HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's About Time!!!

Old
12-18-2013, 08:12 AM
TheVision

vCash: 500
It's About Time!!!

FINALLY, someone is PO'd and calling the team out.

"What it comes down to is your will; is your heart, your character."

You have got to be kidding me!!! Where's the leadership on this team? Where's the soon to be re signed Captain? Where's the new grit and leadership? Where's the Coach? WHERE IS THE GM?

Why is it that probably the most gentle, meekest member of the team, James Frikkin Reimer has to call out this team? My goodness, he even said BS, which may be as close to swearing we'll ever hear from James.

All this talent, and not a lick of heart. James Reimer, you are my hero! You called out this team, it's just sad that you're the vocal leader. Bout friggin time the goalies started showing how pissed off they must be.

Is the sky falling...no. But with what we've been subjected to over the past 4-6 weeks, it won't be long at this rate.

Who has the answer? I certainly don't. I just hope the HBO cameras are catching how blase this team is off the ice.

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Wami
Chicken Lyfe'

Yeah, I'd like to see more guys visibly upset.

This whole, 'we made some mistakes, we move on and get better' rhetoric is getting tired. I want to see some unfiltered anger. HBO 24/7 will probably deliver more of that. But yeah, right now I'm feeling like we're really missing a spiritual leader to ignite the boys.

Wami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 04:30 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Wouldn't mind a Blake Wheeler type interview from some one

12-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Ari91

And in all of your rant, where are you calling for personal accountability from each and every player? Grown ass men and you're only interested in what the captain, coach and GM are doing. These guys are living their childhood dreams and being paid handsomely to do it and yet we're going to sit here and question only 3 men in the organization for the lack of effort and heart of practically half the team? Come on.

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Banic

Anyone else feel that maybe the 24/7 cameras could be a large part of the issue?

Banic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 05:04 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banic View Post
Anyone else feel that maybe the 24/7 cameras could be a large part of the issue?
It shouldn't.

DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Banic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
It shouldn't.
Why not. The added cameras in the dressing room. This team doesn't start the game well. For all we know the added media attention during the pre game hype could have everything to do with it.

Old
12-18-2013, 05:14 PM
canadiancreed
Exiled from paradise

Quote:
Why not. The added cameras in the dressing room. This team doesn't start the game well. For all we know the added media attention during the pre game hype could have everything to do with it.
Except being in Toronto they're already under the largest microscope in the hockey world? Every move they make is already analysed and dissected over and over again, having one more camera is like pissing into the ocean.

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 05:14 PM
yubbers
U WOT M8?

Last year it was the pre game ceremonies were too long. Excuses are like.......

yubbers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Bluelines

Quote:
Detroit is 3-5-2 in their last 10 and Toronto is 3-7-0 in their last 10..that there is some great TV folks..

Bluelines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Vor
RIP Lounge

vCash: 50
Quote:
It shouldn't.
See: Washington Capitals for further reference

Vor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 05:22 PM
Banic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
Yup as well as current Detroit apparently. Yes the Leafs have media scrutiny. But not 5 -10 minutes before a game starts when they are trying to get focused on the game at hand. Get hyped.

Old
12-18-2013, 05:24 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
I'm just saying it shouldn't effect them. They need to keep being themselves.

Quote:
Yup as well as current Detroit apparently. Yes the Leafs have media scrutiny. But not 5 -10 minutes before a game starts when they are trying to get focused on the game at hand. Get hyped.
See but letting the cameras change you is bad. This team needs to realize they need to be themselves whenever anyone is around. Who cares if cameras are around? If you don't want to talk to them, they aren't going to make you. I think that's why you won't see a lot of Phil Kessel in 24/7.

DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Pyromaniac3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
And in all of your rant, where are you calling for personal accountability from each and every player? Grown ass men and you're only interested in what the captain, coach and GM are doing. These guys are living their childhood dreams and being paid handsomely to do it and yet we're going to sit here and question only 3 men in the organization for the lack of effort and heart of practically half the team? Come on.
Sucks when the coach has favorites and every mistake they make gets them benched. Accountability starts from management, coaching then players. You lose motivation when you see Mark Fraser playing after giving the puck up every shift and you get benched after 1 mistake.

There is no accountability with Carlyle. Just favourites.

Pyromaniac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 05:30 PM
hotpaws

vCash: 50
This team is soft , from Kessel to JVR to Raymond to Bozak to Gards to Franson to Rielly we just have way to many players who play a soft or perimeter game .

Lupes has some grit to him but it looks like he's holding back trying not to get injured , DP physical play comes and goes and usually disappears against tough teams .

Overall we're just a soft team that doesn't compete hard enough and that's why we signed Clarkson to that ridiculous contract and play 2 enforcers who play 5 mins a night and add nothing .

This team has serious flaws and while the injuries have hurt it just an excuse to take the focus away from this flawed team .

Also , I don't give a crap about off ice speeches or how they're upset over their play , either compete harder or get rid of them .

hotpaws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Banic

Quote:
I'm just saying it shouldn't effect them. They need to keep being themselves.

See but letting the cameras change you is bad. This team needs to realize they need to be themselves whenever anyone is around. Who cares if cameras are around? If you don't want to talk to them, they aren't going to make you. I think that's why you won't see a lot of Phil Kessel in 24/7.
I agree it shouldn't, but humans are imperfect and they are a young team. I think it would be a stretch to say it isn't having an effect on them.

Old
12-18-2013, 05:52 PM
black charger

We need the Sherrif back to kick some ass.

black charger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Hyperglide

Starts with the leadership.

Phaneuf is not a great leader from what I've seen and heard of him in interviews and the first episode of 24/7. Seems like a dou che.

Kessel is to quiet and needs to speak up.

Lupul is always injured and seems to be a bit of a primadonna.

We need someone with some skill and some damn heart to really give a damn.

Hyperglide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 07:49 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
These are professional athletes, not dainty little princesses. If they can't handle a camera, they should probably get out of the business.

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 07:55 PM
Wami
Chicken Lyfe'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
Starts with the leadership.

Phaneuf is not a great leader from what I've seen and heard of him in interviews and the first episode of 24/7. Seems like a dou che.

Kessel is to quiet and needs to speak up.

Lupul is always injured and seems to be a bit of a primadonna.

We need someone with some skill and some damn heart to really give a damn.
I think that guy is Kadri, good with the media, very vocal on the bench, well liked by it seems all his teammates....but he needs to bring physicality, skill, and leadership every night.

AND he needs more maturity. I can see him as a true leader of this team in the future.

Wami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 07:58 PM
TheVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
Oh no...please don't misunderstand....I'm calling out the entire team!

I just find it Ironic that the most gentle (perceived) member of the team (Reimer) has to be the one to speak up.

They ALL need to be held accountable, absolutely. But the leadership better step up soon.

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
Oh no...please don't misunderstand....I'm calling out the entire team!

I just find it Ironic that the most gentle (perceived) member of the team (Reimer) has to be the one to speak up.

They ALL need to be held accountable, absolutely. But the leadership better step up soon.
Role models, leadership, is there anyone on this team to look up to right now?

Who is setting the tone?

Faltorvo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 08:54 PM
gtforepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
Sucks when the coach has favorites and every mistake they make gets them benched. Accountability starts from management, coaching then players. You lose motivation when you see Mark Fraser playing after giving the puck up every shift and you get benched after 1 mistake.

There is no accountability with Carlyle. Just favourites.
So ****ing true.

gtforepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 08:54 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

The Habs have 24CH and it isn't affecting them at all.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 08:57 PM
Diatomic
We tanking!TANK-TANK

Quote:
Yeah man those camera guys sitting in the back of the room in silence are really distracting the team. Maybe when they're gone we'll be a good team again right?

Diatomic is online now   Reply With Quote