HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ugly Suggestion

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2005, 08:49 PM
orcatown

vCash: 500
Ugly Suggestion

Just heard Kypreos saying the Canucks might give up Kesler and, I guess, their first to get a chance to draft Brule. Nonis makes that deal and his career here will be short -- very short.

Old
07-29-2005, 09:08 PM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

I heard that Burke asked for Kesler and the pick, and Nonis said no dice. I did not hear anything about them considering it.

Old
07-29-2005, 09:10 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi21
I heard that Burke asked for Kesler and the pick, and Nonis said no dice. I did not hear anything about them considering it.
If it was just Kesler, I would definately consider it. If not, I would still think about it a bit. Kesler is a bit overrated.

Old
07-29-2005, 09:12 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Kesler and the 10th for someone like Johnson or Pouliot?

Id give it consideration for sure.

Old
07-29-2005, 10:03 PM
Southern_Canuck

Kesler has shown more than any of the possible draft prospects - why give up a "known" good prospect (key contributor on minor-pro team, invited to Olympic camp) for an unknown quantity at 2nd? And worse, why give up Kesler AND a possibly good prospect at 10th for an unknown quantity at 2nd?

I hope this doesn't happen...

S_C

Old
07-29-2005, 10:38 PM
Dr. Nucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern_Canuck
Kesler has shown more than any of the possible draft prospects - why give up a "known" good prospect (key contributor on minor-pro team, invited to Olympic camp) for an unknown quantity at 2nd? And worse, why give up Kesler AND a possibly good prospect at 10th for an unknown quantity at 2nd?

I hope this doesn't happen...

S_C

I agree. Take Pouliot for instance. He's had one season of junior. One. I'm not predicting that he's a bum. He's probably going to be dandy, but equally he could be a flash in the pan, or a Daigle.

Kesler has what? Captained America's world Juniors to a gold medal, been the go-to guy on his pro team, and has proven that he's just a few pounds of muscle away from skating on a second line in the Bigs. (In fact, he probably skates better than 75% of this year's first rounders.)

Why take a chance? No wonder Burke would do that deal.

Old
07-29-2005, 11:12 PM
Peter Griffin

Although it would be nice to have a prospect such as Johnson or Brule, I'd rather keep Kesler and draft someone such as Skille, O'Marra, Bourdon or the like. The Canucks need solid prospects in all areas moreso than a "franchise" prospect.

Old
07-29-2005, 11:13 PM
trbr86

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Nucksfan
I agree. Take Pouliot for instance. He's had one season of junior. One. I'm not predicting that he's a bum. He's probably going to be dandy, but equally he could be a flash in the pan, or a Daigle.

Kesler has what? Captained America's world Juniors to a gold medal, been the go-to guy on his pro team, and has proven that he's just a few pounds of muscle away from skating on a second line in the Bigs. (In fact, he probably skates better than 75% of this year's first rounders.)

Why take a chance? No wonder Burke would do that deal.
Then again, why keep a sure third line center, when you have the chance at maybe hitting a home run and landing a star winger?

I would, given the right deal.

Old
07-30-2005, 12:59 AM
quat
winsome, loathsome

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickShift
Then again, why keep a sure third line center, when you have the chance at maybe hitting a home run and landing a star winger?

I would, given the right deal.
Because, realistically you still have that chance drafting at #10... not as high a chance, but not that different either.

Old
07-30-2005, 02:39 AM
QuickDynamite

Burke would want the #10 pick as well as Kesler. No dice I say.

Old
07-30-2005, 07:23 AM
struckmatch

When will people realize, moving down to #2 is just not worth it. It hurts this team too much to move down to number 2, the cons definetely outweigh the pros. It just doesn't make much sense, picks are so overhyped that the price to move down that low is too high.

Vancouver WILL NOT move down to the #2 spot. If I were Nonis, I'd look into moving to Chicago's spot, maybe a deal centered around Jarkko Ruutu, and something else. Sicne Chicago would want Ruutu, to keep Tuomo happy, and also because Ruutu can be replaced by a guy like Bouck anyways. Now there is a reasonable price to pay for a pick, instead of trading away Allen, Jovo, Ohlund, or Kesler.

Seriously, some rumors just are plain stupid.

Closed Thread