HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zuccarello Appreciation Thread Part 2

Old
02-18-2014, 07:05 AM
Zucc36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stjokke View Post
He's wearing some sort of cast.
Looks more like compression bandage or something. Just have to believe the doctor when he says there is no broken bones. But I donīt know if I believe him. I fear this is way more serious than they are admitting.

Zucc36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 07:08 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
Looks more like compression bandage or something. Just have to believe the doctor when he says there is no broken bones. But I donīt know if I believe him. I fear this is way more serious than they are admitting.
Eh, I don't see any reason to not believe the doctors. There's nothing to gain by lying about his status.

I'm worried, too, but it doesn't sound too severe.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 07:18 AM
KingStian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjokke View Post
He's wearing some sort of cast.
That doesn't look like a cast, more like just regular sports tape. I think his hand is just taped up to keep the swelling down. The same way you would tape down a sprained ankle. They said he was still hurting some, so it would make sense to tape his hand to try reliving some of the pain. I trust the Norwegian medical staff to be honest about this. If it was broken there would be nothing to gain by hiding it.

KingStian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 07:19 AM
Zucc36

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Eh, I don't see any reason to not believe the doctors. There's nothing to gain by lying about his status.

I'm worried, too, but it doesn't sound too severe.
Want to think so to of course. Maybe Zucc even would play if it was the olympic final, who knows.... I am hoping that he himself donīt want to risk anything by playing with a half injured hand in a game that they with 99% certainty will lose.

It is just that I never like the situations when there is no information and no one knows anything except that he is sitting with a bandage/cast on his hand....

Old
02-18-2014, 08:16 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Well, the good news is that it's 10 days until his next game and 15 until the trade deadline. Barring a meaningful break, which seems highly unlikely, that should be more than enough time that the injury won't cause him to miss many (if any) games or play a role in the Rangers' upcoming decisions regarding Callahan.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 11:35 AM
Clinched

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ol...icle-1.1617453

nice read.

Clinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 08:46 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Nvm, I just read someone post old tweets from when he broke his wrist after the Lepold slapper.
Yes he broke that left wrist blocking a shot for The Rangers in the last regulation game in 11/12. And that wist bothered him his hole year in Russia.
Magnitogorsk did not want him to play the WC, but have a surgery as soon the season there was over.
Luckily he went back to New York, and has looked fine, but this is concerning.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 05:47 AM
shoves
Free orangejuice?

A friend of mine on the norwegian team said he had suffered a fractured hand. Wasnt too complicated, but possible he's out until March.

Edit: Same news just got public: http://translate.google.no/translate...fl5N9Z&act=url

Last edited by shoves: 02-19-2014 at 06:09 AM.
shoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 06:15 AM
Levitate

Same article also says he might not miss any time.

That sucks, but I guess we'll see what the news is when he returns

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 06:19 AM
SnowblindNYR

Yeah it says that it's believed he'll play when the Rangers resume. It doesn't say March.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 06:23 AM
17futurecap

Got hurt on Sunday the 16th, Rangers have only one February game left, then a back to back on the first and second of March, sit him out the first game if he is still in pain, and he would basically have healed for two weeks.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 06:41 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Got hurt on Sunday the 16th, Rangers have only one February game left, then a back to back on the first and second of March, sit him out the first game if he is still in pain, and he would basically have healed for two weeks.
Wish we were playing Buffalo and not Chicago. Then again we just lost to Edmonton WITH him. Ugh, every point is important now.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 06:43 AM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Wish we were playing Buffalo and not Chicago. Then again we just lost to Edmonton WITH him. Ugh, every point is important now.
3 in 4 nights with Chicago, Philly and Boston, yikes .

Old
02-19-2014, 06:46 AM
kingzucc

injured

Breaking news Zuccarello have a broken bone in his hand. Not sure how long he will be out yet.

kingzucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 06:52 AM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
3 in 4 nights with Chicago, Philly and Boston, yikes .
The Philly game is afternoon game. The Hawks will have players coming back from Sochi. They should be in the same boat as the Rangers. Philly and Boston not so much. Chara should be flying back to the US tomorrow. Rask could be flying home tomorrow too. The first NHL charter from Sochi leaves on Thursday. Lundqvist will be playing Friday and Saturday/Sunday. Gotta figure the US wins today. Same thing with McDonagh and Callahan. Cam Talbot time. He will get maybe 2 starts out of those 3 games.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 07:03 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingzucc View Post
Breaking news Zuccarello have a broken bone in his hand. Not sure how long he will be out yet.
Source, your majesty?

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 07:08 AM
Zucc36

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Source, your majesty?
Google translate.

Norwegian doctor confirms it is a broken bone in the hand, but it is not complicated and he thinks Zucc is ready to play when NHL starts up next week.

But why believe him? He obviously lied to the press about the fractured hand the other day. I expect some weeks out for him.

This was the worst that could happen for Zucc, and might even cost him a good contract with the Rangers. And the worst part is that it now seems just so pointless when we look at how Norway came out in the olympics. Right now I wish that he wouldnt have cancelled his work with Unibet which would have kept him banned from the team.....

Last edited by Zucc36: 02-19-2014 at 07:14 AM.
Old
02-19-2014, 07:28 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Oh FFS. I really hope two weeks is right.

This better not cause Slats to do something stupid at the deadline.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 07:51 AM
shoves
Free orangejuice?

Quote:
Norwegian doctor confirms it is a broken bone in the hand, but it is not complicated and he thinks Zucc is ready to play when NHL starts up next week.

But why believe him? He obviously lied to the press about the fractured hand the other day. I expect some weeks out for him.
Why not? Why would he lie, he doesnt get anything from lying about it?

And the reason he "lied" about the fractured hand yesterday is because they hadnt checked for fractures as there was no sign of a fracture. Tho, when the swelling came (which was a sign) they immidiately checked and found it. It all stands in the article you linked and you seemingly havent even read yourself.

shoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 07:54 AM
Placid

Quote:
Google translate.

This was the worst that could happen for Zucc, and might even cost him a good contract with the Rangers. And the worst part is that it now seems just so pointless when we look at how Norway came out in the olympics. Right now I wish that he wouldnt have cancelled his work with Unibet which would have kept him banned from the team.....
They are confirming that he has a small fracture that was not initially visible. Its not broken. So lets not paint everything black just yet

oh, and my god the translations here...

Loss of Thoresen and co.: - For bad ass
Ole-Kristian Tollefsen is cursed.

etc... absolutely hilarious

Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 08:22 AM
Dagh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placid View Post
Ole-Kristian Tollefsen is cursed.
Perhaps that's why he's not in the NHL?

Dagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 08:33 AM
17futurecap

Seems Zucc is not waiting for the NHLPA flight tomorrow as all the beat writers say he is returning today for further evaluation.

Quote:
Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN 1m

#NYR Mats Zuccarello, who missed Norway's last game with a hand injury, is returning to NY today for re-assessment

Old
02-19-2014, 08:35 AM
nyrleetch

Hope it's nothing serious. He's the most important piece of our offense. We need him healthy.

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 08:44 AM
Idlerlee

vCash: 145
Quote:
Theres a very distinct difference between a broken bone and a fractured one. A fracture wont immediately show up on an X-ray since what you're seeing is not a cleanly broken bone, but the healing process thats "highlighting" if you will the area of the fractured element.

That is why they said there was no broken bone, but a later X-ray revealed a small fracture. Since Zucc is only wearing a brace he's probably only sustained a stable fracture, which is a clean tear in the bone, no shattering. Ie. a simple fracture.

Personally I think that Zucc playing anywhere before mid March is unrealistic. Optimistic at best.

I wouldnt worry about his contract though, he's shown enough to warrant a extension, a couple weeks off wont change any of that

Idlerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Vitto79

glass half full people. Sounds like he thinks and doctors think he will be fine in 9 days. Just take it easy till game NYR game time

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote