HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thrashers Players Injured in Car Crash

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2003, 08:21 AM
NYIsles1*

vCash: 500

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...orts-headlines

Atlanta Thrashers star Dany Heatley was charged Tuesday with reckless driving for veering off a road and slamming his sportscar into a wall at about 80 mph, a crash that left him with a broken jaw and teammate Dan Snyder critically injured.

Old
09-30-2003, 08:39 AM
4CUPZ

vCash:
Wonder If Heatley Realizes That If His Passenger Dies He Just Pissed Away His Career? Every Sport Should Really Make All These Rookies Work With Us Average Joe's Before Their First Season Starts So They Realize... First- What Its Like To Have To Work For A Living... Second - Realize That You Are Accountable For Your Actions No Matter How Muck Of A Star You Are... And Being Accountable Doesnt Mean Doing Public Service At A Local Hospital Signing Autographs (sorry Joe Thornton)... Finally Take That Special Gift You Have And Guard It With The Last Breath In Your Body... Before You Do Something Think About The Worst Case Scenario And Then Decide Is It Worth It.... Shame On You Danny (i Like To Drive Fast) Heatley.... I'm Glad We Picked Dp Ahead Of Him!!!!!!!

Old
09-30-2003, 09:30 AM
blitzkriegs

wonder if you are jumping to conclusions?

no article or information has been released about how or what caused the accident? Yes, speed is the sole POTENTIAL element that could be attributable to the accident at THIS point, but nothing else...

Old
09-30-2003, 09:44 AM
4CUPZ

vCash:
WHAT CONCLUSIONS DID I JUMP TO-
1- HE WAS SPEEDING (AND HAS A HISTORY OF IT)
2- HE HIT A WALL
3- Heatley has received five seperate charges resulting from the accident, the most serious of which is 'serious injury by a vehicle' - a felony. If convicted of this, Heatley faces between one and 15 years in prison. He also received four misdemeanor charges: wreckless driving, driving too fast for conditions, driving on the wrong side of the road and striking a fixed object.
--- THE ONLY THING ON HIS SIDE IS THAT HE'S AN ATHLETE AND IF FOUND GUILTY HE'LL GET A SLAP ON THE WRIST (JUST LIKE IF IT WAS ONE OF US)

Old
09-30-2003, 09:50 AM
blitzkriegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4CUPZ
WHAT CONCLUSIONS DID I JUMP TO-
1- HE WAS SPEEDING (AND HAS A HISTORY OF IT)
2- HE HIT A WALL
3- Heatley has received five seperate charges resulting from the accident, the most serious of which is 'serious injury by a vehicle' - a felony. If convicted of this, Heatley faces between one and 15 years in prison. He also received four misdemeanor charges: wreckless driving, driving too fast for conditions, driving on the wrong side of the road and striking a fixed object.
--- THE ONLY THING ON HIS SIDE IS THAT HE'S AN ATHLETE AND IF FOUND GUILTY HE'LL GET A SLAP ON THE WRIST (JUST LIKE IF IT WAS ONE OF US)
i just noticed the article about it:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=55659

a charge is a 'charge' - the government has to prove it...

this will be plead down...however, Snyder may file a civil suit that could affect his wallet...

Old
09-30-2003, 10:20 AM
7:11 of OT
Call my Monkey Butch

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
i just noticed the article about it:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=55659

a charge is a 'charge' - the government has to prove it...

this will be plead down...however, Snyder may file a civil suit that could affect his wallet...
In addition to the civil suit, do you think there is the potential for adverse reactions from the other Thrashers? Would they react negatively toward Heatley causing problems in the locker room or on the ice?

Old
09-30-2003, 10:47 AM
CREW99AW

Sounds like Snyder's in terrible shape.

Hopefully he'll be ok.
Looks like he's got a long road to recovery ahead of him.

Old
09-30-2003, 11:58 AM
Tom Liodice

Send a message via AIM to Tom Liodice
I hope and pray that everyone is ok. This is a terrible tragedy and I wish for the best for Heatley and Snyder. Assistant Coach Curt Fraser has put some comments up on Newyorkislanders.com. For his comments, here's the link:
http://www.newyorkislanders.com/news/fraser093003.html

-TL

Old
09-30-2003, 05:49 PM
blitzkriegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7:11 of OT
In addition to the civil suit, do you think there is the potential for adverse reactions from the other Thrashers? Would they react negatively toward Heatley causing problems in the locker room or on the ice?
well, heatley is gonna at least 2 scenarios:

(1) criminal suit by city of Atlanta (or whatever county/municipality)
(2) potential civil suit by Snyder and his family

as far as team reactions, you never know. from the facts we know right now, it looks like heatley was driving too fast, lost control, and the accident occurred resulting in 'x' injuries. alcohol is really a nonfactor (BAC was .02 - well below legal limit). so, it comes down to immaturity/goofing off and what the players think of it. yes, it's tragic, but it's also common in our society to do these things, but here someone lost control.

player reaction may rest on snyder's condition - whether he is physically the same person before the accident.

did heatley let the team down? maybe/maybe not, but what he did was his 'personal life' and that does affect his professional life and the teams. however, sports is different than everyday worklife.

Closed Thread