HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Guys, what are we going to do about Primeau this year?

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2005, 01:04 PM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue
That's our glaring problem right now. Actually it was our most obvious problem the last two years in the playoffs.

But you're right, we have to find somebody to stop him, Eddie will appreciate that very much.

Any suggestions?

You're asking the wrong person here. The number that's in my name should tell you who I am a fan of...on the Flyers.

Goal post did an ok job.

Old
07-31-2005, 01:05 PM
Geese_Howard*

why they **** are we overrating keith primeau??!? holy **** you guys think hes unstoppable or something

Old
07-31-2005, 01:09 PM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
You're asking the wrong person here. The number that's in my name should tell you who I am a fan of...on the Flyers.

Yeah I saw that after, it's all good.

So do you agree with me, from a Primeau and a Flyer fan perspective, that one of the main reasons we lost to you guys was the presence and the game of none other than Keith Primeau?

Hitchcock brought the most out in Primeau and he performed the role exactly the way Hitch wanted him to.

And if not for the grueling series with Toronto, Philly could have gone all the way.
Heck, they lost by one goal in the 7th game of the conference Finals to a well rested Tampa team.

Old
07-31-2005, 01:10 PM
richardn

Quote:
He's been such a nemesis. Taking liberties with Eddie. It went to the point where no Leaf could handle him so Eddie took matters into his own hands and took a shot at Primeau.

Well, this ruffled the Eagle's feathers and threw him off his game.

Every Leaf should have been ashamed for leaving Eddie alone to be mauled by these behemoths in Primeau and the likes.

Now that the draft is over and tomorrow is free agency, rosters should be taking shape. What are we going to do to address this? It is of the utmost importance.

Any fool can recognize that for two years in a row, this is one of the main reasons why we lost to Philly.

We would be stupid if we let this happen a third time. Surely JFJ must see this.

If we can't solve Primeau, I'm willing to get a doll of him and go learn some of that voodoo stuff...I'm serious!
Option A) If you can't beat him sign him
Option B) Adam Foote
Option c) Chris Pronger

Old
07-31-2005, 01:12 PM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geese_Howard
why they **** are we overrating keith primeau??!? holy **** you guys think hes unstoppable or something

Buddy, Primeau and company were on their way to the cup. Hitchcock has a good
game plan. He knows Eddie from their Stanley Cup Dallas days.

Having said that, he knows how to ruffle the Eagles feathers. How does he do it?
Enter Keith Primeau.

Old
07-31-2005, 01:14 PM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geese_Howard
he is if you wear blue and white (plus a little black to go with the blue after the playoffs)

but here's a thought, if the leafs waste all thier effort on Preems, who's gonna stop the rest of Philly's big boys like Stevenson, Knuble, and the Domi riding Brashear?

Old
07-31-2005, 01:14 PM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn
Option A) If you can't beat him sign him
Option B) Adam Foote
Option c) Chris Pronger

I would take the first option in a heartbeat!

Old
07-31-2005, 01:16 PM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
he is if you wear blue and white (plus a little black to go with the blue after the playoffs)

but here's a thought, if the leafs waste all thier effort on Preems, who's gonna stop the rest of Philly's big boys like Stevenson, Knuble, and the Domi riding Brashear?

Those other guys don't have skills the way Primeau has in charging the net.
The guy never even gets a penalty for it, he makes it look so innocent. He's got it down to a science.

Meanwhile we have our goalie who's all up in arms at what just happened.

The refs just look at our goalie like he's crazy.

Old
07-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Geese_Howard*

meh remember roberts a few years back? unstobable right? fact is this is a NEW NHL and for all we know primeau can be half the player he was

Old
07-31-2005, 01:24 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Seemed to me they didn't score enough the last game, so perhaps they just need more offensive, and quit worrying about one mediocre player.

Old
07-31-2005, 01:34 PM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55
Seemed to me they didn't score enough the last game, so perhaps they just need more offensive, and quit worrying about one mediocre player.

It's more than just being about one mediocre player ULF.

Like I said before, Hitchcock knows Eddie better than probably anyone. He knows how to get under his skin. He also studies Pat Quinn while being his assistant on the International level.

And we all know, information is knowledge and knowledge is power.

And with this power he beat us twice.

I'll never forget when Eddie had to finally go out of his crease to take a revenge shot at Primeau cause it seemed like nobody was protecting him...including the refs!! I felt so sorry for him and was disgusted with every Leaf at the same time.

Starting with Sundin! If Primeau can do that do earn a win, why can't Sundin?
Sundin would probably say sorry if he hit the goalie albeit Esche or Cechmanek. Actually it doesn't matter who is in their net, we still lose.

Old
07-31-2005, 01:39 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Are you calling Primeau a mediocre player? Holy Out to Lunch BatMan, Primeau practically carried the Flyers on his back throughout the 04 playoffs. When on his game, he can be one of the most dominant players around, he is not mediocre. We should be thinking about competing with our rivals, not that we should address needs for just one player like Primeau, but the Leafs need to adress weeknesses, like the size and capabilities of our defence core. Adam Foote would go a long way to answer that.

Old
07-31-2005, 01:41 PM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiedaeagle20
Are you calling Primeau a mediocre player? Holy Out to Lunch BatMan, Primeau practically carried the Flyers on his back throughout the 04 playoffs. When on his game, he can be one of the most dominant players around, he is not mediocre. We should be thinking about competing with our rivals, not that we should address needs for just one player like Primeau, but the Leafs need to adress weeknesses, like the size and capabilities of our defence core. Adam Foote would go a long way to answer that.

Old
07-31-2005, 01:41 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Plus, it's not just one player. Tony Amonte and Simon Gagne had a few goals against you guys as well.

Hitch knows how to get Eddie off his game and that is to plant yourself right in front of him. Do that and you win. Simple as that.

Old
07-31-2005, 01:43 PM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
Plus, it's not just one player. Tony Amonte and Simon Gagne had a few goals against you guys as well.

Hitch knows how to get Eddie off his game and that is to plant yourself right in front of him. Do that and you win. Simple as that.

You got a point there.

In the Tampa series, it was none other than Dave Andreychuk that was in front of the Philly net.

And there is nobody better in the league in front of the net than Andreychuk.

Maybe that was the deciding factor.

Old
07-31-2005, 02:33 PM
GameFace247SON
@NHLonICE

Send a message via AIM to GameFace247SON
Quote:
Worst. Post. Ever. One mediocre player will be doing this in June.

Old
07-31-2005, 03:56 PM
albathegreat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJTOM
It's time for the Leafs to put their Foote down!
There is no other way of saying it, your absolutely right.

Old
07-31-2005, 05:48 PM
cleduc

It isn't a contract year for Keith so the John Druce syndrome will continue it's predictable pattern.

Old
07-31-2005, 05:54 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
That's what I'm talking about.

Although I don't wish any ill will on anybody, I just want somebody to nonchalantly line him up and give him a gentle check that causes his one knee to go in the east direction and one in the west direction resulting in a graceful fall where his head accidently bounces off the ice.

Our player gets no penalty and the play goes on until the ref sees a player in obvious distress and stops the play.

The commentators will be saying, "Oh, it seemed like such a harmless hit but Primeau is having a hard time getting off the ice. Folks, looks like they are bringing out the stretcher. You know Harry, some of these hits look so harmless but they can put a player out of action for such a long time. I agree Bob, we seen examples of that hit right here in the ACC with Dougy and the Nolan hit."

All the while us Leaf fans will be doing this:
You would.

Old
07-31-2005, 06:02 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
That's what I'm talking about.

Although I don't wish any ill will on anybody, I just want somebody to nonchalantly line him up and give him a gentle check that causes his one knee to go in the east direction and one in the west direction resulting in a graceful fall where his head accidently bounces off the ice.

Our player gets no penalty and the play goes on until the ref sees a player in obvious distress and stops the play.

The commentators will be saying, "Oh, it seemed like such a harmless hit but Primeau is having a hard time getting off the ice. Folks, looks like they are bringing out the stretcher. You know Harry, some of these hits look so harmless but they can put a player out of action for such a long time. I agree Bob, we seen examples of that hit right here in the ACC with Dougy and the Nolan hit."

All the while us Leaf fans will be doing this:
Would you please stop embarassing Leaf fans everywhere with comments like this.

This thread is ridiculous. I've never seen so much concern about a player who scored 7 goals in 54 games last season.

Yeah Primeau had a fantastic series against us last year. So what? The Lightning managed to beat them. Same with Belfour. He had a great series against Ottawa, but still the Flyers managed to somehow beat him.

The Leafs didn't lose to Primeau last year. They lost to the Flyers. The same way as Belfour didn't beat Ottawa, the Leafs did.

Old
07-31-2005, 06:04 PM
It Kills Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFace247SON
Worst. Post. Ever. One mediocre player will be doing this in June.
Who, Aki Berg?

Old
07-31-2005, 06:08 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almothegreat
There is no other way of saying it, your absolutely right.
A commodity like Foote isn't going to sign for nickles. He'll probably go to some up and coming market with some spare change that have a chance at a playoffs run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleduc
It isn't a contract year for Keith so the John Druce syndrome will continue it's predictable pattern.
If I'm looking at this right the circumstances you're describing only happened once but in reality Primeau left Carolina because of bad blood, not money.

I look forward to watching Eddie's temper get the best of him yet again.

Old
07-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

This whole thread is ridiculous.

Old
07-31-2005, 06:17 PM
Stephen

Who really gives a crap about Keith Primeau when the makeup of both teams will be radically different anyway?

Old
07-31-2005, 06:19 PM
Celticgreen

NO offence Leaf fans but you need(ed) an enforcer about twice the size of Tie Domi... I wouldn't question his heart or anything but look at us out west minus Wancouver... Shoot we had Chris Simon and Krystof Oliwa... Edmontons got Laraque... etc. etc.

Closed Thread