HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

A Draft Trade I'd Make

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2005, 07:09 AM
Mr. Lack

vCash: 500
A Draft Trade I'd Make

I'd would wait to see if Bourett was still available at After the TOP 10 was already picked and then try to move up a couple of spots to get him. I think using 1 of the 2nds might not be too bad for them.

Everything I read about this kid leads me to believe that he is just what the Doctor oredered.

Old
07-29-2005, 07:11 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lack
I'd would wait to see if Bourett was still available at After the TOP 10 was already picked and then try to move up a couple of spots to get him. I think using 1 of the 2nds might not be too bad for them.

Everything I read about this kid leads me to believe that he is just what the Doctor oredered.

Either Him or Skille I think will be there at our pick.

Old
07-29-2005, 08:39 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
Either Him or Skille I think will be there at our pick.
Skille has no chance of making it out of the top 10.

Old
07-29-2005, 08:42 AM
drewcon40

TSN.ca has Bourret selected by the Rangers at 16.

Old
07-29-2005, 08:48 AM
Mr. Lack

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40
I just can't see Bourett or Skille making it to 16.

I think it is important to try to find players who would be TOP 2 line material. We have enough 3rd and 4th liners in our system as it is.

Old
07-29-2005, 09:11 AM
Barnaby

I really don't see Bourret avail at 16... def not Skille, if he makes it to ten I'd be a bit surprised...

Old
07-29-2005, 09:26 AM
BLACKBURN

With three seconds you would be crazy not to try and at least use one to move up. wih two expendable seconds I would have thought we could easily move up. Plus we have a lot of prospect deph so if a team wanted a a pick and a prospect we could do that too.

As mentioned before look for another possible korpikosi type deal.

A team with the 10-14th pick may be willing to move down a couple of spots for the 16th pick and a solid second. Thats if a player we would like si available at that spot.

Old
07-29-2005, 09:56 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
If Skille, O'Marra and Skille are gone, I would take Lee if he's still there.

Old
07-29-2005, 10:04 AM
True Blue

Right now, I would look at:

1) Bourret
2) Lee
3) Mcardle
4) Parent

Old
07-29-2005, 10:07 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Right now, I would look at:

1) Bourret
2) Lee
3) Mcardle
4) Parent
I don't know why but McArdle does nothing for me. Like your list but I would mention Stoa and Latendresse.

Old
07-29-2005, 10:09 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Like your list but I would mention Stoa and Latendresse.
Admitedly, I do not know much abot Stoa. Latendresse, however, does nothing for me. He has skating issues and that cannot be a good thing with no red-line. Weren't there also questions about his character? He reminds me a lot of Shremp. And I was not a fan of his either.

Old
07-29-2005, 10:14 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Admitedly, I do not know much abot Stoa. Latendresse, however, does nothing for me. He has skating issues and that cannot be a good thing with no red-line. Weren't there also questions about his character? He reminds me a lot of Shremp. And I was not a fan of his either.
Fair enough.

I don't feel compelled to draft a forward at 16. If Lee is there or Parent or Staal, you gotta take the defenseman.

Old
07-29-2005, 01:52 PM
SatherMustGo

Hey guys just wondering if anyone else read about how Anaheim would be willing to deal their #2 pick....Im not sure where I saw it but anyway I was wondering if you guys think we should trade our 16 and two of our 2nd rounders or possibly a 2nd and 3rd to move up to #2.....If we traded our 16th and 2 of our 2nd rounders we would still have another 2nd round pick left....Unfortunetly I dont have the background and knowledge of all the kids in the draft as most of you guys do but I have been reading LW Benoit Pouliot from Sudbury of the OHL is pretty damn good. So what do you guys think we should do???

Old
07-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatherMustGo
Hey guys just wondering if anyone else read about how Anaheim would be willing to deal their #2 pick.... what do you guys think we should do???
Here ya go: http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=154738

Old
07-29-2005, 03:55 PM
eco's bones

If they really want Bourret or Skille and they're still around at 12 or 13 I have no problem with them trading 16 and a 2nd round to move up.

Old
07-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

im getting the pre-draft nite munchies and Ryan Stoa is working on me. Reading on HF that he's a muscular 210 at 6'3" is very intriguing. I know SJBorW really liked him and I'm agreeing right now about 14 hrs before the draft.

From HF's USNTDP preview:

"It seems that the camps are split on Ryan Stoa. While some feel that he won’t live up to the lofty expectations that lie ahead, others see tons of potential just waiting to be tapped. Although he wasn’t shy in the offensive zone (4th in team scoring) for the NNTP’s U-18 team for 2004-05, the biggest test remains ahead of him when he reports to the University of Minnesota in the fall. Head coach Don Lucia is just the right person to guide him. Not only will Minnesota be a loaded team, but Stoa will have familiar faces in Nate Hagemo, Phil Kessel (2006 eligible), and Jeff Frazee to help adjust.

Stoa will likely prove to be a late first round steal. He has the plenty of upside and raw potential to develop into an effective power forward. Given his size, he’s a good skater who possesses good speed. His fundamentals are second to none, and he can stickhandle with the best of them.

He has been not a consideration for Team USA’s 2006 WJC. Regardless, his best is yet to come and he’s a true star in the making.

Comments by Golden Gophers head coach Don Lucia

On what Stoa brings to the Golden Gophers… “He’s a big skilled forward. I just saw him in the weight room, and he’s a solid 210 pounds and is 6’3 tall. It is not that easy to find a combination of a player with that size and who is highly skilled. We like the fact that he could play center, or he could play the wing. He’s a versatile as far as that concern goes. He could be that power forward or that skilled centerman. On top of that, he is a good skater and he sees the ice very well. I think when he fills out, you couple that with his skill and you get a combination that will suit the NHL and even us.”

On the keys to his development… “Using his overall ability and even using the body down low a little more. He’s going to learn how important it is to be competitive night in, and night out. Stuff like that is all part of the process.”

On where he fits in with the current roster…“It’s too early for us to tell just what kind of role he will fit into best. Once we get a chance to coach him we’ll get a chance to see whether he is going to be that skilled forward, if he can work on the power play, kill penalties or even play four-on-four. If we like his overall versatility, then we’re going to give him that chance to play in those different situations.” "

Old
07-29-2005, 09:28 PM
Garden_Variety

Stoa would probably be available at 16. I think Sather is going to take a defenseman though. Just my gut feeling.

Old
07-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden_Variety
Stoa would probably be available at 16. I think Sather is going to take a defenseman though. Just my gut feeling.
I'm getting turned off by the ruling that allows college players who stay for 4 years to become free-agents by Aug. 15th of that year.

Also, someone is speculating that Jack Johnson knows this, will wait 4 years, and then sign with PIT to be with Sidney.

Closed Thread