HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lachapelle: Pouliot or trade

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

vCash: 500
Lachapelle: Pouliot or trade

Just finished listening to Marc Lachapelle on CKAC and he talked about some of the prospects and the Habs situation.

The Habs have their eyes on Pouliot and if the Habs are not able to draft him, they will trade down but no further then the 10th spot.

He is saying that Carolina might go for Staal but that Pouliot will not go by the Wild. So it means, that the Habs will try really hard to trade with Carolina to have the 3rd pick and draft Pouliot.

Cheers.

Old
07-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Marchy79

Really... I was kinda hoping Pouliot was third on our page (Behind Jack Johnson, and Gilbert Brule)... I guess all will be known in 16 hours

Old
07-29-2005, 07:08 PM
TroyM

Ahh this is too much speculation I just can't wait for it to happen tomorrow!

I've been hearing how much they want Johnson, now I'm hearing they love Pouliot and want him, I don't remember where I heard that they want Ryan really badly and all over this board it's Brule Brule Brule!

All I know is I'll be really pleased with any of Johnson, Brule, Staal, and Skille and certainly not disappointed with Ryan or Kopitar or Pouliot... 16 more hours... I'm going crazy!

Old
07-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Marchy79

Agreed honestly, I'd be EXTREMELY happy to have any one of them... I work night shift tonight, I know what I'll be thinking about though (12 hours...11 hours..)

Old
07-29-2005, 07:27 PM
Portishead

Timmins said...

I'm sure I read an interview somewhere from Timmins qualifying Jack Johnson as a "Warrior".
It is only an opinion I'm sharing, but I really think they'll try that hard and move down to land him.
I have a feeling that we make good trade partners with the 'Canes as I do see them wanting Staal.
It might be obvious to think they'd want him just because they already have Eric, but I still think so.

I just heard soft-speaking Pouliot on RIS, and I'd like him if we can't get our hands on Johnson.
I also like the fact that Bobby Ryan's really motivated to work on his skating. He seems determined.

In order, I'd like Johnson (if the price to move down is not to steep) Pouliot. Ryan & Kopitar would be on par.

I really wouldn't mind getting the tall Euro, since I believe our prospects list combines skills, grits & leadership.

Old
07-29-2005, 07:32 PM
Traitor8

just putting it out there but...

Bob McKenzie on sportcentre said today that rumors are flying around and "for example, the Montreal Canadians trying to move up to 2nd overall and get Johnson who they fell can fit in with their team"

take it for what it's worth but I think it's no secret that Habs want Johnson more then anybody (except Crosby) at this point.

Pouliot makes sense, we all know how Savard loves guys who do very well right before they are drafted or "late bloomers"

Old
07-29-2005, 07:50 PM
C-Saku Koivu MTL

Here is what I think the habs hope and will try to do. You can take that has my prediction if you want.

Johnson/Pouliot, I would bet they are on par in the habs mind. I would suppose the Habs would select Johnson because of our biggest need on D compare to wing with Higgins, Pere, Kost, also possibly Plek and don't forget Ryder. A nice top-4 on wing and nothing to show for on D.

The habs will try really hard to get the 2nd, if they can't, they will turn at 3rd and take the one left. If still failed, the habs will either select the BPA(hoping for Ryan, really getting high on him resently) or trade down if solid offer is on. I wouldn't expect them to go out of top ten and try for Staal or Bourret with possibly Skille if still on board. Then again, Gainey loves to hide himself and show his poker face so we'll see..........

Old
07-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Hab at it

Of the players in the top 5 Pouliot is the last one I want. In order of preference for me is:

1) Crosby(obviously)
2) Johnson
3) Brule
4) Ryan
5) Kopitar
6) Pouliot

I wouldn't even consider anyone but these guys in the 5th spot.

Old
07-29-2005, 07:58 PM
habslife

If we trade down between the 8th and 10th pick and go for a D, why should it be Staal and not Bourdon?

Is Staal really a better pick than Bourdon?

Old
07-29-2005, 08:10 PM
C-Saku Koivu MTL

I see bourdon has a 10-15 pick and Staal a top-10 pick. Their isn't much difference but I think Staal is a safer bet to make it with just has much potential.

Old
07-29-2005, 09:49 PM
wedge

I would prefer Bourdon than Staal

don'T know why, but all the reports I've read about them seem to show that Bourdon is better than Staal, even if they rank him after.

anyway.. not interested in Pouliot, but still better than Staal or Bourdon.

Old
07-29-2005, 10:03 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
Just finished listening to Marc Lachapelle on CKAC and he talked about some of the prospects and the Habs situation.

The Habs have their eyes on Pouliot and if the Habs are not able to draft him, they will trade down but no further then the 10th spot.

He is saying that Carolina might go for Staal but that Pouliot will not go by the Wild. So it means, that the Habs will try really hard to trade with Carolina to have the 3rd pick and draft Pouliot.

Cheers.
Carolina not willing to trade their pick.

source rds

We will probably trade down since I think Johnson and Pouliot are the ones Gainey wants. Wild will pick Pouliot at worst.

Old
07-29-2005, 10:22 PM
deandebean

Saw Pouliot on RDS, with my friend Leroux. He reminds A LOT of Luc Robitaille, personality-wise: smiled all the time and made a joke on TV, just like Luc did when he was a junior in Hull. Same laid back attitude. Very ą l'aise.

Would fit perfectly in California.

Closed Thread