HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Guys, what are we going to do about Primeau this year?

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2005, 07:27 PM
Stephen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticgreen
NO offence Leaf fans but you need(ed) an enforcer about twice the size of Tie Domi... I wouldn't question his heart or anything but look at us out west minus Wancouver... Shoot we had Chris Simon and Krystof Oliwa... Edmontons got Laraque... etc. etc.
The Leafs don't need more enforcers but more gritty energy guys who can keep up physically, but also be able to play the game.

Old
07-31-2005, 07:53 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFace247SON
Worst. Post. Ever. One mediocre player will be doing this in June.
Do any of you remember the final score of the deciding game?

Old
07-31-2005, 07:57 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
Would you please stop embarassing Leaf fans everywhere with comments like this.

This thread is ridiculous. I've never seen so much concern about a player who scored 7 goals in 54 games last season.

Yeah Primeau had a fantastic series against us last year. So what? The Lightning managed to beat them. Same with Belfour. He had a great series against Ottawa, but still the Flyers managed to somehow beat him.

The Leafs didn't lose to Primeau last year. They lost to the Flyers. The same way as Belfour didn't beat Ottawa, the Leafs did.
Exactly.

People panic over the smallest things.

Old
07-31-2005, 08:38 PM
Rand

If we're going to start structuring our team and our signings around how to stop one player on one team in the NHL, then we may as well start rebuilding enmasse right now.

Primeau is good, and yes he had a stellar series.
He's also only 1 player, and not an incredibly talented player that's likely to devestate the entire NHL. This isn't a combination of Gretzky and Orr we're talking about here.... it's Keith Primeau.

Philladelphia beat Toronto, not Keith Primeau with no one else on the ice. He won't single handedly redefine the NHL. He can be beaten, Tampa Bay clearly beat Philly last year. Ottawa had done it as well, yes that same Ottawa that seems to be cursed against us. Hell, it's not like Philly absolutely destroyed us in 4 games staright by a combined score of 50 to 0.

We may not even see Philly in the playoffs, and if we do meet Philly in the playoffs Primeau may not have a fantastic series again. He's a fine player, but he's human and far from even being the best player on their roster.

I don't you're going to see Ottawa panicing about dealing half their roster just t get Primeau so that they can magically beat Belfour.
Why?
Because Primeau alone, won't beat anyone. If we take the past as gospel evidence of the future then Toronto will never beat Philly and should rebuild... Ottawa should have started rebuilding immediately because they can't beat Toronto.

If you ask me, that's bordering on insanity.

Worry about Primeau IF we meet Philly in the playoffs, which is far from assured. Worry about Primeau IF he has a stellar series, which is also far from assured. Until then, lets worry about building a good hockey team... not a good Primeau beating team.
Somehow I doubt building a team based around the idea of shutting down Primeau is the most effective method to build a cup winner.
I'm reasonably confident Tampa Bay didn't start out the year last season focusing on how to beat Primeau.

Remember, this is Primeau, Primeau is not spelled OrrGretzky.
I can think of dozens of players that are IMHO MUCH more likely to be a barrier in the way of the Leafs winning the cup, not one of them are worth forgetting the rest of the NHL to focus on beating however.

Old
07-31-2005, 08:50 PM
GameFace247SON
@NHLonICE

Send a message via AIM to GameFace247SON
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55
Do any of you remember the final score of the deciding game?
I forget where it was played, too.

Old
07-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Lobstertainment

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFace247SON
I forget where it was played, too.
What's a hockey game?

Damn lockout!

Old
07-31-2005, 11:07 PM
Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJTOM
A flyers fan? Here?
How did you get past the guards?
I am guessing that Rand let him in...

Old
07-31-2005, 11:09 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

i say make belak a defenseman and put him out against primeau to scare the bejeepers out of him.

no touch eddie!

Old
08-01-2005, 01:26 AM
Murphy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
If we're going to start structuring our team and our signings around how to stop one player on one team in the NHL, then we may as well start rebuilding enmasse right now.

Primeau is good, and yes he had a stellar series.
He's also only 1 player, and not an incredibly talented player that's likely to devestate the entire NHL. This isn't a combination of Gretzky and Orr we're talking about here.... it's Keith Primeau.

Philladelphia beat Toronto, not Keith Primeau with no one else on the ice. He won't single handedly redefine the NHL. He can be beaten, Tampa Bay clearly beat Philly last year. Ottawa had done it as well, yes that same Ottawa that seems to be cursed against us. Hell, it's not like Philly absolutely destroyed us in 4 games staright by a combined score of 50 to 0.

We may not even see Philly in the playoffs, and if we do meet Philly in the playoffs Primeau may not have a fantastic series again. He's a fine player, but he's human and far from even being the best player on their roster.

I don't you're going to see Ottawa panicing about dealing half their roster just t get Primeau so that they can magically beat Belfour.
Why?
Because Primeau alone, won't beat anyone. If we take the past as gospel evidence of the future then Toronto will never beat Philly and should rebuild... Ottawa should have started rebuilding immediately because they can't beat Toronto.

If you ask me, that's bordering on insanity.

Worry about Primeau IF we meet Philly in the playoffs, which is far from assured. Worry about Primeau IF he has a stellar series, which is also far from assured. Until then, lets worry about building a good hockey team... not a good Primeau beating team.
Somehow I doubt building a team based around the idea of shutting down Primeau is the most effective method to build a cup winner.
I'm reasonably confident Tampa Bay didn't start out the year last season focusing on how to beat Primeau.

Remember, this is Primeau, Primeau is not spelled OrrGretzky.
I can think of dozens of players that are IMHO MUCH more likely to be a barrier in the way of the Leafs winning the cup, not one of them are worth forgetting the rest of the NHL to focus on beating however.
As Mac put it so well: "The Sens, Leafs and Flyers are the Rock, Paper, and Scissors of the NHL"

Old
08-01-2005, 08:31 AM
greatwhite101*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
The same way as Belfour didn't beat Ottawa, the Leafs did.
I thought Eddie beat Ottawa and most Leafs fans will agree with me there.... I do not know what were you watching.... What was Eddies GAA after 1st round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
Tampa Bay clearly beat Philly last year.
to me it didn't look clear until 19:58 minute of 3d period game 7.

Anyway, I always look forward games against the Leafs I just hope it will be in 3d round this time. Please take care Ottawa and we will take care Devils.

Last edited by greatwhite101: 08-01-2005 at 08:50 AM.
Closed Thread