HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toughness??? Besides Gilles or Grenier??

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2005, 10:44 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Toughness??? Besides Gilles or Grenier??

Now what I wonder is what in the world is NYR going to do for toughness, right now they dont have the size and toughness to go against the bigger stronger teams that will undoubtabley push NYR young guys around.

Besides players such as Murray , Holweg and possibly Sturdwick and Gilles ( who should with out a doubt have a spot as a reg on the 4th line ) who will provide toughness , but are not legit heavy wieghts,what will NYR do in this case.

I think NYR needs to go out and acquire a big strong hitting/fighting tough foward and defensman cause if not NYR rookies are going to be getting pushed around night in and night out by bigger stronger veteran teams and with no question that will knock there confidence and make them quit nervous to pursue the puck , thats a fact.

Chris Simon and Barnaby would have been great to still have on NYR then I would feel more at ease about the level of toughness this team ( NYR ) would have.

Chris Simon, Matt Barnaby, Garth Murray, Ryan Hollweg, Jason Sturdwick ( who I would assume would be put on a defensive pairing ) would be nice to have to provide protection.

With Fedoruk and Hordichuk 2 tough guys being moved from there former teams of Philly and Fla obviousley teams see they need toughness and legit heavy wieghts.

So I odnt expect Purrnton to be on the squad, so who is out there Domi a F.A possibly sign with Tor or Pitts, G.Burnett, D.Langdon of MTL, Shane Hnidy of Nashville , Chris Neil of Ottawa ( would be a great fit ), Im sure there are plenty more just cant think of them now.

Either way what shall NYR do about this situation of having no heavy wights, they do have Grenier and Gilles but will they be brought up I think Gilles should have a spot on a regular basis on the 4th line.

Old
07-30-2005, 02:32 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Aim 4588
Now what I wonder is what in the world is NYR going to do for toughness, right now they dont have the size and toughness to go against the bigger stronger teams that will undoubtabley push NYR young guys around.

Besides players such as Murray , Holweg and possibly Sturdwick and Gilles ( who should with out a doubt have a spot as a reg on the 4th line ) who will provide toughness , but are not legit heavy wieghts,what will NYR do in this case.

I think NYR needs to go out and acquire a big strong hitting/fighting tough foward and defensman cause if not NYR rookies are going to be getting pushed around night in and night out by bigger stronger veteran teams and with no question that will knock there confidence and make them quit nervous to pursue the puck , thats a fact.

Chris Simon and Barnaby would have been great to still have on NYR then I would feel more at ease about the level of toughness this team ( NYR ) would have.

Chris Simon, Matt Barnaby, Garth Murray, Ryan Hollweg, Jason Sturdwick ( who I would assume would be put on a defensive pairing ) would be nice to have to provide protection.

With Fedoruk and Hordichuk 2 tough guys being moved from there former teams of Philly and Fla obviousley teams see they need toughness and legit heavy wieghts.

So I odnt expect Purrnton to be on the squad, so who is out there Domi a F.A possibly sign with Tor or Pitts, G.Burnett, D.Langdon of MTL, Shane Hnidy of Nashville , Chris Neil of Ottawa ( would be a great fit ), Im sure there are plenty more just cant think of them now.

Either way what shall NYR do about this situation of having no heavy wights, they do have Grenier and Gilles but will they be brought up I think Gilles should have a spot on a regular basis on the 4th line.
Someone like Domi can play. So I wouldn't mind that. If you can find that kind of player. Otherwise I would look at Gillies as an option.

Old
07-30-2005, 03:24 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
Someone like Domi can play. So I wouldn't mind that. If you can find that kind of player. Otherwise I would look at Gillies as an option.

We got Strudwick as well. He can play RW and D.

Closed Thread