HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 3-1! Pacioretty with a post/crossbar hat-trick! + 2 goals

Old
12-18-2013, 12:14 AM
Andrei79

vCash: 500
Just came back from the game.

The Habs were awefull in the first and a good part of the second. Me and my bro were cheering that 4th shot like crazy, little did we know the Habs would turn it up soon after that. I'll say this though, the Coyotes are a stifling team, and they make you pay for every error. I liked OEL, no.23, quite a player, very steady.

Subban was a disaster the first period. He turned it up as the team did as well, but as a player in the NHL, he still makes junior level mistakes no one else makes on either team. I'm not talking about high risk play, I'm talking about plain bad decision making. There was a play in particular where he lost his stick and gave up on the play where from start to finish he was the worst player on the ice. His 3rd period was like another player though, he dominated, I couldn't believe this was the same player.

Amongst forwards, Brière was embarassing. He had 2-3 shifts in the first period, then I didn't notice him for the rest of the game. But boy were those 2-3 shifts awefull. I don't know how he managed to be so underwhelming with so little ice time. He had no idea what he was doing. He didn't fit, he barely skated, he was the weak link on the ice.

Markov was good as always, and so was Emelin. He made some mistakes, but he does so many things well I understand why Bergevin gave him that deal. He looked a lot like Hamrlik out there.

On offense, Desharnais was the only one creating anything in the first half of the game. Pacioretty then joined in on the dance, both were the Habs best forwards. Gallagher's real good, he gets his nose dirty, but he has some things that could use some work.

Plekanec and Gionta were good as always, these guys are all over the ice, in all three zones. Eller was very good too. He's an excellent skater, probably the best puck carrier on the team and he's smart with the puck at finding open spaces. But as always, I'm left thinking this guy just doesn't have the vision or hockey sense to ever surpass whoevers going to be our 1st and 2nd line centers. He's very good and very committed, and he'll always be a good goal scorer, and he'll always get the puck around the net. But... this brings me to Galchenyuk. He'll never be like Galchenyuk.

I don't know how to put it other then: he was insane. Some of the plays he made were just on another level. This guy has superstar written all over him, his offensive awareness is through the roof. We haven't had an offensive prospect like that since Saku Koivu and no offense to Koivu, I don't he's half the player Galchenyuk will be.

Andrei79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:17 AM
SB164

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:21 AM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Haha great

PricerStopDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:24 AM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
But he probably has some G backup somewhere in MTL.

Dun wanna beef with the G's.
He should be given the lucic in van city type treatment, lol

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:29 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Easily #27. What he is doing at 19, no other player on the roster was able to do at the same age
I'm talking right now. Nobody is better than Pacioretty.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:29 AM
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity

Back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Habs & Effort !!
This is truly hypnotizi....................

Canadiens Ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:31 AM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Easily #27. What he is doing at 19, no other player on the roster was able to do at the same age
I like Galchenyuk a lot, but you have he is not better than Max Pac, not yet nayways. The question wasn't best 19 year old player, the question was best forward. Although Galchenyuk will be the best forward very soon.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:33 AM
Saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
I'm talking right now. Nobody is better than Pacioretty.
Pacioretty is our best scorer, Galchenyuk is our most skilled forward.

Edit: Our best pound-for-pound forward is Plekanec.

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:39 AM
Nicko999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
Pacioretty is our best scorer, Galchenyuk is our most skilled forward.

Edit: Our best pound-for-pound forward is Plekanec.
Disagree, the difference in offense between the 2 players is more than the difference in defense. Patches has improved his 2 way play this season.

Overall, the best forward (and not just scorer) is Pacioretty.

Old
12-18-2013, 12:41 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Clowns like Briere and Laraque on the team and the lot of you are still hating on Ribeiro. The insecurity is suffocating.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:42 AM
Saundies

Quote:
Disagree, the difference in offense between the 2 players is more than the difference in defense. Patches has improved his 2 way play this season.

Overall, the best forward (and not just scorer) is Pacioretty.
Man, Pacioretty has 3 assists on the season. 3. I love the guy as much as anyone and he is a valuable player for this team, no doubt about it, but he can't pass. He can score with the best of em, hence why I said he's our best scorer, no doubt. But there's more to being a forward than scoring goals, and that definitely includes setting up your teammates.

Old
12-18-2013, 12:43 AM
PricePkPatch

Gionta really, really, really need to find his shot back.

Man, when you are missing 2 feet off the net on a 2 on 1, something's deeply wrong with your shot.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:44 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Man, Pacioretty has 3 assists on the season. 3. I love the guy as much as anyone and he is a valuable player for this team, no doubt about it, but he can't pass. He can score with the best of em, hence why I said he's our best scorer, no doubt. But there's more to being a forward than scoring goals, and that definitely includes setting up your teammates.
Seriously. I tear my hair out everytime Patch makes a dumb pass on the PP that.. that... JUST DESTROYS EVERYTHING

Man this guy doesn't have hockey IQ when it comes to playmaking. Getting bald becauseof him.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:45 AM
Andrei79

Quote:
He's an excellent passer and was seen at first as a playmaking winger. That's changed obviously, but his game right now isn't to make plays, especially not with a center who's so pass oriented.

Andrei79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:46 AM
Ravenscar

Any Video of the gorges play on the 4 on 1 late in the third

Ravenscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:51 AM
Saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Seriously. I tear my hair out everytime Patch makes a dumb pass on the PP that.. that... JUST DESTROYS EVERYTHING

Man this guy doesn't have hockey IQ when it comes to playmaking. Getting bald becauseof him.
Thaaaaank you, lol, I thought I was literally the only one who sees this on a regular basis too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei79 View Post
He's an excellent passer and was seen at first as a playmaking winger. That's changed obviously, but his game right now isn't to make plays, especially not with a center who's so pass oriented.
If you think he's an excellent passer, you don't pay very close attention to the game. It's not his game right now? It's not his game, period. It doesn't matter if his center is "pass-oriented" or not, if Max was any kind of a playmaker, DD would probably have a couple more goals this year. He's a sniper. He's a guy that will score you a lot of goals (and you need those guys). His playmaking ability however leaves a lot to be desired.

Old
12-18-2013, 12:52 AM
Nicko999

Quote:
So we are going to ignore his 24 assists in 44 games last season (pro rated 45 assists over 82 games)?

Of course he only has 4 assists this season, do you expect Desharnais to score goals?

It's amazing how underrated Pacioretty is among Habs fans.

EDIT: Ovechkin only has 10 assists this year... but pretty much agrees he's the Caps best forward. Obviously, Patches is a goal scorer first but he has shown a certain ability to pass the puck.

Old
12-18-2013, 12:57 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Clowns like Briere and Laraque on the team and the lot of you are still hating on Ribeiro. The insecurity is suffocating.
Can we choose none of the above? How does conjuring up unwanted images of bad players make Ribeiro any better? That guy was an embarrassment to the uniform. And here he is tonight chirping about something he does all the time. He can gtfo.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:59 AM
Saundies

Quote:
So we are going to ignore his 24 assists in 44 games last season (pro rated 45 assists over 82 games)?

Of course he only has 4 assists this season, do you expect Desharnais to score goals?

It's amazing how underrated Pacioretty is among Habs fans.
We're not going to ignore it, but we're not gonna marvel at it either. I'm not underrating him, I'm telling it like it is. The best forwards on any team are the guys that make their teammates around them better. Why is Crosby, not Ovechkin often considered the best player in the league? For that exact reason. That's why Galchenyuk has that "oomph" factor about him that none of our other players do because not only can he score, but his vision to set up everyone else is bar none incredible.

Us Habs fans love guys that can score goals, but it's the guys who can do it all that are the best forwards.

Old
12-18-2013, 01:00 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Laraque?

We signed Laraque again?

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 01:11 AM
Nicko999

Quote:
We're not going to ignore it, but we're not gonna marvel at it either. I'm not underrating him, I'm telling it like it is. The best forwards on any team are the guys that make their teammates around them better. Why is Crosby, not Ovechkin often considered the best player in the league? For that exact reason. That's why Galchenyuk has that "oomph" factor about him that none of our other players do because not only can he score, but his vision to set up everyone else is bar none incredible.

Us Habs fans love guys that can score goals, but it's the guys who can do it all that are the best forwards.
Of course Galchenyuk is going to be our best forward in the future but right now it's more between Plekanec and Pacioretty... and Pacioretty is better.

Old
12-18-2013, 01:12 AM
Bloumeister
RIP Jean Béliveau

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Tabarslac you're on drugs, man, lollll
Everybody's talking 'bout skating, hustling, shooting, scoring, dumping, chasing, this-ing, that-ing

All we are saying...

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 01:14 AM
Saundies

Quote:
Of course Galchenyuk is going to be our best forward in the future but right now it's more between Plekanec and Pacioretty... and Pacioretty is better.
Haha. We'll agree to disagree then.

That being said, good to see him pot a couple more tonight when he could have had 4.

Old
12-18-2013, 01:18 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Thaaaaank you, lol, I thought I was literally the only one who sees this on a regular basis too.

If you think he's an excellent passer, you don't pay very close attention to the game. It's not his game right now? It's not his game, period. It doesn't matter if his center is "pass-oriented" or not, if Max was any kind of a playmaker, DD would probably have a couple more goals this year. He's a sniper. He's a guy that will score you a lot of goals (and you need those guys). His playmaking ability however leaves a lot to be desired.
In the 3 years before this one, Pacioretty had the higheset rate of primary assists per hour (5v5) on the team and his total assist rate just behind Desharnais. Better than ultra-pass first Desharnais or anyone else.

He's not getting them right now, perhaps not playing in a way that will create them right now, but to suggest he's constitutionally incapable of it is ludicrous.

When a guy actually can't set up a goal, he would look like Bourque.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 01:18 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Gionta really, really, really need to find his shot back.

Man, when you are missing 2 feet off the net on a 2 on 1, something's deeply wrong with your shot.
There was a shot in the second that I think went thru the far faceoff circle when he shot it coming down the wing.

I'm hoping for his sake it deflected. Didn't it look like it from the original glance I got

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote