HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Todd White traded to Minnestota

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2005, 04:22 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF2002
As Thunderstruck pointed out, your stats are way off.

I should clarify what I mean. A player of White's skill set has to be lucky to be in the NHL. Often, it comes down to timing. White played 4 season in the NHL prior to coming to Ottawa, and it was a total of 47 games.

He's not big, nor does he play big. He's a decent two way player who played with Alfredsson on his wing. His +/- career high was +15.

Ottawa gave him a chance, paid him a lot of money, and in the end he comes out and criticizes the owners and the League. I don't blame Muckler one bit for getting rid of him. "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" comes to mind.

IMO, you're greatly overrating White. Let's see how he does with a different organization. Just like Dackell, Hnidy, Pitlick, Tugnutt, Traverse and even York to a degree, did once they left the Sens.
White is going to a place with a similar system so he should be just fine. I agree that Ottawa did not need him any longer but he will not fall off the face of the earth like the others you mention. They ended up in situations where they were asked to do to much.

Old
07-31-2005, 06:01 PM
sensens

Todd is actually a guy that I went to both elementary school and high school with, and as much as it's sad to see him leave my favorite team, I think it's probably in his best interest to go and test the waters elsewhere. He's a guy who will be sorely missed as much for his versatility as for his extremely noteworthy community involvement, but at the end of the day it's a business. These years in Ottawa have been a dream opportunity for him, and I think everyone hopes that Minnesota can offer him the type of opportunity that was just no longer available in Ottawa.

If he had to go, then getting a guy like Cody Bass in return is tremendous - excellent drafting once again.

Old
07-31-2005, 06:04 PM
emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF2002
It was a factor, although not the only one.
What exactly did he say that you feel was such a slight to the owners? Considering Alfie's role in the NHLPA, he was more outspoken against the owners than most in the league. Will he incur the same wrath when his contract is up?

I guarantee you the only reason Muckler got rid of White was because of his size. He's actively hunting for a big, top-2 line centre.

Old
07-31-2005, 07:06 PM
HF2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by emo
What exactly did he say that you feel was such a slight to the owners? Considering Alfie's role in the NHLPA, he was more outspoken against the owners than most in the league. Will he incur the same wrath when his contract is up?

I guarantee you the only reason Muckler got rid of White was because of his size. He's actively hunting for a big, top-2 line centre.
I've been trying to find what White said specifically because I figured someone would ask what it was he said. So far, no luck.
Frankly, it makes no difference to me what he says about anyone. His comments weren't directed at me because I'm not an owner.

There's a huge difference between Alfredsson and White. I don't think I need to explain what it is.

All I've said is that it was a factor - not the factor. As much as everyone wants to parrot that this is a business, don't forget that in any business, peoples emotions, feelings and egos do play a major role in steering the ship. Managers hold grudges, co-workers don't always get along, etc, etc.

ps Leafs suck

Old
07-31-2005, 08:47 PM
emo

Trust me, White didn't say anything to piss off ownership.

It's all about size.

And I agree, Leafs suck.

Closed Thread