HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Area around Prudential Center

Old
12-10-2013, 06:05 PM
NCRanger

vCash: 500
Area around Prudential Center

Mods - If this is inappropriate for this board, please close, move, or merge.

I'm coming "home" from Charlotte, NC over Christmas to see family, and usually try to catch a Ranger game at the Garden. This year isn't going to work out schedule wise. But, my five year old wanted to see a hockey game, so I grabbed some seats for the Devils/Blue Jackets game on the 27th.

Basically, just wondering if the bars/restaurants (Brick City Grill, etc.) are safe and/or okay for a five year old an hour or two before a game.

Probably taking the train from Linden or Cranford.

Thanks for your responses.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 02:05 AM
rmcg11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
Mods - If this is inappropriate for this board, please close, move, or merge.

I'm coming "home" from Charlotte, NC over Christmas to see family, and usually try to catch a Ranger game at the Garden. This year isn't going to work out schedule wise. But, my five year old wanted to see a hockey game, so I grabbed some seats for the Devils/Blue Jackets game on the 27th.

Basically, just wondering if the bars/restaurants (Brick City Grill, etc.) are safe and/or okay for a five year old an hour or two before a game.

Probably taking the train from Linden or Cranford.

Thanks for your responses.
im a big fan of DINO BBQ but its pretty crowded before games generally. Brick City Grill and Dino bbq are both on the block in between the train station and the Rock. Dino also is fairly large so you might be able to get a table away from the bar so you won't have to deal with as many drunks . Also if you go to Dino get the skirt steak its fantastic.

rmcg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 05:43 AM
Blueshirt Special

Lots of kids at Pru all the time. The immediate area is no problem. No safety concerns other than what you would normally be looking out for with a 5yo in a crowded environment.

You might just be better off eating inside the arena though. Plenty of food choices and some are pretty good.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote