Notices

Wild's 4th round pick

Closed Thread

Old
07-30-2005, 10:35 PM
Whawks33

vCash: 500
Wild's 4th round pick

Just a few tidbits about Kyle Bailey for you Wild fans. 6'2" 182lbs. Kyle went through the WHL bantam draft without being drafted and was listed by the Hawks in Jan of 2002. He was called up for the final fours games of the 02-03 season, and played so well, the Hawks had him stick around for the playoffs. He was the Winterhawks rookie of the year in his first full rookie season, 03-04.

As a Hawks fan, I have to admit to getting a big smile on my face when the Wild drafted Bailey. He is a good hard working player, the classic blue collar plumber type of player. He's a good PK player, and towards the end of this past season, started to show some nice flair in the 2nd PP unit as well. He's not a fighter by any means, but when he does drop the gloves, he holds his own quite well. He has hand speed that catches a lot of opponents off guard.

Its rather ironic the Wild drafted him, becuase he's always reminded me on some level of Wes Walz.

He's got a long way to go to make it to the NHL, but if sheer heart, work, guts and detrimination can get a player there, Kyle will give the Wild all that and more. And he'll give that night in and night out. I like this kid and really hope he makes it.

If you want more info, this link will take you to his players page on the Hawks website:

http://carbon.winterhawks.com/index....d=28&Itemid=49

Old
07-30-2005, 10:42 PM
Wild Thing

Thank you very much for dropping in and taking the trouble to give us some background info on Kyle. The truth is, most of us don't know very much about the mid to late round picks. We apprectae all the information we can get! He sounds like a good, hardworking kid. Best of luck to him in the career that started this morning.

Old
07-30-2005, 11:30 PM
allin4466

Kristofer Westblom in the 3rd round? i actually choked when i read that

Old
07-31-2005, 01:14 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

I appreciate your insight but I'm afraid to say that's what we heard last year from all of our picks that they were hard workers, grinders and such. No home run pick...no guy with potential to be a top scorer...Just more grinders and hard workers.

I hope Lemaire doesn't leave anytime soon or else the next guy is going to freak out.

Old
07-31-2005, 02:04 AM
vitogor

Sorry, Doobie, the top scorers were all gone in the 1st round, all there was left in the fourth were the hard-working Wes Walz type players. Actually, if this kid (or any other mid- to late-rounder) turns out to be the second coming of Walz, or Park, or even Bombardir ( ), we should be extremely pleased.

Old
07-31-2005, 03:20 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Wacey Rabbit comes to mind immediately as a scorer...There were good players left in the 2nd round (Hagemo) and further...hell I would've taken a guy like Yellowhorn or ANYONE over who we drafted...well some of them...

Old
07-31-2005, 11:06 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 728
Hey whawks, I was just going to post the same link - you beat me to it

I like this pick - the guy soundslike a good mid-round pick. If he adds 15-20 lbs of muscle over the next few years, I could see him being a slightly better Wiemer, a good defensive, tough center who can make some meaningful contributions on offense, kill penalties, and drop the gloves when necessary.

What kind of skater is he?

Old
07-31-2005, 12:26 PM
Whawks33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman

What kind of skater is he?
Well he'll never be confused with Apollo Ono or anything, but he gets there and back again and does so at a good clip. I wouldn't say skating is an asset of his, but I wouldn't say its a problem either.

Closed Thread