HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

CCM Shortage

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-12-2013, 07:53 PM
  #1
Prov1X
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fredericton NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
CCM Shortage

Sorry, just a little bit of a rant. Just had my supplier email me saying that my clothing order is two track pants short. Apparently there NO medium youth CCM 8008 Track pants left in North America. I am more than a little disappointed with him as I was promised that I would have my order in before Christmas and second, how do I determine which two kids don't get their track pants. Says that they are back ordered till at least March.
I am starting to believe that there are none, I have been searching and calling all day and no luck, I can get different colors, different sizes, everything except what I need. Guess I should have went with Bauer!
</rantoff>


Last edited by Prov1X: 12-12-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Mod edit filter issues.
Prov1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 08:00 PM
  #2
AIREAYE
Registered User
 
AIREAYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: China
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
what

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 08:05 PM
  #3
Prov1X
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fredericton NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Sorry, placed an order for team track suits, promised to come in time for Christmas. Found out today that we are two track pants short in size medium. And apparently they are back ordered until March of next year..

Prov1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 08:22 PM
  #4
AIREAYE
Registered User
 
AIREAYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: China
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
Happens.

We were short a bit for a large custom team jersey order from a certain large company this year as well, not CCM.


Last edited by Canadiens1958: 12-12-2013 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Mod edit - language.
AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 10:03 PM
  #5
Canadiens1958
Moderator
 
Canadiens1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,446
vCash: 500
Language

Understand being upset but no need for the language or filter bypassing expressions.

Please stop.

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 10:06 PM
  #6
intangible
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 746
vCash: 139
So cancel your order and go with Bauer. If you ordered a number of one product and they can't deliver, you're well within your rights to cancel the order.

intangible is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 03:41 AM
  #7
jazzykat
Registered User
 
jazzykat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
Request that they provide 2 higher quality sets to replace them. It sucks that 2 guys can't get them for Christmas.

jazzykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 09:28 AM
  #8
jsykes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NoVa
Posts: 774
vCash: 500
Yup, I had the same thing with another supplier for a team order of suits. We were left without medium jackets.

The team decided to wait. In your case, if they cant deliver, you can cancel as was said and then go with someone else if they have what you need.

If not, there isnt much you can do.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 11:05 AM
  #9
CaptBrannigan
Registered User
 
CaptBrannigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,701
vCash: 500
I'll also add that we had shortages and lengthy delays on the track suits this year and they weren't from CCM. There were some changes this year that have resulted in some unfortunate results.

CaptBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 11:21 AM
  #10
Prov1X
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fredericton NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Thanks guys, never had issues before like this. What's worse, we did have a choice of CCM or Bauer and was out yesterday looking in local shops and of course, two pairs of Bauer...guess that they call that Murphy's law LOL.
I have contacted everyone that I can think of, all across the country with no luck. Still waiting to hear back from a couple others. Just seems so strange that there would be none in North America LOL

Sorry for filter issue, not even sure what I did. Apologies

Prov1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 11:48 AM
  #11
Canadiens1958
Moderator
 
Canadiens1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,446
vCash: 500
NA Product

Happens with off shore product. Try Canadian or USA or NAFTA product.

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 12:02 PM
  #12
jsykes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NoVa
Posts: 774
vCash: 500
You had a choice between Bauer and CCM and went CCM, they cant deliver. Why can you not just cancel the order now and order the Bauer if they have them? I'm not sure about Canada, but in the US, if Bauer has it in stock I can easily have it in about a week which still leaves time before Christmas.

BTW, what color are you looking for, CCM is showing me all colors in stock in youth medium for the 8008 pant.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 08:08 PM
  #13
Prov1X
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fredericton NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post
You had a choice between Bauer and CCM and went CCM, they cant deliver. Why can you not just cancel the order now and order the Bauer if they have them? I'm not sure about Canada, but in the US, if Bauer has it in stock I can easily have it in about a week which still leaves time before Christmas.

BTW, what color are you looking for, CCM is showing me all colors in stock in youth medium for the 8008 pant.
I would have love to have cancelled the order, but for the sake of two kids (which i spoke to parents before about the issue), I wanted to make sure that the rest were delivered. This is for my spring team, so Saturday is our last time together before Christmas, and I have a bunch from out of town.
Where are you looking? I am looking for the Youth Medium in Black with the white striping. Mind sharing your source, I have no issue purchasing and shipping to my US mail box.
Thanks

Prov1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 09:15 PM
  #14
Prov1X
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fredericton NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Crisis may have been avoided, I have found a spot online that is showing 2+ inventory and placed an order for two pair. Now hopefully their inventory is up to date and they are available. If all goes well, will have them by Thursday and ready for the weekend.
Thanks all

Prov1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 05:53 PM
  #15
Prov1X
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fredericton NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
What would you do?

I already have my answer, just wondering if I am being too harsh or not. This still pertains to this entire thread, being shorted on an order, me busting my backside to find the pants, finding them, having to drive an hour to get them because they need to be shipped to my US address.
So I email the guy who was supposed to have all of this order done in time for Christmas today to see if he will do up the pants with the number and our logo so I can deliver to the two kids before Christmas. His response was nope, his machines are scheduled to be down for maintenance next week, so he won't be able to get them done till the new year..WHAT? It's two pairs of pants (4 numbers stitched and two logos), I guess I would have expected someone to go out of their way to make things right, guess I was wrong. Guess it's his loss, as I have another clothing order to go in, and would have another before Spring hockey even begins.
Am I asking too much? It's a small business that is run out of his basement, in a fairly small city. Oh well, his loss.


Last edited by Prov1X: 12-16-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Prov1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 07:20 PM
  #16
Canadiens1958
Moderator
 
Canadiens1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,446
vCash: 500
Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov1X View Post
I already have my answer, just wondering if I am being too harsh or not. This still pertains to this entire thread, being shorted on an order, me busting my backside to find the pants, finding them, having to drive an hour to get them because they need to be shipped to my US address.
So I email the guy who was supposed to have all of this order done in time for Christmas today to see if he will do up the pants with the number and our logo so I can deliver to the two kids before Christmas. His response was nope, his machines are scheduled to be down for maintenance next week, so he won't be able to get them done till the new year..WHAT? It's two pairs of pants (4 numbers stitched and two logos), I guess I would have expected someone to go out of their way to make things right, guess I was wrong. Guess it's his loss, as I have another clothing order to go in, and would have another before Spring hockey even begins.
Am I asking too much? It's a small business that is run out of his basement, in a fairly small city. Oh well, his loss.
Broder issues is that with you supplying the apparel the embroidery place loses profit on the suits.

No matter. Embroidery and/or silk screen places are a dime a dozen. Town of 125,000 half an hour away lists about a dozen.

Going to a new place for a couple will cost in terms of set up charges but worth it in terms of team bonding and the players, parents and others will appreciate the extra effort.

Couple minor issues. The thread may not be from the same batch and the embroidery program slightly different so the "look" might be slightly off.

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 07:55 AM
  #17
Prov1X
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fredericton NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1958 View Post
Broder issues is that with you supplying the apparel the embroidery place loses profit on the suits.

No matter. Embroidery and/or silk screen places are a dime a dozen. Town of 125,000 half an hour away lists about a dozen.

Going to a new place for a couple will cost in terms of set up charges but worth it in terms of team bonding and the players, parents and others will appreciate the extra effort.

Couple minor issues. The thread may not be from the same batch and the embroidery program slightly different so the "look" might be slightly off.
Thanks for mentioning that, I am going to bring pictures of the current stitching and such so he can match as closely as possible. Thanks again.

Prov1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 08:18 AM
  #18
Canadiens1958
Moderator
 
Canadiens1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,446
vCash: 500
Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov1X View Post
Thanks for mentioning that, I am going to bring pictures of the current stitching and such so he can match as closely as possible. Thanks again.
Good to see that you found an alternative for the embroidery.

You may want to bring a finished item as the quality of the thread and work may not show on a picture.

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2013, 12:45 PM
  #19
Prov1X
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fredericton NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Well pants are done and in the hands of the parents who have been waiting patiently. Not sure if I am allowed to mention names are not but they really stepped up and came through for me.

Prov1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.