HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

King might not get qualified.

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Peter

vCash: 500
King might not get qualified.

No rumor here just plain speculation on my part. Orzsagh (sp?) from Nashville was not qualified by the Predators because they did not think he would be recovered in time to play for them the first few months of the season and their GM said that "injured players contracts count towards the cap" and they didn't want him to eat up that space.

If this is true...it is what is being reported...then I am speculating that with King's concussion, and the possiblity of his not being ready for the season, mabye Nonis doesn't qualify him.

The difference, I guess is, King's qualifier is probably a lot less that Orzsagh's? So maybe my speculation is off. I would just hate to lose King for nothing.

Old
07-29-2005, 01:23 PM
Peter Griffin

Are there two-way contracts still in the "new NHL"? If so, can't King just be signed to a two-way?

Old
07-29-2005, 01:26 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

King will be qualified. I think his qualifyer is around 500,000.

Old
07-29-2005, 01:50 PM
canucks666

<smacks hand on forehead at this thread>

Peter, King is one of the canucks top prospects, a potential top-6 player depending on how he turns out and how the RFA/UFA signings turn out, and he makes a lot less than Oranameicantpronounce, and can probably be signed to a two-way contract. NO WAY is he not gonna be qualified. Like zero % chance.

Old
07-29-2005, 01:54 PM
ArtG

King is a great prospect and will be qualified -- especially the way Tamby was talking about him the other day.

Meanwhile, Orazagh (sp?!) is a great two-way forward with offensive potential. I would be overjoyed if we could sign a guy like this; definitely an upgrade on Rucinsky. He gives 100% every shift and I've never heard a bad thing about him.

Closed Thread