HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings sign Flinn

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Kings sign Flinn

From Lakings.com:

Quote:
The Los Angeles Kings have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with left wing Ryan Flinn, Kings Senior Vice President/General Manager Dave Taylor announced today. As per team policy, terms of the agreement were not announced.
Where are all the offers to our Restricted free agents? There is only 2 days left to tender offers.

Old
07-29-2005, 07:52 PM
McSorley 33

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. Let me see big 49

Old
07-30-2005, 01:28 AM
swinginutter*

To bad AM won't play him. I seen Flinn skating figure 8's with a tu-tu on, trying to get on AM's good side. Another fourth line casualty.

This might be the year, where we actually get the ***** beaten out of us by our cross town rivals (fights that is).

That's been our only signing..............so much for all the TL talk.......what a sham. Frolov, Cammy......anyone?

Old
07-30-2005, 02:52 AM
McSorley 33

Flinn can handle the Fridge

Old
07-30-2005, 07:14 AM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
That's been our only signing..............so much for all the TL talk.......what a sham. Frolov, Cammy......anyone?
I think everyone needs to just take a breath. It's not even August yet. There was A line in some Russian report about Frolov, and we all go nuts. "Oh no! He's staying in Russia! The Kings are cheap! He's in a Russian training camp in July! The world is ending! How can the Kings let this happen????? Why even draft Frolov in 2000 if you were going to let him stay in Russia after the lockout!!!!"

Is everyone supposed to be signed already? So much for the TL talk? He talked about signing 3 or 4 unrestricted free agents. Talk about instant gratification. If the RFA's are signed today or in 3 weeks, what's the difference? Training camp starts in 6 weeks, and the actual season starts in about 9 or 10. I think they have time.

Old
07-30-2005, 08:22 AM
Kick

Seeing he was injured for virtually the entire season, he played in just 14 games, Iím surprised by this signing. I think George Parros would be a far better choice to fill the enforcer role. In my opinion, Flinn is a liability on the ice. He canít skate well, he canít shoot well and he doesnít handle the puck well. Losing the red line this year is going to mean a faster game and I just donít think Flinn will be able to keep up. Parros on the other hand skates far better, handles the puck very well for his size and knows how to find the back of the net having scored 14 goals last season. Parros had not problem taking on anyone in the AHL last year and for the most part, handled himself very well.

Old
07-30-2005, 09:32 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824

Is everyone supposed to be signed already? So much for the TL talk? He talked about signing 3 or 4 unrestricted free agents. Talk about instant gratification. If the RFA's are signed today or in 3 weeks, what's the difference? Training camp starts in 6 weeks, and the actual season starts in about 9 or 10. I think they have time.
RFA's have to be given qualifying offers by no later than tomorrow or they are UFA's. If that happens they are probably gone.

Old
07-30-2005, 09:41 AM
jt

Are you chicken littles really honestly concerned that the Kings aren't going to qualify the RFA's: Frolov, Cammy, Belanger, Pirnes, Clarke, Corvo, Lehoux, Muir, Parros, Rullier, Hauser & Schmidt?

Ya ever think that maybe they're holding off on the QO's to NEGOTIATE with them? Maybe if Frolov gets a QO of $817k he'll be a little irked so instead they're trying to negotiate a longer contract. And maybe they're trying to trade Belanger or Pirnes today...so why lock him in at his QO when his new team may want to sign him for whatever...? Or maybe they just want to get thru the draft and the "exclusive negotiating period" with Straka and Quintal...and THEN focus on the RFA's.

There's still plenty of time to announce the QO's.

Last edited by jt: 07-30-2005 at 09:51 AM.
Old
07-30-2005, 10:01 AM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
RFA's have to be given qualifying offers by no later than tomorrow or they are UFA's. If that happens they are probably gone.
Alright, so what? Are you scared that the Kings won't give qualifying offers to the important RFA's? When have they ever done that? They may not have spent $1,000,000,000 on UFA's in years gone by, but when have they ever let a RFA get away that was even half way decent?

In a normal off-season, when do RFA get their offers? June 30th. The day before free agency starts.

Even if Frolov were to stay in Russia(the ultimate nightmare, I know), the Kings will qualify him. Cammalleri will be qualified. Lehoux will be qualified.

If people are that worried about it, find something to kill time until the deadline. Read a book. Plant a flower. Something.

Old
07-30-2005, 10:03 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
I think everyone needs to just take a breath. It's not even August yet. There was A line in some Russian report about Frolov, and we all go nuts. "Oh no! He's staying in Russia! The Kings are cheap! He's in a Russian training camp in July! The world is ending! How can the Kings let this happen????? Why even draft Frolov in 2000 if you were going to let him stay in Russia after the lockout!!!!"

Well I guess only a few of us got the memo that RFA signings need to be sorted by this week. Am I scared or losing sleep? Not really! But the Kings always leaving it until the 11th hour gets a bit tiring.

I'm not looking for UFA's and instant gratification. UFA signings don't start until next week.

Here is a calendar just in case you didn't know.

http://www2.nhl.com/news/2005/07/230870.html

Old
07-30-2005, 10:38 AM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Well I guess only a few of us got the memo that RFA signings need to be sorted by this week. Am I scared or losing sleep? Not really! But the Kings always leaving it until the 11th hour gets a bit tiring.
I'm well aware that RFA need to be qualified by Sunday.

Leaving what to the 11th hour? So a few teams have made their offers official. Again, every other year that RFA has existed, teams go until June 30th before they announce who they qualified. Always. That's why nobody ever knows until that day who will be a total free agent the next day.

If the Kings had announced their qualifying offers on Tuesday, how would that be different? They would still have to sign them. They still have to sign them today even without the qualifying offers. None of the RFA's can go anywhere yet. If they sign them today, or qualify them tomorrow, what's the difference? It's just one spin around the Earth's axis. If we get to Sunday night, and nobody gets qualified, then it would be different

Quote:
gets a bit tiring.
Then take a nap.

Old
07-30-2005, 08:39 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
I'm well aware that RFA need to be qualified by Sunday.

Leaving what to the 11th hour? So a few teams have made their offers official. Again, every other year that RFA has existed, teams go until June 30th before they announce who they qualified. Always. That's why nobody ever knows until that day who will be a total free agent the next day.

If the Kings had announced their qualifying offers on Tuesday, how would that be different? They would still have to sign them. They still have to sign them today even without the qualifying offers. None of the RFA's can go anywhere yet. If they sign them today, or qualify them tomorrow, what's the difference? It's just one spin around the Earth's axis. If we get to Sunday night, and nobody gets qualified, then it would be different

Then take a nap.
I woke up chief. Thanks for letting me take a nap.

A few teams? I guess your right.

You might want to check your earlier post. First you say if's it three weeks from now, what's the difference. Now if it gets to sunday it's different. Anyways stay cool.

I'm just anxious. That's all. I suppose that we'll have to wait until sunday night.

Old
07-30-2005, 10:03 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter

I'm just anxious. That's all. I suppose that we'll have to wait until sunday night.
If the deadline is anything like the buyout or draftpick deadline then it will be at 2:00 p.m. PST. It might go until 9:00 p.m. PST though. I am not sure.

Old
07-31-2005, 12:25 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
If the deadline is anything like the buyout or draftpick deadline then it will be at 2:00 p.m. PST. It might go until 9:00 p.m. PST though. I am not sure.
I think 2:00 pm PST is correct. We have about 3 1/2 hours to do somthing with our RFA's? WTF is going on? Hopefully DT and company can sort it out real soon.

Old
07-31-2005, 12:53 PM
Kick

Quote:
I think 2:00 pm PST is correct. We have about 3 1/2 hours to do somthing with our RFA's? WTF is going on? Hopefully DT and company can sort it out real soon.
Theyíre probably still all hung over from celebrating yesterdays draft. Who knows what might happen!!

Old
07-31-2005, 02:24 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Well if that's the case the clock is ticking....

Old
07-31-2005, 02:57 PM
guzmania

I believe this was extended to 12PM pac Monday, from 12AM Sunday. I will try to find the link.

here's one that confirms Monday at noon Eastern daylight time.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.jsp?content=h073104A

Last edited by guzmania: 07-31-2005 at 03:03 PM.
Old
07-31-2005, 03:01 PM
King Blazer

TSN is still reporting the deadline at 5 p.m. EDT....

Before 5 p.m. EDT on Sunday, teams must tender qualifying offers to players under the age of 31 who had 2004-05 contracts in order to retain their compensation rights.* If a player in that category is not offered a qualifying offer by Sunday's deadline, he will become an unrestricted free agent on Monday.

likn: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=132068

The Kings always seem to keep these things close to the vest and put out the release after the deadline...

Old
07-31-2005, 03:07 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmaniac
I believe this was extended to 12PM pac Monday, from 12AM Sunday. I will try to find the link.

here's one that confirms Monday at noon Eastern daylight time.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.jsp?content=h073104A
That is when free agency starts. Not when the deadline to qualify ends.

Old
07-31-2005, 03:14 PM
guzmania

quote from sports net .ca:

"More than 200 unrestricted free agents should be available by the time a number of restricted free agents don't receive qualifying offers to retain their rights before Monday's noon ET deadline."

As I read that RFA's need QO's by noon et Monday

Old
07-31-2005, 03:15 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
quote from sports net .ca:

"More than 200 unrestricted free agents should be available by the time a number of restricted free agents don't receive qualifying offers to retain their rights before Monday's noon ET deadline."

As I read that RFA's need QO's by noon et Monday
I think they just worded it badly.

http://www.nhl.com/news/2005/07/231310.html

Quote:
12:36 PM EDT, 07/30/2005
NHL Calendar

July 31 - Deadline for qualifying offers.

Aug. 1 - Restricted and unrestricted free agency period begins.

Aug. 10 - Player-elected salary arbitration notification.

Last edited by Captain Ron: 07-31-2005 at 03:23 PM.
Old
07-31-2005, 03:37 PM
guzmania

http://www.nhl.com/news/2005/07/231470.html

QUOTE: When the collective bargaining agreement was ratified last week, the deadline to make qualifying offers was set for Sunday at 5 p.m. EDT. That deadline was pushed back until Monday at noon, the time that free agents can begin to sign

Not trying to argue, but there seems to be disagreement even within this site.

Old
07-31-2005, 03:47 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
http://www.nhl.com/news/2005/07/231470.html

QUOTE: When the collective bargaining agreement was ratified last week, the deadline to make qualifying offers was set for Sunday at 5 p.m. EDT. That deadline was pushed back until Monday at noon, the time that free agents can begin to sign

Not trying to argue, but there seems to be disagreement even within this site.

Well apparantly nobody knows when the deadline is. As long as the Kings give their players QO's in time then I'll be happy. Even if the deadline is tomorrow that is no excuse for the Kings not to get it done.

Old
07-31-2005, 04:50 PM
King Blazer

latest from tsn:

NHL teams have until noon EDT Monday to tender offers to players who had 2004-05 contracts, and are under age 31, in order to retain rights to match offers made by other teams. It also allows teams compensation in draft picks should their restricted free agents sign elsewhere.

link: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=132068

Looks like tsn has changed their storyline and now reporting Monday noon EDT deadline....

Old
07-31-2005, 06:12 PM
swinginutter*

I guess since it's been changed, the Kings will wait until 8:59 am tomorrow to announce their RFA signings.

Some say that the Kings usually don't announce until later. But I truly don't see what the big deal is on announcing it straight away. 90% of the league has sorted out their RFA's, buy-outs, and 2003 draft picks. This isn't the CIA, it's hockey. What's the difference with announcing the signing of Ryan Flinn as opposed to an Esa Pirnes.

I'm stumped on these guys! I seriously want to start talking about UFA's, but we haven't even signed our own yet?

Weird thing is that TL or DT announced we had twenty players at twenty million. Most of the info we've received is 12 - 13 players at 15/16 million?

Closed Thread