HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

DD saves the day! No, really!

Old
12-21-2013, 11:10 PM
NateTheGr8

vCash: 291
Gf is unteall

NateTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2013, 11:21 PM
MarkovsKnee

vCash: 500
Well, I'm glad Habs got a win heading into their Christmas break even if it was ugly. Still a lot of work to do with this team. They should get some practice time and a chance to heal for some of the walking wounded, like Gorges and maybe even Prust.

I'm sure that's why they sat Gorges tonight. This gives him 8 days off to heal.

While DD gets a lot of stick around here, we need better performances from Bourque, Emelin, and Prust if we're going to do anything over the 2nd half of the schedule.

Our D is now a trouble spot with Emelin and Diaz struggling, Murray a possession black hole, and Cube, while playing well tonight, is not someone to be trusted night after night. We need Gorges back.

Anyways, Merry Christmas everyone.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2013, 11:27 PM
RonFournier

i SaY TreADe HiM NoW TaHT HIs veLUe iZ HihG FuR CrUsBy, ImAGiN oUr fiST LiNe :

PaTchOrety-CrUzBy-GAlagEr

Dd SuCk lul TrAeDe HiM NeoW BerGeVIN hE MaKE TeAM LoOse

RonFournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2013, 11:36 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
It all depends on the point of view, you can say:

- Desharnais made that play that won us the game

OR

- How in the hell we needed that goal in the first place, with a 3-0 lead against a team without a great offensive and look the way we did after the first period.
Do you ever give Desharnais props? It's hard to take your opinion seriously when you never say anything good about him.

I'm a little bias towards Desharnais because I started following him when he was in the ECHL and posted a thread while he was still in the ECHL, but even I admit when he sucks (granted it usually takes me a couple games longer than others but whatever).

But I don't know if I've ever seen you say one positive thing about him, even whe he's playing well. If he's playing well, you usually just comment on the team. If he sucks, you're the first to jump on him.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2013, 11:42 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Good for DD, glad to see him putting up some points.

Listened to most of the 3rd period on XM radio from the Nashville feed and they basically said that Nashville dominated for 2 and a half periods and that Montreal capitalized on Nashville mistakes. According to them we had no business winning this game. To their credit they said that the tying goal was on a play that should've been penalized so the Preds can't really cry on the winning one.

Anyways... nice for us to pull out the W and nice for DD to get the win for us.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 01:48 AM
madhi19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
I don't know if I'm more shocked that DD shot or scored. Maybe both.

Probably Karma tho. Nashville got away with on there tying goal.

Still wasn't a good game by really anyone. MT will be giddy as can be but it's his coaching that's hindering the team.

This type of play will have them missing the playoffs
Have you seen the rest of the East play? As bad as the Habs lows was this season it was not that bad.

madhi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 02:12 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
I'm not surprised DD shot the puck; he simply had nobody to pass to.

With the defender falling/tripped to the ice, DD had a clear lane to fire the puck. It was the only real play to make, it was a nice shot and DD caught the goalie on a bad angle.

A bit of luck? Sure. He made the right play though and it came off a play where he battled for the puck and won.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 02:22 AM
Habsoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post

With the defender falling/tripped to the ice, DD had a clear lane to fire the puck. It was the only real play to make, it was a nice shot and DD caught the goalie on a bad angle.

A bit of luck? Sure. He made the right play though and it came off a play where he battled for the puck and won.
If he would battle for pucks like that even when he's not producing points!
I dont think too many here would be on the trade DD wagon!

Habsoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 03:25 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post

I actually think DD has a nice shot, I wish he would use it more, it would give a nice option to his line.
I think he has as good a shot as Plekanec. Imagine if Plek always tried to pass..

DD isn't a bad offensive tool, he just needs to expand his arsenal. A career shooting percentage of almost 15%. He should shoot more. Then again, maybe if he shot more his percentage would drop, but still, I think his shot is good. He should use it more often.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 03:26 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsoil View Post
If he would battle for pucks like that even when he's not producing points!
I dont think too many here would be on the trade DD wagon!
I think we should trade him no matter what unless we move him to the wing. Our centers have to be Gal-Plek-Eller moving forward. That's just the way it should be.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 05:56 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgeezus View Post
Less Desharnais, more Bourque! SIZEEEE!!!!1
Yea sure use the most worthless player in our line-up to support your argument.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 06:25 AM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Yea sure use the most worthless player in our line-up to support your argument.
The Habs must have a lot of little fans , they want moar tiny players .

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 06:47 AM
Saintpatrick

Davey boy does it again to win a game for us. That's two games he's won for us in OT/SO.

Saintpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 06:53 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
The Habs must have a lot of little fans , they want moar tiny players .
There is also a fairly large amount of them obviously trying to compensate for something it seems.

Anyways Bourque is far worse than Desharnais at this point, what has he even done this season? In fact, Desharnais has been one of our best players lately (he's closing in on Gallagher and Eller, only 3 points away), he's playing well, like 2 years ago, because he does have talent. Perception of him reaaally suffered because he entered the season in a slump.

Bourque? Well he just sucks, always has since he's here except for a few games (after which he got injured, AGAIN). I mean he's not a complete liability defensively sure, he's not good either. He produces no offense too, he's just there. He doesn't really hit, he doesn't really fights and nobody is scared of him. Basically Latendresse that isn't french, so nobody cares (there would be a hate festival going on here if he were, guaranteed 100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintpatrick
Davey boy does it again to win a game for us. That's two games he's won for us in OT/SO.
I kind of feel bad for losing faith in him - I thought he'd have to be traded to bounce back but it seems he's able to bring it together with us. Good stuff.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 06:56 AM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
It all depends on the point of view, you can say:

- Desharnais made that play that won us the game

OR

- How in the hell we needed that goal in the first place, with a 3-0 lead against a team without a great offensive and look the way we did after the first period.
1 word, Murray. His slow ass was responsible for the first 2 goals scored last night.

Old
12-22-2013, 07:06 AM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
There is also a fairly large amount of them obviously trying to compensate for something it seems.

Anyways Bourque is far worse than Desharnais at this point, what has he even done this season? In fact, Desharnais has been one of our best players lately (he's closing in on Gallagher and Eller, only 3 points away), he's playing well, like 2 years ago, because he does have talent. Perception of him reaaally suffered because he entered the season in a slump.

Bourque? Well he just sucks, always has since he's here except for a few games (after which he got injured, AGAIN). I mean he's not a complete liability defensively sure, he's not good either. He produces no offense too, he's just there. He doesn't really hit, he doesn't really fights and nobody is scared of him. Basically Latendresse that isn't french, so nobody cares (there would be a hate festival going on here if he were, guaranteed 100%)

I kind of feel bad for losing faith in him - I thought he'd have to be traded to bounce back but it seems he's able to bring it together with us. Good stuff.
Big body no heart.

Old
12-22-2013, 07:28 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Good for DD, glad to see him putting up some points.

Listened to most of the 3rd period on XM radio from the Nashville feed and they basically said that Nashville dominated for 2 and a half periods and that Montreal capitalized on Nashville mistakes. According to them we had no business winning this game. To their credit they said that the tying goal was on a play that should've been penalized so the Preds can't really cry on the winning one.

Anyways... nice for us to pull out the W and nice for DD to get the win for us.
Some of the best stories are about redemption. Unless you carry around an irrational hatred of DD, it's good to see him overcoming that mountain of dismissal. I'm happy for the guy, especially after all the crap he's taken.

The game illustrated two things: 1) It's not the size of Desharnais or any of our small players that's the problem, it's the fact that there are too many of them on the same team. Gallagher and a motivated Desharnais -- okay, but five small guys? That won't work.

And 2) Much of our problems and solutions are mental. Our team's recent tail-tucking for half the game, followed by surges of energy, DD's explosion last night, the awful coverage in our zone -- in all cases, nothing changes except concentration and motivation. Look at Plekanec and watch a guy whose mental toughness keeps him jumping and effective in every game. Look at Price and see a guy whose mental toughness has been the difference between his past problems and his current elite season. If the young guys can master this, it'll be worth more than any trade.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 08:00 AM
brian70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Do you ever give Desharnais props? It's hard to take your opinion seriously when you never say anything good about him.

I'm a little bias towards Desharnais because I started following him when he was in the ECHL and posted a thread while he was still in the ECHL, but even I admit when he sucks (granted it usually takes me a couple games longer than others but whatever).

But I don't know if I've ever seen you say one positive thing about him, even whe he's playing well. If he's playing well, you usually just comment on the team. If he sucks, you're the first to jump on him.
I'll give you props. You are bias towards Desharnais but I saw objectivity in your posts. I also take into consideration the hate DD gets on these boards to justify some of the exaggeration from either you or some other posters (including the one who mentioned Eller was bad in playoffs). David made an outstanding play last night to win the game and he should be praised no matter what.

brian70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 08:45 AM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
he saves the day YET AGAIN

he's literally The Dark Knight.
The Dark Knat

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 08:48 AM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

Just realized Murray was on the ice for all 3 goals against... Not surprising, I guess

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 08:57 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Gionta looks very desinterested. I wonder why?
He isn't as fast as he was. Two bicep injuries to both arms makes him even weaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
I love how you try to tell us that DD was useless except for that play that won us the game and a couple of other plays.

Newsflash: Most offensive players don't create a scoring chance every ****ing time they hit the ice (unless your name is crosby/malkin/etc). Offensive players create a few scoring chances for themselves or other players during the game and capitalize on these few chances.

DD was not too detrimental to the team when not scoring to make his contribution usless.

Also, that seqence by Gionta was pretty frustrating, but that's a brainfart. All that it is. He thought Plekanec was going for the point and then realized he was supposed cover it.
DD wasn't the best in the defensive zone, either. Unfortunately, for most of the game, Briere, Bourque and Eller were our best line. That's sad, considering Briere and Bourque are too dud players who shouldn't even be on this team. The team needs players who can win puck battles and not ice it all the time.

The defense was atrocious all over. Murray being a number 5, or Bouillon... Not good. Therrien is slightly an idiot. Bouillon wasn't the worst, but he wasn't the best. He looked better than the last time he was in. I guess that's what Therrien meant ?

It's a good thing Therrien doesn't treat all players the same, or else DD would have been benched for taking a stupid penalty and the habs getting scored on like Briere.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 09:00 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Just realized Murray was on the ice for all 3 goals against... Not surprising, I guess
Before condemning Murray, I'd like to see who was covering who. I'm not sure about this, but at least two goals were because a Nashville forward was left wide open in the slot, and I don't think either was Murray's assignment.

This kind of bad coverage has haunted us throughout the season and been responsible for a few game-losing goals. We're either being out-skated, out-muscled or, most often, simply out of position. Murray's made his share of dumb errors, but it's a chronic team illness.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 09:02 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Just because he was on the ice, don't mean he was responsible for the goals against.
It was ugly but aw well, getting used to this.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Prendan Brust

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Just because he was on the ice, don't mean he was responsible for the goals against.
Murray is at -11 after only 21 games played. Consistent with what we see on the ice. He's a liability on the ice. He has to be replaced as fast as possible.

I understand the habs need a bit of toughness on the blue line but not at this cost.

Prendan Brust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 09:25 AM
pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Habs been outscored 14-1 when Murray is on the ice.

This is not a joke. It's pathetic really.

pine is offline   Reply With Quote