HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brennan/Flynn

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2003, 06:54 AM
mysteryman

vCash: 500
Brennan/Flynn

I think its a long shot that both of these guys will make the starting roster so I was thinking about this...

One of them will be sent to Manchester. While at Manchester they will see more ice time then they would here in LA. So with that in mind...what player would actually be better served getting loads of time in Manchester? Can Flynn improve with significant ice time or are his skills already so minimal the sclae of improvement is marginal? Brennan already is a more complete player....can that additional time mold him into a solid 3rd or 4th line NHLer?

BTW, Kingsjohn-cant wait to do some XMAS shopping this year.

Old
09-30-2003, 09:24 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
this is a very odd battle, because while most people appear to romance the thought that FLINN (note spelling... grin) is some mythical legend that will go down in Kings History as the greatest enforcer since Conan The Barbarian, the fact is... the guy hasn't really fought in over a year. There are a couple of reasons:

1. He's trying to prove he can actually not be a liability on the ice when NOT fighting

and (the biggest reason)

2. NO ONE WANTS TO FIGHT HIM

So, you have a tough situation with Flinn. Couple that with the fact that down in the AHL people DO want to fight him (to prove their own self-worth) and so Boudreau doesn't give him minutes because he can't really afford to put a player in the lineup who is as one dimensional as he is.

Brennan is the "more complete" player, and the more level-headed Kings fans seem to think he's the choice of the two because he gives AM more options in terms of actual playing time. He's a decent fighter, and not so feared that people won't "go" with him. However, Brennan could get more minutes in Manchester and develop into a reasonable fourth line guy, so he may be better served by getting shipped down.

Norton is the wildcard, because of his (cough, cough) versatility.

If I had to guess, I would say FLINN is going to start the season in LA, but be a healthy scratch for most of the games. If the team needs his neanderthal-like presence in the lineup, he'll get his 3 minutes on ice, 52 minutes on the bench and 5 across the way.

Old
09-30-2003, 09:32 AM
IGM

I am one of those people who think that Flinn would be the better of the two to have on the big team. Niether of them should be used for anything other than a physical presence. If we want someone on the ice who can actually play the game then we have allot better options then either of those two can provide us.

I think that if we are going to keep a battler on the team that we might as well have the one that nobody wants to fight. It will serve the same purpose whether he fights or not. If he can scare the other team from dirty play then he has done his job. Either one should only be sent out to send that kind of a message in my opinion so which of the two has the better skills in the rest of their game doesn't really matter to me. Neither of them are going to be much more than an enforcer, send out the best brawler and watch him go.

Old
09-30-2003, 10:22 AM
MOOSE55

Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGM
I am one of those people who think that Flinn would be the better of the two to have on the big team. Niether of them should be used for anything other than a physical presence. If we want someone on the ice who can actually play the game then we have allot better options then either of those two can provide us.

I think that if we are going to keep a battler on the team that we might as well have the one that nobody wants to fight. It will serve the same purpose whether he fights or not. If he can scare the other team from dirty play then he has done his job. Either one should only be sent out to send that kind of a message in my opinion so which of the two has the better skills in the rest of their game doesn't really matter to me. Neither of them are going to be much more than an enforcer, send out the best brawler and watch him go.
I SECOND THIS......WE ONLY NEED THESE GUYS FOR THEIR MUSCLE NOT SKILLS....SO FLINN IS A BETTER FIT.....PLUS HE'S MORE OF A CROWD PLEASER.

Old
09-30-2003, 03:41 PM
Game Misconduct

I am not among the level-headed.

Old
10-01-2003, 01:52 AM
royalsfanatic

I think Flinn should be sent down to Reading for development

Old
10-03-2003, 12:04 PM
washie

"2. NO ONE WANTS TO FIGHT HIM"

And thats why I hope he makes this team. Can you think of a line of Flyn on left and Brennan on the right with Lappy in the center. My god that would be like the Gerasic Line again with Johnson Lappy and that one guy that was like 7'0 that we had. I cant remember his name.

Closed Thread