HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Andrei Vasilevskiy

Old
05-28-2014, 12:11 PM
emedshot

vCash: 500
KHL's Alexei Cherepanov Trophy (rookie of the year award) goes to Andrei Vasilevskiy.

emedshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Crabby Williams

I was reading through the draft thread when we picked Vas, and I thought it was a little funny that HF poster Vasilevskiy did not like the pick.

Crabby Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 02:14 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Williams View Post
I was reading through the draft thread when we picked Vas, and I thought it was a little funny that HF poster Vasilevskiy did not like the pick.
Link, I'd like to see the reactions myself..

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 02:35 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Williams View Post
I remember it
IIRC I thought we were reaching a lot... it didn't take me long to be sold on Vasi

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Crabby Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilevskiy View Post
I remember it
IIRC I thought we were reaching a lot... it didn't take me long to be sold on Vasi

Crabby Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2014, 12:20 PM
Kshahdoo

Vasilivskiy recieved 10M rubles (around $300k) from SOGAZ for Save of the Season in KHL. Not bad I'd say.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2014, 01:04 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Vasilivskiy recieved 10M rubles (around $300k) from SOGAZ for Save of the Season in KHL. Not bad I'd say.
Flight risk

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2014, 01:38 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

https://twitter.com/KHL_hockey
Quote:
Andrei Vasilevsky was honored with the Alexei Cherepanov Award for top rookie and "best save"

Old
05-30-2014, 10:34 AM
Mikey 48
#NYRTank2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
Link, I'd like to see the reactions myself..
Here's a good one.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=191

Mikey 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2014, 10:44 AM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Jesus christ have a drink and relax because you're being ****ing ridiculous right now. Forsberg slipped because he mentioned that he might not come over at all. Maatta was hit and miss, Ceci I don't think will ever reach his potential. Koekkoek wasn't a bad choice - wasn't the best, and they're taking a gamble on him, but hes a great kid with a great work ethic, excellent skater, great passer. You're ******** on a kid without even seeing him.

As for picking a goaltender, you'll be eating **** in 3 years.
And this is why Still All In's word is gold in these parts.

Old
06-11-2014, 02:07 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

An interview with Vasilevskiy, google translated. Click the link to see the rest.

https://translate.googleusercontent....-kly4V7rUu9jsg
Quote:
You're going out of the club, which was your second home. Well, maybe it will remain as such for you. Still, with what feelings you leave the club and what words of gratitude you can find addresses of their now former partners, management of the club and the fans?

- Leaving the hometown club, who played for his entire life. Here I started my professional career and that was one and a half years. But we must move on. It would not have liked, but the NHL today, the best hockey league in the world. We have to go until name. I am grateful to all the fans who have supported me, even when I have something worked. People came after the games, cheering. Many thanks to the charity fund "Ural", which sponsors the club team. Thanks to him, "Salavat Yulaev" - a top club with good players. The fund also believed in me, when they put the first number. So a big thank you to the fund "Ural", the club and all the fans.
Quote:
What are your plans for the next two weeks, maybe a month?

- On June 17th, I'm going to Ottawa. I would do it with their personal trainers to prepare for camp newcomers "Tampa", which will take place on July 1. Week will stay in the camp. Then come back to Ottawa. From there, fly to Cuba, rest for ten days. Further back to Ottawa to work, with the coaches and prepare for the main camp "Tampa".
Quote:
You're quite young player, only 19 years old. Does you have some sense of youthful enthusiasm that's going overseas, to the NHL? After all, there is another atmosphere, another world, everything else.

- Yes, of course! This has been a dream since childhood, when I was a kid always watched on television or on the internet all that is associated with the NHL. Then I thought, and I think it's such an Everest that seemed never reach. And then, here goes 5-6 years and I gather the first contract. And this dream begins to slowly come true. But this is only the beginning. To become someone very much need to plow and I will try to do everything that depends on me to be not just any promising player who remained promising, but to become eminent in the NHL.
Quote:
What is the main task now is for you overseas?

- (Thinking). Probably foothold at the base of the new team. First we camp newcomers main camp and then, of course, need to show yourself in them that coaches understand your attitude, to show their best side. They give you a chance to play in the first team immediately, not three, four months, six months or a year. Not sent to the farm team. So yes, the task: to show off this season and a foothold in the "Tampa". Naturally quickly adapt and adjust to American life.
Quote:
In the last season of "Salavat" you have virtually no competition. The NHL is a different picture. Still, the main goalkeeper and Bishop - a figure known, and Latvian Gudlievskis - though where the guy. After all, it will be difficult to beat them, to be better.

- Well, in "Salavat" competition was too. Alexei Volkov and Vladimir Sohatsky goalkeepers are very good and well performed their matches that they trusted. Therefore, competition is always good. As for the competition in the "Tampa", it helps not to relax. That is, when there came to relax, you have no competitors and suddenly there is a boy and "eats" you for a month. Therefore, when there is competition, you look at someone making a big bet, you start to work even harder to beat him. Competition is a great incentive to work.

TheDaysOf 04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2014, 02:16 PM
angelsil
On Thin Ice

Quote:
From there, fly to Cuba, rest for ten days.
Better not spend any American money there or he could get in trouble.

angelsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2014, 05:08 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
And this is why Still All In's word is gold in these parts.
I read that quote and for some reason I felt like it was directed at something I posted in that thread and I went and looked and sure enough it was.

Although I didn't say anything bad about Vasilevskiy. I actually said I liked him out of all the goalie prospects. I just didn't like the approach of the draft in the situation we were currently in. I did rip Koekkoek but more so because I thought there were better players on the board, not that he was a bad player. And so far, I've been right seeing as we could have had Matta or a few other players that are already making a big impact in the NHL. And Slater is in rehab, again.

For the record I like KK, he has good skills but his injury history is a concern and I still think better players were there, exactly like I did with Connolly and fowler.

As for Vasi, always liked him, wasnt sure about taking him when we did, but I won't lie, I'm glad we did.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2014, 05:56 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
I read that quote and for some reason I felt like it was directed at something I posted in that thread and I went and looked and sure enough it was.

Although I didn't say anything bad about Vasilevskiy. I actually said I liked him out of all the goalie prospects. I just didn't like the approach of the draft in the situation we were currently in. I did rip Koekkoek but more so because I thought there were better players on the board, not that he was a bad player. And so far, I've been right seeing as we could have had Matta or a few other players that are already making a big impact in the NHL. And Slater is in rehab, again.

For the record I like KK, he has good skills but his injury history is a concern and I still think better players were there, exactly like I did with Connolly and fowler.

As for Vasi, always liked him, wasnt sure about taking him when we did, but I won't lie, I'm glad we did.
I wasn't trying to call you out man I just saw SAI's post and he was dead on from draft day. My bad

Edit: Also, I, and many others, shared your opinions back then. You certainly weren't the only one.

Old
06-12-2014, 11:10 PM
AimForTopCheddar
04 Bolts/Flames!

vCash: 1566
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post

Honestly I was in the same position as you were. I was quite livid when we passed on Maatta TWICE. Hindsight is 20/20 but looking back at it, even our biggest KK supporter would've taken Maatta if given the chance.

His and Forsberg's drops were truly something to scratch your head about. I don't understand how so many teams would just change their opinion about him so quickly when he was touted as a top 10 by many teams just hours before hand.

KK while being a good player is a prime example of why you should select the BPA which was Maatta when KK was taken.

AimForTopCheddar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2014, 11:26 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimForTopCheddar View Post
Honestly I was in the same position as you were. I was quite livid when we passed on Maatta TWICE. Hindsight is 20/20 but looking back at it, even our biggest KK supporter would've taken Maatta if given the chance.

His and Forsberg's drops were truly something to scratch your head about. I don't understand how so many teams would just change their opinion about him so quickly when he was touted as a top 10 by many teams just hours before hand.

KK while being a good player is a prime example of why you should select the BPA which was Maatta when KK was taken.
I get Maatta has NHL experience now while Slater has had some shoulder issues, but to say that Maatta is definitely the better player sounds foolish to me. Same as saying MacKinnon is definitely better than Drouin because he has played in the NHL.

Maatta is a fine player, but I don't see the prodigy that everyone else does. There's a reason Slater was rated to go top 10 before his injury, give the man a chance.

Edit: But most of all, let's stop talking about Maatta as if he's god's gift to hockey. Like I said, fine player but not what everyone is making him out to be.

Old
06-12-2014, 11:41 PM
AimForTopCheddar
04 Bolts/Flames!

vCash: 1566
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
I get Maatta has NHL experience now while Slater has had some shoulder issues, but to say that Maatta is definitely the better player sounds foolish to me. Same as saying MacKinnon is definitely better than Drouin because he has played in the NHL.

Maatta is a fine player, but I don't see the prodigy that everyone else does. There's a reason Slater was rated to go top 10 before his injury, give the man a chance.

Edit: But most of all, let's stop talking about Maatta as if he's god's gift to hockey. Like I said, fine player but not what everyone is making him out to be.
Doesn't sound that foolish to me at all really. Maatta was rated the BPA at 10 by many reputable scouts until that surprising drop. Until proven otherwise, I think it is pretty safe to say MacKinnon and Maatta is definitely better than Drouin and KK despite how much I like both prospects. There is no guarantee that Drouin and KK pan out but at least MacKinnon and Maatta have shown the ability to succeed in the NHL which is worth a lot more than potential that is derived from a lesser league when similar age however there are situations where this isn't true.

No where in my post did I suggest that KK isn't a great prospect for us but with hindsight I'd much rather have Maatta at this point.

Trust me, I believe Maatta is overrated as well but you can't doubt his potential to be a great top 4 D-Man. We would act the same if he was our prospect.

AimForTopCheddar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2014, 11:48 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimForTopCheddar View Post
Doesn't sound that foolish to me at all really. Maatta was rated the BPA at 10 by many reputable scouts until that surprising drop. Until proven otherwise, I think it is pretty safe to say MacKinnon and Maatta is definitely better than Drouin and KK despite how much I like both prospects. There is no guarantee that Drouin and KK pan out but at least MacKinnon and Maatta have shown the ability to succeed in the NHL which is worth a lot more than potential that is derived from a lesser league when similar age however there are situations where this isn't true.

No where in my post did I suggest that KK isn't a great prospect for us but with hindsight I'd much rather have Maatta at this point.

Trust me, I believe Maatta is overrated as well but you can't doubt his potential to be a great top 4 D-Man. We would act the same if he was our prospect.
Maatta is a fine prospect and he will be a good to very good defenseman for years, but KK could very well be the same. To be honest, I would rather have Slater and I believe there is a reason that YzerMurray chose him with Maatta on the board.

Old
06-13-2014, 12:47 AM
Cigar City

Very much need to plow.

Cigar City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 04:14 PM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
sounds so humble such a great kid just wow!!

http://thehockeywriters.com/an-inter...i-vasilevskiy/

robertguess2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 06:00 PM
zeykshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguess2013 View Post

Does sound like a good kid. Glad to see he enjoys reading fiction too.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 04:49 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguess2013 View Post

Thank you for reading, did you enjoy the interview?

07-01-2014, 05:28 AM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
Thank you for reading, did you enjoy the interview?
ya and really glad we have a few russians to help him move forward!!

robertguess2013 is offline   Reply With Quote