HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Eric Daze

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2003, 12:38 PM
gohabsgo2010

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Eric Daze

What do you think it would take to bring Dazé to the Habs. He would be the perfect winger for Koivu's line. I know it's farfetched, but around late January last year there was a rumour out of Montreal citing André Savard was pushing hard to acquire a certain big, superstar forward out of the Western Conference. Many believed it was Dazé.

I was thinking a package revolving around Alexander Perezhogin and Jan Bulis would be relatively fair? Maybe not?

Old
09-30-2003, 12:41 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
I'm afraid to post anymore in threads relating to Daze. (after this post of course.)

Old
09-30-2003, 12:42 PM
Kukla

Daze a superstar forward? Must have been talking about someone else.

Old
09-30-2003, 12:43 PM
Jon Burke

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
What do you think it would take to bring Dazé to the Habs. He would be the perfect winger for Koivu's line. I know it's farfetched, but around late January last year there was a rumour out of Montreal citing André Savard was pushing hard to acquire a certain big, superstar forward out of the Western Conference. Many believed it was Dazé.

I was thinking a package revolving around Alexander Perezhogin and Jan Bulis would be relatively fair? Maybe not?
Daze's a superstar? News to me. He's a good player, but he's no superstar. He could help the Habs, but despite good size, he's neither particularily tough nor particularily good defensively.

The proposed deal might work, but the 'Hawks would likely want a young defenseman in the deal. Maybe replace Bulis with Hainsey and add a pick from Chicago...???

Old
09-30-2003, 12:44 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

daze is big *although he rarely uses it* and has an excellent pair of hands. he is certainly a valuable commodity.

I'm not sure what it would take from the Habs. Probably some defense, which I do not see happening.

Old
09-30-2003, 12:47 PM
gohabsgo2010

Sorry. Maybe not a "superstar", but a star indeed. He's only one season removed from 38 goals. 44 points in 55 games, to go along with a +10 last year is more than respectable playing on that Blackhawks team.

Old
09-30-2003, 01:44 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:

Well, Mike Smith just loves Euros, so that should make it easier to figure out. But Perezhogin? Maybe, but Chicago already has Vorobiev, Radulov, Ruutu, and even Yakhubov who are all young and rising.

Also, unless I am mistaken, it was Smith who brought in Perreault when he was GM of the Leafs, where he did fairly well as a second line centre.

Of course Perreault would not at all be sufficient for Daze. But it could at least make sense, from a roster point of view. After Zhamnov there is Arnason, Nichol, and Ruutu at centre. Ruutu could switch to LW, along with Bell and Calder, and Perreault could platoon with Arnason as 2nd C, in case he gets struck by the sophomore jinx.

But Chicago would require a serviceable defenceman as well, even assuming that Perreault would fetch any interest at all with his 2.8 million contract. Unless Smith mistakes "Dykhuis" for Finnish or Swedish, this proposal would need a Markov to complete it.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:13 PM
gohabsgo2010

I don't think the Habs would move Markov, as his contribution to the team is immense. However, I agree with your point regarding European players.

If the 'Hawks were looking at Perreault, the return would be much smaller.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:35 PM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Ha ha, you know who they can put in the package? Patrice Brisebois! Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:37 PM
gohabsgo2010

Hmm...Traverse, Dykhuis, Audette for Daze?

Old
09-30-2003, 02:47 PM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Quote:
Hmm...Traverse, Dykhuis, Audette for Daze?
Nooooo way. I know Chicago will not want older overpaid players for Daze when he could get them some nice youth. Chicago is definetely not making a push for the playoff's so why bring in veterans?

Old
09-30-2003, 02:51 PM
gohabsgo2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingboy2999
Nooooo way. I know Chicago will not want older overpaid players for Daze when he could get them some nice youth. Chicago is definetely not making a push for the playoff's so why bring in veterans?
Right...youth. Juha Lind, Sylvain Blouin, and Xavier Delisle? Would that cut it?

Old
09-30-2003, 03:01 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
I don't think the Habs would move Markov, as his contribution to the team is immense.
You probably will not like this, but something similar to this is what the Habs would need to give up. THe hawks are weak on D right now. It could be a Morris/Drury type deal.

Old
09-30-2003, 03:03 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:

Daze is injury prone and soft. He has size but doesn't use it. He's an excellent sniper but that's not the kind of player Koivu needs on his wing. He needs a big gritty and physical power-forward that goes in the corners, crashes the net and makes some room on the ice for his linemates. Daze, especially considering his fairly high price tag, is not a player I would go after to play with Koivu.

Old
09-30-2003, 05:59 PM
Teemu

well, if you want daze on the habs, at least one of Hainsey or Komi will be coming our way. we dont need forward prospect depth, we need goo defensive prospects.

Closed Thread