HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isles-Flyers Gamethread & Preview: Game Webcasted (NYI.com)

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2003, 06:09 PM
blitzkriegs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Liodice
Anytime Blitz. Glad to help out with the updates. As long as I'm available I plan on trying to do these all season. The Isles have been very undisciplined all preseason and have given up many powerplays. Hopefully they can control this when the regular season starts up. I'm glad I can help out in any way...

-TL
cool deal....i'll be attending most games, but this was a treat. i did the same for the Pit game @ wheeling...

Old
09-30-2003, 06:10 PM
blitzkriegs

back to the game - what about the too many men penalty? what was the deal with that? who was the culprit? what did the radio guys say?

this is our 3rd of the preseason already. this was a rampant problem with lavy last year, so i'm concerned this is going to carry over again...

Old
09-30-2003, 06:10 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIsles1
Only thing I really do not like is DiPietro seems to be overhandling the puck according to the broacast.

1-1

I was at the game and DiPietro's puckhandling was brutal. Gave it away 5 or 6 times, very lucky that Flyers didn't turn one or two into goals.

Old
09-30-2003, 06:33 PM
Tom Liodice

Send a message via AIM to Tom Liodice
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
back to the game - what about the too many men penalty? what was the deal with that? who was the culprit? what did the radio guys say?

this is our 3rd of the preseason already. this was a rampant problem with lavy last year, so i'm concerned this is going to carry over again...
I'm not sure about this. Weideman and King sounded confused as well. All we know is that there apparently were too many men on the ice. This is another problem with Isles discipline, they gotta try and control it. Simple things like changing lines have got to be cleaned up before the season starts up.

-TL

Old
10-01-2003, 04:07 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Liodice
I'm not sure about this. Weideman and King sounded confused as well. All we know is that there apparently were too many men on the ice. This is another problem with Isles discipline, they gotta try and control it. Simple things like changing lines have got to be cleaned up before the season starts up.

-TL

The Isles were on a PP. They had 6 men on the ice for at least 15 seconds, maybe more. Finally an Isles player realized it and took off for the bench. That is when the refs finally realized it.

Old
10-01-2003, 05:49 AM
NYIsles1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
TL/NYIsles1 -

thanks for the updates...it was nice to read everything as it happened during the game. Eventhough i am reading this at 10:30 EST.

NYIsles1 - i like the emphasis on DiPietro. He 'sounds' like he is playing well. Again, it's not full NHL squads out there, but the Sterling system (like i said over the summer) is benefitting this team overall and the players are making a smooth transition thus far.

as far as chow, he really hasn't done much thus far. However, the media seems to be catering to the BST kids and their role during training camp. the media has shied away from storylines involving yash, peca, weimer, jonsson, niinimma, etc...yes, there have been stories about them, but they have been minimal compared to those on Paps, Bergs, Gervy, goaltending, etc...

chow on waivers? interesting....he has a reasonable salary that may make someone bite on him...
It was fun listening in and catching the last two peirods of the webcast. When the games go on televsion I usually watch there. As for Czerkawski we'll see but are they going to release him based on a handful of preseason games? He can lead the preseason in scoring or play invisible. Bottom line is only Stirling knows after three exhibition games if he is doing enough to keep his spot.

Seemed like in the second peirod the announcers did not like how DiPietro was handling the puck, but he was making a lot of saves, tough to tell on a webcast which were tough or not but the announcers felt DiPietro deserved first star. I think the player they called for the too many men was Hunter, not sure if he served it or someone else did?

As for the media, there is basically Hahn and the a.p covering most of these games so were only getting one viewpoint. Wish the News, Post and Times did some games, especially in a division city like Philadelphia.

Closed Thread