HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Abdelkader

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2005, 10:21 AM
HeHateMeFrisbee

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to HeHateMeFrisbee Send a message via Yahoo to HeHateMeFrisbee
Abdelkader

I watched this kid a bunch in highschool. Now this is before his junior coach helped him become better, but this is my take:

Extremely talented offensively, terrorized defenses. Very fast. To me he seemed to only want to play offense, and not really help out on D. However, i hear that his junior coach has helped him become a better player all around.

I think we took a damn good player in him. I remember thinking at the time, this is going to be a player man. Im happy the Wings got him.

Old
07-31-2005, 06:12 PM
Erack82

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Erack82
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHateMeFrisbee
I watched this kid a bunch in highschool. Now this is before his junior coach helped him become better, but this is my take:

Extremely talented offensively, terrorized defenses. Very fast. To me he seemed to only want to play offense, and not really help out on D. However, i hear that his junior coach has helped him become a better player all around.

I think we took a damn good player in him. I remember thinking at the time, this is going to be a player man. Im happy the Wings got him.
Least I remind you Abdelkader absolutely dissapeared during the playoffs, even if he wasn't scoring points I would hope he would do something productive but that didn't happen which concerns me. 0 goals in 11 games. No spark, no nothing, completely different player from the regular season. While he stood out during the regular season and displayed above average skills...taking him in the second round is still high despite his rankings IMO. I guess it is better than taking another player from Sweden where here Detroit can closely monitor his progress.

Old
07-31-2005, 06:16 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHateMeFrisbee

No offense, but this ain't Boston or Minnesota.

Michigan High School Hockey sucks.

Closed Thread