HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2014 QMJHL Draft: Scoutman December Rankings

Old
12-26-2013, 05:17 PM
3 Minute Minor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey2hockey View Post
I know you asked scoutman specifically, but i can confirm some things -

He is indeed 6' 5", CSR currently ranks him as a 'B', and a team will most definitely take him before round 7 imo. Great size and has a nose for shooting the puck, but im not sold on any great defensive prowess other than his reach. He will need another year of Midget to amp up his game and get stronger in that frame if he wants to make the jump at 17. He looked a bit behind the play at the prospect game.

Thank you!

Where do you see this bolded bit?

3 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 06:39 PM
PorkChopSandwiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Thank you!

Where do you see this bolded bit?
Not posted/released. Received from 2 independent sources.

PorkChopSandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 07:18 AM
CRRhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo View Post
U16 tournament starts today in Chateauguay, team Québec versus team Finland at 5pm.
I was at the U16 Qc vs. Finland game last night, and will say that although Campoli is just coming back from injury, he was the total defensive standout last night. His timing is still a bit off but he played a solid two way game with some edge. I was interested in seeing if the hype was merited about him and Girard and Sylvestre, have to say Girard must have been off last night he was underwhelming and for all the comments about his smart play, he did not live up to that as he made some very questionable decisions with the puck. I honestly did not see anything special from Sylvestre. Also there is no way he is 6'3 because Campoli is listed at 6'2 and he was the biggest kid on team Qc.

On offence the stand outs were Lauzon and Moreau,Dubois,Laberge and Brochettes. Unfortunately Dubois and Laberge took stupid penalties at the end of the game costing the victory. It was great seeing Moreau playing to his potential.

Bellemare in nets was outstanding.

CRRhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Kimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRRhockey View Post
I was at the U16 Qc vs. Finland game last night, and will say that although Campoli is just coming back from injury, he was the total defensive standout last night. His timing is still a bit off but he played a solid two way game with some edge. I was interested in seeing if the hype was merited about him and Girard and Sylvestre, have to say Girard must have been off last night he was underwhelming and for all the comments about his smart play, he did not live up to that as he made some very questionable decisions with the puck. I honestly did not see anything special from Sylvestre. Also there is no way he is 6'3 because Campoli is listed at 6'2 and he was the biggest kid on team Qc.

On offence the stand outs were Lauzon and Moreau,Dubois,Laberge and Brochettes. Unfortunately Dubois and Laberge took stupid penalties at the end of the game costing the victory. It was great seeing Moreau playing to his potential.

Big win !! Team quebec won 8-1 tonight againts Compurare !!

Kimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 07:28 AM
Kimo

Quote:

I was at the game againts Compuware great win for team Québec, very good team effort.

Campoli stuggled most of night, 2 bad turnovers giving breakaways and looked slow. I dont know if he was injured but didnt play much in the third.

Laberge and Dubois were dynamite , in a very short time they`ve created great chemistry together. More I watch Laberge , more I like him. If he's not in the the 3 pics this year at the draft their is something wrong.

On defence , Girard looked awesome on the PP, with his speed and carrying the puck skills showed why he is so highly regarded as one of the best D men in the province.

Sylvestre also played a great game, with is physical play he looked dominent out their and scored a beauty one timer on the PP.

Old
12-28-2013, 08:09 AM
CRRhockey

Quote:
I was at the game againts Compuware great win for team Québec, very good team effort.

Campoli stuggled most of night, 2 bad turnovers giving breakaways and looked slow. I dont know if he was injured but didnt play much in the third.

Laberge and Dubois were dynamite , in a very short time they`ve created great chemistry together. More I watch Laberge , more I like him. If he's not in the the 3 pics this year at the draft their is something wrong.

On defence , Girard looked awesome on the PP, with his speed and carrying the puck skills showed why he is so highly regarded as one of the best D men in the province.

Sylvestre also played a great game, with is physical play he looked dominent out their and scored a beauty one timer on the PP.
I agree with your assessment of Laberge and Dubois. both played a very strong game. We all know your bias towards Sylvestre but I do not see what you see in him. I agree that Girard had a much better game against Compuware. Regarding Campoli, he did turn over the puck but he also made some great plays, he had a ridiculous amount of ice time especially on the penalty kill which there were a lot. He is only 5 games back so while I agree his timing is still a bit off but to me he looks quite good but there is room for improvement.

CRRhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 09:49 AM
Kimo

Quote:

Quote:
I agree with your assessment of Laberge and Dubois. both played a very strong game. We all know your bias towards Sylvestre but I do not see what you see in him. I agree that Girard had a much better game against Compuware. Regarding Campoli, he did turn over the puck but he also made some great plays, he had a ridiculous amount of ice time especially on the penalty kill which there were a lot. He is only 5 games back so while I agree his timing is still a bit off but to me he looks quite good but there is room for improvement.
I am giving my opinion on the players who I thought made a difference in the outcome of yesterday game.

If you dont like Sylvestre game thats your opinion and I respect it but please dont say I'm bias towards him. I feel that he is being unfairly ranked on this forum which is the 4th round in next years draft.

Old
12-28-2013, 10:06 AM
Rekus

Quote:

I was at both U16 games.

Campoli had a couple of bad moments yesterday but played in all suituations but cannot say the same for Girard. Girard looked awful in the first game, bad decisions and not strong with quite few give always and turnovers - not genius like. Gerard took 2 hooking penalties in his own end and I do not see the big loops he takes at centre ice working well for at the next level without him getting hit hard. Campoli played most of the first period of the first game and was used almost as much during the rest of both games - maybe too much. Gerard has great skating but he has no strength and the U16 team was often pinned in their D zone when he was on the ice in the first game losing most if not all his puck battles. IMO.

Laberge and Dubois looked great. I could easily see Laberge going 1st overall - he is dynamic with a great shot and speed. He is better than Balmas IMO.

Last edited by Rekus: 12-28-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Rekus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:18 AM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by proam16 View Post
I was at both U16 games.

Campoli had a couple of bad moments yesterday but played in all suituations but cannot say the same for Girard. Girard looked awful in the first game, bad decisions and not strong with quite few give always and turnovers - not genius like. Camp oil played most of the first period of the first game and was used almost as much during the rest of both games - maybe too much. Gerard has great skating but he has no strength and the U16 team was often pinned in their D zone when he was on the ice in the first game losing most if not all his puck battles. IMO.

Laberge and Dubois looked great. I could easily see Laberge going 1st overall - he is dynamic with a great shot and speed. He is better than Balmas IMO.
Laberge IMO is bellow Balmas in talent.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Rekus

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
Laberge IMO is bellow Balmas in talent.
Laberge's stock keeps rising.

Old
12-28-2013, 01:06 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Laberge's stock keeps rising.
oh there is no doubt about it right now i have him going top 5 in the draft....I still have him bellow Campoli right now because of Campoli just coming back his skill level, physical tools and size but there is no doubt he has worked himself so far into the top 5 ranked players. Playoffs in the Quebec Midget will be the big rise or fall for Campoli, i myself and other scouts are giving him that time to adjust and get back into the grove of things, he is still getting use to midget hockey since these games are like most players first 10 so far.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 10:12 AM
habs1990

How do you guys feel about LM defencemen Domenico Argento. I personally find that he is very soft and doesnt really seem to ever be into the game. Dont see him being drafted in the top 3 rounds. Would love to hear Scoutmans input on this player

habs1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Rekus

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs1990 View Post
How do you guys feel about LM defencemen Domenico Argento. I personally find that he is very soft and doesnt really seem to ever be into the game. Dont see him being drafted in the top 3 rounds. Would love to hear Scoutmans input on this player
While I have not seen Argento play in a while - I would never think of this kid being soft. i think you have him confused with someone else.

Old
01-08-2014, 11:46 AM
habs1990

Quote:
While I have not seen Argento play in a while - I would never think of this kid being soft. i think you have him confused with someone else.
I have seen Argento play many times and i could tell you that he does not finish many of his checks and does not play very physical for such a big guy. He would be so much better if he would start using his big frame effectively.

Old
01-09-2014, 08:47 AM
qc2nf

Couple of comments on recent posts, I think Laberge has had a great year and he has put himself in to the conversation for top 5 but he is not as skilled as Balmas. As for Campoli this kid is going to be very good and suspect by the end of the year when he has some games under his belt he will be the number one or two pick with Balmas(assuming Krys stays in the US). The U16 may not have been the best showing for Girard but his IQ is excellent and moves the puck out of his zone with ease constantly. Lastly I would not call Argento soft I think he can be nastier but for sure not soft.

qc2nf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:11 AM
habs1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutqc View Post
Couple of comments on recent posts, I think Laberge has had a great year and he has put himself in to the conversation for top 5 but he is not as skilled as Balmas. As for Campoli this kid is going to be very good and suspect by the end of the year when he has some games under his belt he will be the number one or two pick with Balmas(assuming Krys stays in the US). The U16 may not have been the best showing for Girard but his IQ is excellent and moves the puck out of his zone with ease constantly. Lastly I would not call Argento soft I think he can be nastier but for sure not soft.
I just find that Argento needs to become more involved in the games. He seems like hes just going through the motions. He has the skill in my opinion to be top 10 come this summer if he would use what he has more effectively.

Old
01-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Rekus

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs1990 View Post

I just find that Argento needs to become more involved in the games. He seems like hes just going through the motions. He has the skill in my opinion to be top 10 come this summer if he would use what he has more effectively.
I think your last comments are more relevant. He may need to play up to his potential.

But definately not soft - that is not a good description of this kid. He is big and I have seen him play aggressive/physical. He just needs to play that way consistently and make his presence felt on the ice.

Old
01-09-2014, 09:29 AM
Rekus

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutqc View Post
Accurate summary.

Old
01-09-2014, 09:24 PM
PorkChopSandwiches

I have my Atlantic list now reading
1. Maher
2. Getson
3. Fitzpatrick
4. Luke Green
5. Balmas

Last edited by PorkChopSandwiches: 01-10-2014 at 08:48 PM. Reason: put numbers there cause posting on a phone sucks
Old
01-09-2014, 10:11 PM
Daneurism

Quote:
I have my Atlantic list now reading Maher, Getson, Fitzpatrick, Luke Green, Balmas
Im confused...Is this an order?

Daneurism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:21 PM
LuG61
Randy The Saviour

vCash: 1015
Quote:
I have my Atlantic list now reading Maher, Getson, Fitzpatrick, Luke Green, Balmas
Haven't seen Maher yet this weekend but I thought Luke Green was much more effective today then Balmas and Getson. Keep in mind he plays on a much stronger team and I didn't get to see the full games of Balmas or Getson just half a game each. Fitzpatrick looked great too.

Curious as to what round Nauss(Macs) Foley(Newbridge) are expected to go in. Foley has good touch around the net and good boards play. I thought Nauss looked fantastic in todays game.

LuG61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:08 AM
PorkChopSandwiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks61 View Post
Haven't seen Maher yet this weekend but I thought Luke Green was much more effective today then Balmas and Getson. Keep in mind he plays on a much stronger team and I didn't get to see the full games of Balmas or Getson just half a game each. Fitzpatrick looked great too.

Curious as to what round Nauss(Macs) Foley(Newbridge) are expected to go in. Foley has good touch around the net and good boards play. I thought Nauss looked fantastic in todays game.
Been a fan of both, I have Nauss going before round 3 and Foley before 6.

Old
01-10-2014, 10:08 AM
3 Minute Minor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneurism View Post
Im confused...Is this an order?
Also confused on that one lol

Old
01-10-2014, 08:49 PM
PorkChopSandwiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Also confused on that one lol
edited, yes it was ranking them.

Old
01-10-2014, 08:54 PM
3 Minute Minor

Quote:
edited, yes it was ranking them.
For real? You're ranking Balmas 5th in NS?!