HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gallagher - Conacher parallel

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2013, 07:34 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

vCash: 500
Gallagher - Conacher parallel

I know Desharnais, Bouillon, or even Gionta are the biggest scapegoat here, and that I'm attacking a popular buddy, and that I'm probably going to get treated like an idiot for doing so... but I'll do it anyway.

Here, we have two similar, undersized players; Conacher, and Gallagher

I was the first one to be surprised when the Lightning traded Conacher last season for Ben Bishop. I then saw him fall of the face of the earth, along with everyone else. That being said, it maybe should not come off as a surprise. Players like this, who are fiesty and undersized, very rarely have a linear progression throughout their career.

What I'm going to say here is not going to make me any new friend on this forum, but here I go:

Marc Bergevin should entertain the idea of including Gallagher in a package to get a player this team would need more

We all would like to trade Desharnais, Gionta and Leblanc for a first-tier scoring forward, which is the main area where this team could use some help. But it's not going to happen.

Giving Gallagher away might be painful, it might hurt us when we see him score goals, but I have the conviction that this guy doesn't have the potential to average anything more than 45 points per season; which isn't bad per say, but let's get real here; do you really want that kind of player on Galchenyuk's line in the future? Because there sure as hell isn't any other prospect with first-tier offensive potentiel in this organization. Collberg is looking more and more like he MIGHT not pan out as expected. De La Rose, McCarron and Bozon are intriguing, but should not be pegged as anything more than mid-line players (2-3), and Pacioretty, while a good offensive player, is not your most consistent guy up front, and can't be count on as the only "go-to guy" in this team.

I'm not saying we should give away Gallagher for the best return. But if there's an opportunity to deal him for a much needed piece, and potentially dominant offensive player, we should consider doing so. Conacher fell off the face of the earth. There's no reason why Gallagher couldn't theorically do the same.

Old
12-17-2013, 07:40 PM
CP31

Old
12-17-2013, 07:44 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
This.

Old
12-17-2013, 07:45 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
Then let's keep our same ****ing team who gets ****ing exhausted after 30 games year in and year out.

Enjoy your 37 points midget who tries hard, but keeps getting put on his ass, and gets abused game in and game out playing the kind of game he plays. Let's forget about getting some actual first tier talent (with size or without size) who shows superiority in atleast one aspect of his game.

By the way, you guys can actually bring arguments as to why a guy who has registered 16 points in 36 games almost now can be considered untouchable?

That being said, I shouldn't expect more from the fanbase who said they would totally deny a deal sending us Yakupov for Gallagher.

Old
12-17-2013, 07:55 PM
smon

I don't know what Cory Conacher has to do with any of this, at least change the title of this post.

Gallagher is part of the team's core. Sure, he and just about anyone else on the team isn't untouchable but I don't really think trading him during his 2nd NHL season makes any sense. It could make sense to trade him...but Edmonton's not giving us Yakupov for him. And I really don't understand what the heck you are trying to discuss with this first tier talent bit. No one's handing out the next Alexander Ovechkin or Sidney Crosby for Gallagher, I'll tell you that much.

Also, please define what this "first-tier" offensive talent means exactly. Because Pacioretty is first-tier = 30 goals a year. There are no perfect hockey players, the grass is always greener. Players can't score every single game.

Old
12-17-2013, 07:56 PM
JohnLennon

He should entertain the idea to trade any player on this team aside from Price and Subban, and probably Galchenyuk. The only reason we would trade Gallagher is if we get significant return. I'm not sure many teams would give up much for Gallagher, and I think he is better on this team than the value we would get in trading him away.

Old
12-17-2013, 07:57 PM
Crimson Skorpion
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:

Closed Thread