HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread LXXIV - All News & Talk from Around the League

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2014, 09:02 PM
  #651
True Tick and Tin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 2,661
vCash: 500
I'm loving the implosion by the Leafs, I remember how cocky their fans were at the beginning of the season ... just like every year ... mm their tears taste delicious

True Tick and Tin is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 09:04 PM
  #652
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,310
vCash: 500
Ryder with his 14th to force ot vs Philly on a play started by Jagr.

Craig71 is online now  
Old
01-07-2014, 09:05 PM
  #653
Andy
Moderator
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,065
vCash: 500
Jagr is till damn good man.

Andy is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 09:08 PM
  #654
Price My Man Crush
Registered User
 
Price My Man Crush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,830
vCash: 500
Shut up boys, Brière parle french criss xd :p ^^

Price My Man Crush is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 09:08 PM
  #655
Analyzer*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,976
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Style Points View Post
I'm loving the implosion by the Leafs, I remember how cocky their fans were at the beginning of the season ... just like every year ... mm their tears taste delicious
They could still turn it around.

Hell, they didn't give up 40 shots, so that's good.

Analyzer* is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 09:09 PM
  #656
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Style Points View Post
I'm loving the implosion by the Leafs, I remember how cocky their fans were at the beginning of the season ... just like every year ... mm their tears taste delicious
Being outshot every game by a wide margin doesn't matter!!!!!


Also, Bernier was absolutely brutal tonight. I'm surprised they went with him again after that disaster against the Rangers.

sharks9 is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 09:12 PM
  #657
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
They could still turn it around.

Hell, they didn't give up 40 shots, so that's good.
They could turn it around and we're not really doing much better anyway.

Nothing to be proud of.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 09:33 PM
  #658
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
They could turn it around and we're not really doing much better anyway.

Nothing to be proud of.
We're 8 points ahead of them with a goal differential that's +21 better.

We're definitely better than the Leafs.

sharks9 is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 09:34 PM
  #659
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 12,657
vCash: 500
Crosby has 63 points in 44 games this year, nearly as good as the 66 points in 41 games he had a couple years ago before his concussion. He's on track for a 117 point season.

Points Leaders

Name / GP / Pts
Crosby 44 63
Kane 45 54
Tavares 44 54

Tavares has become the player people thought he'd be in his junior years.

Meanwhile, Alexander Ovechkin has 31 goals and 12 assists in 40 games. He's on track for 64 goals, which would be pretty awesome after everyone has said he was done in the past few years. I remember when we discussed trading for him on these boards last year many Habs fans said they didn't want him.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1189827
Proposal: Ovechkin to Montreal


Last edited by DAChampion: 01-07-2014 at 09:43 PM.
DAChampion is online now  
Old
01-07-2014, 09:41 PM
  #660
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
We're 8 points ahead of them with a goal differential that's +21 better.

We're definitely better than the Leafs.
Yep, but I don't think we pass the eye test, sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Crosby has 63 points in 44 games this year, nearly as good as the 66 points in 41 games he had a couple years ago before his concussion. He's on track for a 117 point season.

Points Leaders

Name / GP / Pts
Crosby 44 63
Kane 45 54
Tavares 44 54

Tavares has become the player people thought he'd be in his junior years.

Meanwhile, Alexander Ovechkin has 31 goals and 12 assists in 40 games. He's on track for 64 goals, which would be pretty awesome after everyone has said he was done in the past few years. I remember when we discussed trading for him on these boards last year Habs fans said they didn't want him.
This league misses Stamkos and Malkin though. I love high end competition.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 10:11 PM
  #661
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,808
vCash: 500
Giroux and St. Louis especially have already started to respond to their snubbing.

Et le But is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 10:25 PM
  #662
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Ryder with his 14th to force ot vs Philly on a play started by Jagr.
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Jagr is till damn good man.
what could have been...


MaxPac - Pleks - Jagr
Gallagher - Eller - Gionta
Galch - DD - Ryder

Miller Time is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 10:28 PM
  #663
LLoyd Christmas I
Registered User
 
LLoyd Christmas I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 524
vCash: 500
Marty St-Louis, doesn't get picked for team Canada, same day scores 2 goals including the game winner with 6 shots on goal.

Speaks for itself. Character.

LLoyd Christmas I is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 10:29 PM
  #664
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 60,170
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
what could have been...


MaxPac - Pleks - Jagr
Gallagher - Eller - Gionta
Galch - DD - Ryder
People will need to get their opinion straight....who do we miss more? Cammy? Cole? Ryder?

I mean, let just hope that the same people who want Cole aren't the same ones who want Ryder. And really how did you like Ryder's performance in the playoffs? It really gave everybody the idea that we should re-sign him?

Jagr? No dbout for me. We had to sign him. Stupid mistake yet again. But Ryder? We wanted to get rid of him.

And sorry but Galch-DD-Ryder? Defensively that would ahve been a catastrophy. Would have probably be:

MaxPac-DD-Ryder
Gionta-Pleks-Jagr
Galch-Eller-Gallagher

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 10:31 PM
  #665
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 60,170
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoyd Christmas I View Post
Marty St-Louis, doesn't get picked for team Canada, same day scores 2 goals including the game winner and 6 shots on goal.

Speaks for itself. Character.
St.Louis was a lock. And those guys decided that the issue, his size, was pre-Calgary era. You really believed as if those guys hadn't seen what the guy has done. Geez, St.Louis would have made a great captain on this team. And now he's not on it.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 10:32 PM
  #666
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Sigh...



what could have been...


MaxPac - Pleks - Jagr
Gallagher - Eller - Gionta
Galch - DD - Ryder
Looks good on paper. But you still have Bourque ar 3,3 +Ryder at at lest. 3,5 +. Jagr who is making 4 millions with bonuses. Gallagher also a RW.

habitue* is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 10:36 PM
  #667
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 36,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
People will need to get their opinion straight....who do we miss more? Cammy? Cole? Ryder?

I mean, let just hope that the same people who want Cole aren't the same ones who want Ryder. And really how did you like Ryder's performance in the playoffs? It really gave everybody the idea that we should re-sign him?

Jagr? No dbout for me. We had to sign him. Stupid mistake yet again. But Ryder? We wanted to get rid of him.

And sorry but Galch-DD-Ryder? Defensively that would ahve been a catastrophy. Would have probably be:

MaxPac-DD-Ryder
Gionta-Pleks-Jagr
Galch-Eller-Gallagher
Okay, but Ryder > Briere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
St.Louis was a lock. And those guys decided that the issue, his size, was pre-Calgary era. You really believed as if those guys hadn't seen what the guy has done. Geez, St.Louis would have made a great captain on this team. And now he's not on it.
I still think he'll make the team as next in line for an injury replacement.

Still can't understand why Hall's not on the roster though...

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 10:37 PM
  #668
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
St.Louis was a lock. And those guys decided that the issue, his size, was pre-Calgary era. You really believed as if those guys hadn't seen what the guy has done. Geez, St.Louis would have made a great captain on this team. And now he's not on it.
There is a big cold shoulder between Saint-louis and Hockey Canada . They did not selectt him for the 2010 Games. And he has refused to play for team Canada in the next three World Championships after the Nhl seasons when his team was eliminated.

habitue* is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 10:46 PM
  #669
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 60,170
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Okay, but Ryder > Briere.
Everything > Brière. Not the point. We still had to choose. And it started with that bad Bourque trade, than the Cole trade, the letting Ryder go....Pretty sure though that while Bergevin was wrong in TONS of assessments...he had to work with a guy we couldn,t care for anymore in Bourque which he has nothing to do with. And Gionta who will not be here next year which he has nothing to do with.

Still....from what I saw lately from Bergie....I'm not that much confident that he'll work something out. Like I keep saying, I'm just stunned that this organization for the past oh so many years, have just forgotten that players needs to play their position. From the forwards.....to more importantly the d-men. They really handle their players like if it was NHL 2014. I guess it's not that but I don't see a whole lot of respect thinking that as great as they are, NHL'ers could play whatever position they feel like. Well....yes....they are pros. Problem is that the opponents they are facing are ALSO Pros and that they can benefit from the slightest of weaknesses from the guys they are facing.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 11:28 PM
  #670
Hackett
BAKAMAN
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,914
vCash: 500
MAF imploding in vancouver. When things go bad, he just seems to fold and cannot be counted on making a big save to help stabilize things. You really have to wonder what the pens will do if he remains the weak link in the playoffs.

It will probably cost bylsma his job, even though he isn't paid to stop pucks.

Hackett is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 11:29 PM
  #671
thewall
Registered User
 
thewall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
Nice Elbow by Campbell on Perreault.. best part of it is reading the Bruins board saying it wasn't an elbow..... or 2 for diving.. i can't beleive how idiots the Bruins fans are... funny how they were crying like little babies when Orpik nailed Eriksson!

thewall is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 11:36 PM
  #672
Hackett
BAKAMAN
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,914
vCash: 500
Pens score two quick ones at the death. Man, they are so explosive. OT upcoming.

Hackett is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 11:38 PM
  #673
Alexdaman
Wolfman
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hell/Heaven
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,009
vCash: 50
Only changes channels for 45secs and the pens score twice OMG!

Alexdaman is offline  
Old
01-07-2014, 11:41 PM
  #674
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity
 
Canadiens Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Smurfland
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
what could have been...


MaxPac - Pleks - Jagr
Gallagher - Eller - Gionta
Galch - DD - Ryder
Yup, that would've made us Stanley Cup contenders...

Canadiens Ghost is offline  
Old
01-08-2014, 12:48 AM
  #675
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,681
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
People will need to get their opinion straight....who do we miss more? Cammy? Cole? Ryder?

I mean, let just hope that the same people who want Cole aren't the same ones who want Ryder. And really how did you like Ryder's performance in the playoffs? It really gave everybody the idea that we should re-sign him?

Jagr? No dbout for me. We had to sign him. Stupid mistake yet again. But Ryder? We wanted to get rid of him.

And sorry but Galch-DD-Ryder? Defensively that would ahve been a catastrophy. Would have probably be:

MaxPac-DD-Ryder
Gionta-Pleks-Jagr
Galch-Eller-Gallagher
The powerplay would be much better too that's for sure.

Watsatheo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.