HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Forsberg and Naslund want Broadway

Closed Thread

Old
07-30-2005, 12:04 PM
phishman3579

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to phishman3579 Send a message via AIM to phishman3579 Send a message via Yahoo to phishman3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille!
So Immonen, Prucha, Dawes, Jessiman, etc. will never, ever become a top 2 line player? Now THAT'S debatable.
Maybe "never" was too strong but I really doubt that any of those players would crack the top 2 lines on a playoff team in the next 2 years. We as Ranger fans seem to think way more of our prospects than we should. The last forward prospect to come out of the organization that had a top 2 line impact was Mike York and he wasn't a highly regarded prospect. If you look at our forward rankings on hockeysfuture, none of those players are projected to be anything but 7.0 (which doesn't seem like a great player to me) except Balej and he isn't really a prospect anymore.

Old
07-30-2005, 12:07 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by phishman3579
Maybe "never" was too strong but I really doubt that any of those players would crack the top 2 lines on a playoff team in the next 2 years. We as Ranger fans seem to think way more of our prospects than we should. The last forward prospect to come out of the organization that had a top 2 line impact was Mike York and he wasn't a highly regarded prospect. If you look at our forward rankings on hockeysfuture, none of those players are projected to be anything but 7.0 (which doesn't seem like a great player to me) except Balej and he isn't really a prospect anymore.
Why would we be a playoff team in two years, anyway?

Old
07-30-2005, 12:10 PM
phishman3579

Send a message via ICQ to phishman3579 Send a message via AIM to phishman3579 Send a message via Yahoo to phishman3579
Quote:
Why would we be a playoff team in two years, anyway?
Isn't that the goal for this team, a playoff team in 2 years and a playoff contender in 5? If we are not a playoff team in the next two years than we would be doing a worse job at rebuilding than we did 3 years ago.

Old
07-30-2005, 12:13 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Isn't that the goal for this team, a playoff team in 2 years and a playoff contender in 5? If we are not a playoff team in the next two years than we would be doing a worse job at rebuilding than we did 3 years ago.
How so? I say 3-4 years before the playoffs.

Old
07-30-2005, 12:23 PM
phishman3579

Quote:
How so? I say 3-4 years before the playoffs.
We had god awful teams in the last couple years and almost made the playoff's. If either one of our goalies work out and our defensive crop lives upto 75% of there potential (along with a decent coach) I don't see why we can't field a playoff team in 2 years.

Old
07-30-2005, 12:31 PM
broadwayblue

did they officially add 2 teams to each playoff bracket? if so it's even easier to get in.

Old
07-30-2005, 12:33 PM
phishman3579

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
did they officially add 2 teams to each playoff bracket? if so it's even easier to get in.
I think that was one of the rules that was dropped from the list. I totally agree with it; keep it like it is.

Old
07-31-2005, 10:05 AM
phishman3579

The agent for Peter Forsberg reiterated yesterday that the all-world center would consider the Rangers and be pumped to play with childhood friend and fellow unrestricted free agent Markus Naslund when the free-agent market opens at noon tomorrow.

"If he's free on Monday, his mind-set will be wide open," agent Don Baizley said of Forsberg.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-284636c.html

Old
07-31-2005, 06:24 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz
Whose player's icetime would they take away?
I really don't think Balej or Lundmark are ready for 1st line IT in 82 games. But throwing them out without help could hurt their development by destroying their confidence.

Näslund - Forsberg - Balej / Lundmark
Lundmark / Rucinsky - Nylander - Jagr
...sounds good to me.

Anyway, I think they will end up with the Avs.
Naslund is a RW why put him out of position, Lundmark is a natural C but has been playing the LW... so it dont really sound good to me.

And I dont see Naslund or Forsberg doing much to help out Lund or Balej, I could picture it being something like Forsberg to Naslund , back to Forsberg, Lundmark is open in the corner but Forsberg passes it to Naslund anyway. I could be very wrong. But I want NYR signing more role type players ( EX Rucinsky, Gelinas, Brunette, Cassels etc. ) Im sick of all these stars its been 7 years of star players and nothing I dontthink anything would change this time. It would just be nice to watch the 2 of them work together but thats it. Im looking foward to youth learning and the future then watching 2 guys for the next 2 or 3 years wasting time on the rebuilding. imo

Basically you wnat to screw Lundmark ( 24 y.o ) up more then he is to accomadate for a 33 y.o and a 30 y.o, no thank you.

Old
07-31-2005, 06:28 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Aim 4588
Naslund is a RW why put him out of position, Lundmark is a natural C but has been playing the LW... so it dont really sound good to me.
Naslund hasn't played RW since his Pittsburgh days. He's been strictly a LW since going to Vancouver.

Old
07-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Phil333

Quote:
The agent for Peter Forsberg reiterated yesterday that the all-world center would consider the Rangers and be pumped to play with childhood friend and fellow unrestricted free agent Markus Naslund when the free-agent market opens at noon tomorrow.

"If he's free on Monday, his mind-set will be wide open," agent Don Baizley said of Forsberg.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-284636c.html
Man I hope this gets done. This is the kind of impact player we need to team with Jagr and can get a young core to compete.

Old
07-31-2005, 06:54 PM
otto1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil333
Man I hope this gets done. This is the kind of impact player we need to team with Jagr and can get a young core to compete.
100% agree with you, i dont know why so many people are nay sayers, we have the cap room we might as well take the risk, and if it doesnt work out we replace with our youth, and hopefully by then the experience that our rookies gained from playing with these two all stars will pay off.

Old
07-31-2005, 07:55 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

If the deal is for a year with a team option for a 2nd, absolutely. I'd be interested if it was for 2 years straight up. More, I'm not so sure.

We need exactly 2 top 6 forwards for this season, rebuilding or not. Let's see how Jessiman and Dawes develop this season in Hartford and how Immonen plays wherever he is. Once we have a better handle on the future of those three, we can make a decision on keeping Forsberg and Naslund if they agree to those option deals. I don't see them getting more than a 2 year deal anywhere anyway and I sure don't see Colorado being able to afford both of them.

Old
07-31-2005, 09:05 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto1219
100% agree with you, i dont know why so many people are nay sayers, we have the cap room we might as well take the risk, and if it doesnt work out we replace with our youth,
Oh please! These guys with Jagr and Nylander plus Foote get us in the playoffs EASY!!!!! Once we're there, ANYTHING can happen!!!!! I say, sign these guys and if we can strengthen our Cup drive by moving some youth DO IT!!!!

Sather would be a FOOL to pass up the chance at a Cup with a core like this! Sign 'em and trade every kid we have! Then we can rebuild after!

Old
07-31-2005, 10:21 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Oh please! These guys with Jagr and Nylander plus Foote get us in the playoffs EASY!!!!! Once we're there, ANYTHING can happen!!!!! I say, sign these guys and if we can strengthen our Cup drive by moving some youth DO IT!!!!

Sather would be a FOOL to pass up the chance at a Cup with a core like this! Sign 'em and trade every kid we have! Then we can rebuild after!
Gotta save this quote (out of context) to put in my signature.

Old
07-31-2005, 10:46 PM
natureboy*

Quote:

We still need a goalie and I don't think with Weekes we would be a lock for the post season.

Old
07-31-2005, 10:57 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Great players, but I really hope they don't come to NY. Time will tell.

I can see both pulling the familiar NYR disappearing act, and if they're best buddies now, that'll make for some good times when we're going down the toilet halfway into the season...again.

Old
07-31-2005, 11:18 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy
We still need a goalie and I don't think with Weekes we would be a lock for the post season.
Trade some 1st round picks for one!!!!

Old
07-31-2005, 11:21 PM
Phil333

Quote:

Ok. If you bring Naslund/Forsberg in, you sent two kids who would have been forth line NHL'ers to the AHL, where they can get serious ice time. That is all that is happening. Balej, Immonen, whatever youth plays in the NHL will still play. But they won't get 1st line ice time, which is good, because they aren't ready for that.

Old
08-01-2005, 12:04 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Ok. If you bring Naslund/Forsberg in, you sent two kids who would have been forth line NHL'ers to the AHL, where they can get serious ice time. That is all that is happening. Balej, Immonen, whatever youth plays in the NHL will still play. But they won't get 1st line ice time, which is good, because they aren't ready for that.
well if you don't bring Naslund/Forsberg in you've got to bring in two other guys...at least. i'm all for playing the young guys, but they can't possibly all be ready for the big club. considering how few guys we have under contract they've got to go out and get some more experienced fa's to round out the lineup. i'm not saying we should definitely get those 2, but we have to get a few guys.

Old
08-01-2005, 12:48 AM
Balej20*

Quote:

WOOPIEE!!!!!, lol

Old
08-01-2005, 03:49 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Ok. If you bring Naslund/Forsberg in, you sent two kids who would have been forth line NHL'ers to the AHL, where they can get serious ice time. That is all that is happening.
Why are you telling ME this???? Didn't you read what I wrote????

Sign 'em! Sign 'em AAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

Screw those kids!!! They'll NEVER be what a Forsberg or Naslund are!!! They're what you trade to GET a Forsberg or Naslund, right?

Old
08-01-2005, 05:58 PM
eco's bones

The last thing we need is a goalie. Weekes isn't bad. Or at least wasn't. In reality though our goalies are Lundquist and Montoya. We don't need some high priced UFA standing in their way. Both of these guys are legitimate starting goalies in the making. What we should do between now and their arrival on the scene is not do anything more than we have to. Looking over free agents I note these players 1)Martin Skoula--age 26 2)Ville Nieminen--
age 28 (I really like this guy) 3)Jan Hrdina--age 28 4)Jason Doig--age28. It wouldn't be bad to fill out the roster with one or more of these guys. They're still relatively young--all pretty decent---and probably not going to cost millions and millions.

Old
08-01-2005, 06:03 PM
bcrt2000

FAN 590 reported on 20/20 sports at 6:00pm that theres a lot of talk tonight of the Rangers trying to sign Naslund/Forsberg

Old
08-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Just say no to Floppa and Naslund. They just want to come here so they can have an easy lifestyle and no playoffs.

To quote an earlier poster, Rucinsky is where it's at!

Closed Thread