HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The League 2013-14 Part Trois

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2013, 11:03 PM
TheSentinel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
Looking at the scoreboard is like groundhogs day. Phoenix, winning. San Jose, winning. St. Louis, win. Every night the teams we are really fighting with (Anaheim and Chicago too) are seemingly on just as dominant run as we are.
I'm wishing some of them would start/keep losing too.

Last edited by TheSentinel: 12-12-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old
12-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So, what do you guys think DL is going to get from his buddy Burke?

I could see him really wanting Clifford or Nolan.

Old
12-12-2013, 11:24 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post

Funny you should ask. I posted on the trade forum a Cammy trade for Clifford and Roach since Burke loves his boys BIG!

No way, we trade Nolan. I haven't had a favorite player since Simmonds left, and Nolan's as close to being my favorite.

Old
12-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Reclamation Project
A Warm Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Funny you should ask. I posted on the trade forum a Cammy trade for Clifford and Roach since Burke loves his boys BIG!

No way, we trade Nolan. I haven't had a favorite player since Simmonds left, and Nolan's as close to being my favorite.
Nolan has grown a TON this year. He's really becoming quite the player. No matter how well Clifford has been playing recently, it wouldn't bother me at all to trade him in the right deal.

Old
12-12-2013, 11:50 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I love both--just trying to figure out what Burke would target!

Old
12-13-2013, 09:20 AM
Butch 19
King me

...anyone see last night's TB / Det game?... I watched the last 10 minutes of this game and the OT and SO.

I have NEVER seen a team try less in the shootout than the redwings did. What a group of nonchalant shooters, like they couldn't care less if they scored.

We've all read that Ken Holland does not like the shootout and has forwarded the idea of 3 on 3 OT and various other ways to break tie games, but last night it seriously looked like he told his players to not even try to score in the shootout.

If I was a wings fan, I would be ****** about the shootout "effort" they displayed.

Old
12-13-2013, 09:40 AM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
...anyone see last night's TB / Det game?... I watched the last 10 minutes of this game and the OT and SO.

I have NEVER seen a team try less in the shootout than the redwings did. What a group of nonchalant shooters, like they couldn't care less if they scored.

We've all read that Ken Holland does not like the shootout and has forwarded the idea of 3 on 3 OT and various other ways to break tie games, but last night it seriously looked like he told his players to not even try to score in the shootout.

If I was a wings fan, I would be ****** about the shootout "effort" they displayed.
The Wings have lost 11 shootouts in a row... a lack of effort would explain some of that, although after 11 fails in a row I'd have lost confidence if I were the players as well.

Old
12-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Perro

Quote:

No Chance DL brings Cammy back.

Old
12-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Perro

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I love both--just trying to figure out what Burke would target!
Sven doesn't fit into our system but I could see Burke trading him for Clifford, and a pick.

Old
12-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Reclamation Project
A Warm Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post

I hope they miss the playoffs.

Old
12-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
I hope they miss the playoffs.
I was hoping the Red Wings would steam role teams in the East. The Kings have had to deal with the powerhouse that they were for years, now that they move East they finally start losing.

Old
12-13-2013, 11:52 AM
jml87

Anyone else see this poll on NHL.com?

Which California team has the best chance to win the Stanley Cup this season?

Anaheim Ducks - 49 points:
33.41%
Los Angeles Kings - 46 points:
32.94%
San Jose Sharks - 46 points:
33.65%

Talk about a close contest.

Old
12-13-2013, 11:53 AM
Basilisk

Stupid Eklund is linking us to Vanek.

Old
12-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
hmm, wonder what we would have to give up. Would be hard to get him under the cap, and the Islanders would want to recuperate what they lost on getting him.
Maybe we will be in the running to sign him in the offseason, but I don't think a trade will be worked out.

Old
12-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
That guy would absolutely wilt in our system. I think basically Penner 2.0.

Old
12-13-2013, 12:02 PM
JT8888

Vanek would be awesome, he would be carter part 2. Why do you think he would wilt?

Old
12-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Reclamation Project
A Warm Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Anyone else see this poll on NHL.com?

Which California team has the best chance to win the Stanley Cup this season?

Anaheim Ducks - 49 points:
33.41%
Los Angeles Kings - 46 points:
32.94%
San Jose Sharks - 46 points:
33.65%

Talk about a close contest.
Those NHL polls are rigged. Every single one is always evenly distributed.

Quote:
So we definitely aren't linked to Vanek.

Old
12-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I don't know about Vanek, but it would make our top 6 look ridiculous. Could probably get away with adding him around the deadline with a prorated deal, but I don't know what it would cost, especially with the Islanders having just paid heftily to get him.

I would think that Stoll would have to be involved in the deal to clear up some space, especially now with the emergence of Vey. It could be a good move though given that it is a contract year for him and the cap is going up, we might have the room to sign him, but I haven't looked at it too closely.

I agree though that him performing as well for us is questionable, I don't think he has played with a real defensive system his entire NHL career, there will definitely be some growing pains. Could work out though. However, I would doubt very much that we could win a bidding war for him, maybe during free agency if he fancies playing for a contender by the sunny beach

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
12-13-2013, 12:24 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:

Braden Schenn

12-13-2013, 12:25 PM
JT8888

He was very defensive responsible in buff and was asked to basically carry the team. I actually think the carter comparison is accurate but he doesn't have quite the wheels but he stands in front of the net. Personally I think he would be a perfect fit

Old
12-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Thomas Vanish? Too rich for my blood.

Old
12-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT8888 View Post
He was very defensive responsible in buff and was asked to basically carry the team. I actually think the carter comparison is accurate but he doesn't have quite the wheels but he stands in front of the net. Personally I think he would be a perfect fit
He's smart, he's a big body, and he's got finish. Would look terrific skill-wise with Kopitar and that would be a lot of size to try to contain on one line. I just question his ability to play a demanding system under a demanding coach and he'd have high expectations because the price would likely be astronomical (and he'd be a rental until signed otherwise). Personally, I just think he wouldn't be able to put it all together in time for the playoffs...that's why I said Penner 2.0, he's just got a higher price tag (and obviously a much higher ceiling). It's just a risky move I don't see a true contender making unless the price is fantastic.

Old
12-13-2013, 01:22 PM
JT8888

Quote:
He's smart, he's a big body, and he's got finish. Would look terrific skill-wise with Kopitar and that would be a lot of size to try to contain on one line. I just question his ability to play a demanding system under a demanding coach and he'd have high expectations because the price would likely be astronomical (and he'd be a rental until signed otherwise). Personally, I just think he wouldn't be able to put it all together in time for the playoffs...that's why I said Penner 2.0, he's just got a higher price tag (and obviously a much higher ceiling). It's just a risky move I don't see a true contender making unless the price is fantastic.
Agreed. I wouldn't want to give to much for a rental, i always hated the idea of "rentals". But if being on a demanding championship team might turn him back into the 40+ goal scorer on LW for kopi it might be worth it. He is good on D and has been durable and is pretty consistent on a bad team(s). i would give Pearson for him. maybe add a pick to spice it up.

Old
12-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Perro

Quote:
I thought that the only time that Penner did show up was the playoffs.
I agree with you the price would be too high. I think he should be persued in the offseason with the higher cap.

Old
12-13-2013, 02:43 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Thomas Vanish? Too rich for my blood.
I wonder if Vanek is going to get another huge contract this summer, doesn't seem to deserve one.

Closed Thread