HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Toronto-Carolina,New York Rangers,Dallas

Old
12-10-2013, 11:44 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
As a Leafs fan, I'd prefer him on the NHL team over Fraser, so that's something. Are you allowed to want your own player?
Obviously no. Though he is not helping enough to earn his money.

SeaOfBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:46 PM
Almighty

Proposal #1 is the only one that makes sense really. #2 the Rangers give up too much and #3... What's the point?

Almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:55 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfan3 View Post
Proposal #1 is the only one that makes sense really. #2 the Rangers give up too much and #3... What's the point?
I don't really know

And how about Franson for Girardi then? Or Franson and Smithson for Girardi. That's about where it's at.

Old
12-11-2013, 12:29 AM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoMapleLeafsFTW View Post
Earlier in the year. The same can be said about Raymond before he was signed for a million bucks to score nearly 20 points so far this year. No team claims players on waivers at that time unless they REALLY like someone who was a huge surprise for being put up and he's a good deal. Look at George Parros, put on waivers, claimed, and not too long after was traded for a 2nd round pick and an increased 3rd.
Parros was claimed by the Avalanche and then traded to Anahiem who finished 2nd in the West while the Avalanche missed the playoffs Avs had a higher priority in the waiver claim if the Avs didn't claim him Anahiem would have and not givin up the pick. Anahiem obviously knew Parros was gonna be put on waivers and thought no one would take him when the Avs did they had to pony up to get the him.

that is not the same as a guy clearing waivers. some have cleared waivers and then got traded for salary reason IE team needed to give back salary to take the player, but that's clearly not the case here.

also if you think that GM's don't go through all the players available on waivers at the beginning of the year to see if someone could improve there team I don't know what to tell you. you can't honestly think a team thought Holzer could have made there team better but choose to pass on him anyways for free

and tons of players get claimed at that point Grabner was claimed by the Isles and put up 30 goals. so did Aucoin from the leafs last year. Holzer holds pretty much no trade value at this point like I said 29 other teams passed on him, it's not like he's been brought up and played well to change anyone's opinion.

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:54 AM
echlfreak

Quote:

Tim Gleason
4th round pick 2014

John Michael Liles
Carter Ashton

Dan Girardi
Anton Stralman
Sam Noreau

Cody Franson
Mason Raymond
Korbinian Holzer

Vern Fiddler
5th round pick 2014
7th round pick 2015

Mark Fraser
Frazer McLaren

That also still keeps many other players available to trade, including Gardiner and Kulemin.
Maple Leafs punch must taste good!!!

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 01:24 AM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#FreeClendening

vCash: 69
Really bad for the Rangers. Stralman has been very solid.

aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 07:54 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*

What do you mean they don't serve filet mignon on the dollar menu? This is blasphemy!!!!!!

You're not getting Girardi unless you offer something significant the Rangers actually want.... You guys should get it by now..

And Stralman has completely rejuvenated his career here in NY. He's not going anywhere.

Additionally: Rangers have 2 RHD on their roster. Girardi and Stralman. You think Sather's moving both of them?

These lopsided, ass-backwards proposals are getting out of hand.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 08:13 AM
go comets

gleason is a good player, but needs a lot of ice time to be effective. a change of scenery would do a lot of good. same for cam ward.......

go comets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 08:22 AM
kihei

vCash: 4108
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post

Gleason (some retained salary), Tlusty, mid pick

Kulemin, Gardiner
Why would you think a package this costly would appeal to any Leaf fan who wasn't totally brain-dead?

kihei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 09:49 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Raymond came off of a terrible season last year. You can't use that as leverage for his current season. I could have said that about Franson last year too. Also, you get Holzer
Sure I can. Do you honestly believe that AV is going to view Raymond differently because he's producing this year under a different coach, with different players, and in a different system? Good for Raymond and the leafs, but that doesn't suddenly make him valuable to AV or the Rangers.

Quote:
Also, Girardi isn't even close to Franson offensively, so what's your point?
The point is Girardi holds a lot more value that Franson. The point is we don't want those players. You can argue their value all you want, but they don't hold that value with the Rangers.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Liferleafer
Bob's assclown

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
As a Leafs fan, I'd prefer him on the NHL team over Fraser, so that's something. Are you allowed to want your own player?
I totally agree, i'd prefer Liles over Fraser or Ranger right now.

Question to both Rangers and Canes fans, what is the cost of Gleason or Girardi?

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 10:36 AM
TGWL

Quote:
So are we, Holzer is a RHD defenseman. He's the last one in our system.
Holzer isn't a roster player at the moment. See the difference?

TGWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Renegade

The Carolina trade is probably the only one that's decently close. To be able to dump salary you have to give value back, and I think Ashton can be that value.

Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Lethargic
Cthulhu 2016

Gleason for Liles.

Would like to get Kulemin, but not sure who it would take.

Lethargic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 02:08 PM
OnlyRevolutions
Infinite Jest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I totally agree, i'd prefer Liles over Fraser or Ranger right now.

Question to both Rangers and Canes fans, what is the cost of Gleason or Girardi?
Girardi:

At the deadline or now?

A promising RHD under 25 and a pick (1-3) would work for me. Values can shift depending on the D offered. If you want to throw in JVR...

OnlyRevolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Monument
Start The Shooting

Quote:
So are we, Holzer is a RHD defenseman. He's the last one in our system.
Would the last winger in our system entice you as the last piece of a package to give up JVR?

Think about it.

Monument is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Saucenikov

vCash: 485
Way too many moves, would never happen

Saucenikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Liferleafer
Bob's assclown

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyRevolutions View Post
Girardi:

At the deadline or now?

A promising RHD under 25 and a pick (1-3) would work for me. Values can shift depending on the D offered. If you want to throw in JVR...
Franson and a 2nd/3rd?

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 04:41 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Sure I can. Do you honestly believe that AV is going to view Raymond differently because he's producing this year under a different coach, with different players, and in a different system? Good for Raymond and the leafs, but that doesn't suddenly make him valuable to AV or the Rangers.

The point is Girardi holds a lot more value that Franson. The point is we don't want those players. You can argue their value all you want, but they don't hold that value with the Rangers.
What proof do you have the Girardi is better than Franson? I could say Franson is better than Girardi just the same. Franson has more points? Franson's bigger? Girardi is better defensively, but Top 4 offensive defensemen cost a lot, and RHD defensemen even more so. Top 4 defensive type defensemen come a lot cheaper, and there are plenty more available.

Old
12-11-2013, 04:43 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Franson and a 2nd/3rd?
We don't want to trade anymore picks. We can't anyways. I'll give them Biggs at the most (for him right now), because Girardi has yet to prove to me (in all the games I've watched him play against the Leafs), that he is worth that much more than Franson. Franson could have gone for a 1st and others in the summer when he didn't even have a contract. He's having a similar season this year, so what makes him worth less?

Old
12-11-2013, 04:49 PM
CaptainCally

vCash: 50
Quote:
What proof do you have the Girardi is better than Franson? I could say Franson is better than Girardi just the same. Franson has more points? Franson's bigger? Girardi is better defensively, but Top 4 offensive defensemen cost a lot, and RHD defensemen even more so. Top 4 defensive type defensemen come a lot cheaper, and there are plenty more available.
what's next? Gardiner > weber because Weber isn't as good of a skater?

Girardi is way better than Franson.

Last edited by piqued: 12-11-2013 at 04:51 PM. Reason: flaming
CaptainCally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Raspewtin
Free Kat Dennings

That deal with the Rangers is a joke.

Girardi alone gets those pieces back.

"It's going to be a zoo no matter what, Staalmania, Staals everywhre, omg Staal on Staal action, three brothers hockeying! Staal returning to Carolina omg what news! All the feels he is feel..." - Ail on Eric Staal's return to Carolina.
Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Raspewtin
Free Kat Dennings

Quote:
Franson is hardly top 4. He's a joke defensively.

He'd be on the bottom pair on the Rangers.

He's in no way worth as much as Girardi, that's simply wrong.

Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Demko

Quote:
Girardi DOES hold move value despite what you think. Last time I checked a defencemen's job is to play defence. (with a few exceptions to teams that have OTHER dmen that can play defence). Defencemen like Girardi are not expected to put up big points, their job is to shut down opponents and the Leafs need players like Girardi real bad. Other than Phaneuf and if you REALLY want to stretch it, Gunnarsson. They don't have anyone that can do that. Fraser? Liles? Holzer? They're barely roster players on a lot of teams. Reilly? Gardinier? Too young. They really show their gaffs when they're playing.

By your logic, Girardi is actually better than Franson. Girardi has more goals than Franson and Goals >>> Assists. More so to show how your logic is TERRBILE. Gilbert has more points than Reilly, he's also bigger (in size). Gilbert is "clearly" better than Reilly.

Demko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 05:30 PM
free0717

Rangers have only two RH dmen and we are giving up both for LH dmen.

Why would the Rangers screw up the Right side of there Defense.

RH Defenseman are a commodity in this NHL. We want to hold on to them unless another team grossly overpays.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote