HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins to Ottawa

Old
12-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
lol at the undervaluing of Zibanejad

He has 13 points in 25 games. 0.52 ppg

Nuge has 24 in 35, 0.77 ppg

They're the same age. Zibanejad will be a beast two-way. Lol @ Paajarvi
In that case, why do you want to make the deal so badly? Here, you are arguing that they'll both score at similar paces, but that Zibanejad will be the physical two-way "beast."

My guess is that your recognize that Zibanejad's upside is nowhere near RNH. RNH could easily develop at the level of Tavares, Hall, or Duchene and Zibanejad will LIKELY (who knows what the future brings, of course) ever get close that level.

12-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Why would the Oil trade their young talented center (RNH) for an older player (Spezza)?
They wouldn't.

Some deals are close enough to discuss/fine tune. I don't think this one is worth talking about.

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Benny FTW
[yt]M6PbdJiAK84[/yt]

vCash: 50
Ask: "I like your teams player, what would it take to acquire him?"

Get replied with: "YOU'RE A HORRIBLE PERSON"

Calm down people

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 03:06 PM
bestmyfeeling

RNH would bring back a bigger package then Kessell did to boston i'd imagine

bestmyfeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 03:06 PM
officeglen

Quote:
This is a serious inquiry
I disagree with the reasons you gave for each team wanting to make this trade

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Cool Hand Goof*

is it just me or does every edmonton fan value every top pick as the next gretzky?

any time there names are mentioned it turns into your whole roster for our one hotshot up and coming rookie who hasnt really proved much at all

i understand just giving a guy who was touted as the best of his draft class away for next to nothing is not happening

but some deals ive seen shot down are legit

oiler fans , you might have to lose in a trade , everyone knows YOU need something for the back end hard to steal anything when every GM knows your needs (and kevin lowes in charge)

Cool Hand Goof* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 03:08 PM
NickLidstrom
Ottawa & Detroit fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
As of right now, Lehner is a backup goalie with a good pedigree. Yes, he should be good. But calling him a franchise goalie is laughable at best. He's proven little at the NHL level, aside from having upside. Not even close to the value RNH has. And you 'not wanting' RNH says more than I can about your opinion on the situation.

As of right now, RNH would be a second line centre on most NHL teams, just like Lehner is currently a backup. Its called potential. Yes, he will become a good, probably a great centre. Yes, he has more value then Lehner. I never disputed that. But that doesn't mean Lehner isn't good. Saying that Lehner's potential of becoming a franchise goalie is laughable is just plain ignorant considering as recent as last year he was considered the best goalie prospect in the world (don't believe me? look it up.) He is still considered one of the top young goaltenders. Potential is the key word here, they POTENTIALLY will both be great players. And although i do not like RNH, i think he is a very good player. I have seen him play many times. I just dont like him.

However, IMO I think a good trade for him would be(feel free to dispute this):

OTT: Zibinajed+Ceci+draft pick(2nd or 3rd)
EDM: RNH

NickLidstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 03:09 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Ask: "I like your teams player, what would it take to acquire him?"

Get replied with: "YOU'RE A HORRIBLE PERSON"

Calm down people
Yeah, that's what happened.

Ask: "I like one of your team's best players. I'd like to acquire him for my team's prospect and small plus or if you prefer my team's aging star. Deal?"

Answer: "That makes no sense, add to make it worthwhile for the other team."

Response: "No I don't want to add much, my prospect (drafted the same year as your player) has performed consistently with your team's best player even though he has 30 some career points. I will not add Patrick Roy to the proposal."

Second Ottawa Fan: "Okay, add a third pairing defenseman to Ryan Kesler and we've got a deal right?"

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 03:10 PM
NickLidstrom
Ottawa & Detroit fan

Quote:
Same with RNH. He hasn't proven to be a franchise centreman. It's all potential.
exactly

Old
12-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan40 View Post
exactly
RNH has proven far more than Zibanejad or Lehner have.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 03:14 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
Start with Karlsson and add.
What?

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 03:16 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
As of right now, RNH would be a second line centre on most NHL teams, just like Lehner is currently a backup. Its called potential. Yes, he will become a good, probably a great centre. Yes, he has more value then Lehner. I never disputed that. But that doesn't mean Lehner isn't good. Saying that Lehner's potential of becoming a franchise goalie is laughable is just plain ignorant considering as recent as last year he was considered the best goalie prospect in the world (don't believe me? look it up.) He is still considered one of the top young goaltenders. Potential is the key word here, they POTENTIALLY will both be great players. And although i do not like RNH, i think he is a very good player. I have seen him play many times. I just dont like him.

You must have misread, I never said it was laughable to consider Lehner a future franchise goalie. Mandy has said numerous times that he IS a franchise goalie, not COULD BE one. But he's not even a starter yet, so you can't go around saying that he has anywhere near the value of a top line center.

It's obvious that you're still vastly underrating RNH. You don't get a used jersey for that package.

ManofSteel55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Mika Zibanejad
Free the Oppressed

how did i already know who the thread starter was when i saw the title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
Start with Karlsson and add.
LOL

Mika Zibanejad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
I disagree with the reasons you gave for each team wanting to make this trade
I can say, with total sincerity, that you are one of favorite posters of all time.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by King goof View Post
is it just me or does every edmonton fan value every top pick as the next gretzky?

any time there names are mentioned it turns into your whole roster for our one hotshot up and coming rookie who hasnt really proved much at all

i understand just giving a guy who was touted as the best of his draft class away for next to nothing is not happening

oiler fans , you might have to lose in a trade , everyone knows YOU need something for the back end hard to steal anything when every GM knows your needs (and kevin lowes in charge)
Its just you. Are you sore because the Oilers fans shot down the Hall+Yak for Edler+pick in the other thread? We have untouchables just like most other teams and RNH is one of them considering what he brings to the team. If you cant understand it watch the Oilers play.

Quote:

If the Oilers wanted to go back 3 yrs in the rebuild they would consider this.. MacT would have to be brainless to accept this deal ..
24pts in 31GP is more than a 2nd line C.. This after coming back from a shoulder surgery. If the Oilers trade him away.. they will have Gagner and ARcobello is top 2 Cs.. 0 chance RNH gets traded.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
T-Funk

Quote:

Top picks have top value. If your team wants to screw us over getting one of our young guys, I would focus on Eberle. RNH/Hall are not going to be moved unless its a win on the oilers end. Yakupov will not be moved this year until we have more time to figure out what kind of player he wants to be.

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 03:17 PM
NickLidstrom
Ottawa & Detroit fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
Are you on glue? Lehner is a backup goalie with upside. He might become a franchise goalie, but he sure isn't one. RNH is at least a #1 center. How about Darnell Nurse and Justin Schultz for Karlsson?
You keep saying hes a backup. Hes 22. 22! How many 22 year olds are starting in the NHL? None. Hes only 22 yet has done all but stolen the starting job from Anderson. Look at his stats. they are great, at NHL, AHL, and every other league he has ever been in.

Old
12-13-2013, 03:18 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
overkill imo. Lehner is a franchise goalie.

Zibanejad + ???
Zbad and Lehner is likely one of very few enticing offers for Edmonton. You have to make them actually want the deal, which will be tough, since RNH is off the table. Calling Lehner a franchise goalie at this point is crazier than calling RNH a franchise centre.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 03:18 PM
The Nuge
Some Say...

Quote:

You can't be serious. Intentionally "losing" a trade involving Hall or Nuge is beyond idiotic regardless of what our needs are

12-13-2013, 03:19 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:

Really? Is this the response you are going with? Because our guys who "haven't proven much" have finished top ten in scoring (Hall), are sitting around .8 ppg over their careers (RNH, Eberle), or led our team in goals and rookies in points (Yakupov). What players that the OP offered up has done anything remotely similar to any of these?

Old
12-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Kulleroinen*
Oilers!

Quote:
Zibanejad hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential yet and is extremely raw. He could end up a ppg centre.
Then why do you need RNH? Keep your Pää... Zibanejad and be happy with his ppg production.

Kulleroinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 03:21 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
You keep saying hes a backup. Hes 22. 22! How many 22 year olds are starting in the NHL? None. Hes only 22 yet has done all but stolen the starting job from Anderson. Look at his stats. they are great, at NHL, AHL, and every other league he has ever been in.
You're making my point for me. Lehner is unproven at the NHL for the most part. With RNH, we know that he brings to the table as a number one center. With Lehner, you know he can dominate in lesser leagues and play part time in the NHL.

Old
12-13-2013, 03:21 PM
NickLidstrom
Ottawa & Detroit fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Its just you. Are you sore because the Oilers fans shot down the Hall+Yak for Edler+pick in the other thread? We have untouchables just like most other teams and RNH is one of them considering what he brings to the team. If you cant understand it watch the Oilers play.

If the Oilers wanted to go back 3 yrs in the rebuild they would consider this.. MacT would have to be brainless to accept this deal ..
24pts in 31GP is more than a 2nd line C.. This after coming back from a shoulder surgery. If the Oilers trade him away.. they will have Gagner and ARcobello is top 2 Cs.. 0 chance RNH gets traded.
Alright, bad trade, i apologize. Just seeing what the reaction would be. However, Ceci does look to be a good top 4.

Old
12-13-2013, 03:25 PM
FightingIrish17

From a neutral standpoint here, I would think if the Oilers were to trade their #1C and arguably most valued player, it would have to be for their biggest need which is #1D. That being said I don't think RNH is worth Karlsson however to pull him from Edomonton, Karlsson would have to be coming back.

FightingIrish17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Flyerss

if you can get these guys Bernier,Bishop,Bobrovsky.......... for a very good price

why in hell would you trade someone like RNH in a deal which the young goalie is the main return

Flyerss is online now   Reply With Quote