HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie to Atlanta?

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2003, 12:21 PM
Asiaoil

vCash: 500
Comrie to Atlanta?

With Heatley now out because of his unfortunate accident - I wonder if this makes a Comrie trade to Atlanta more or less likely? Atlanta will certainly miss Heatley's offense and MC could offset his loss to some degree. How about MC and Henrich for Stefan and Exelby?

Old
09-30-2003, 12:33 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Well, Heatley escaped with a broken jaw...which isn't too serious. Its possible jailtime that could really throw a wrench into things.

I think Atlanta will wait it out to see whats the deal with Heatley first. But in terms of the trade....I think I might do it.

Old
09-30-2003, 01:13 PM
Oilers Hockey

Atlanta's GM won't be at the meeting...so...I dunno.

Old
09-30-2003, 01:28 PM
jofa

You know, I had the same thought when I heard of the accident, as the Thrashers have been identified as a potential trade partner for Comrie in the past. However, as others have mentioned, I don’t think Atlanta will make any moves right away, as they really need to figure out what the hell is going to happen with Heatley. Snyder was also a likely candidate for 3rd/4th line center, so that could be a blow as well in terms of depth.

This could really end up being unfortunate for everyone, as Atlanta was a team ready to make big steps this season, and Heatley is one of the brightest young stars in the game. His four goals in the all-star game were incredible, and hopefully this doesn’t impact his spot on the Olympic team.

As for trades, if one were to happen after this mini-trade freeze, I would hope Edmonton could get a return that involved Coburn and/or Stefan. Not a huge Stefan fan, but he has the tools to be much better than he is. Coburn should be a stud on D, but could be a few years away from making the NHL.

Old
09-30-2003, 01:50 PM
FacelessButcher

I think the Atlanta organization is too high on Coburn and to a lesser extent Exelby to want to move them without gratuitous overpayment maybe we should look in the direction of Safronov + Stefan for Comrie.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:14 PM
jofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
I think the Atlanta organization is too high on Coburn and to a lesser extent Exelby to want to move them without gratuitous overpayment maybe we should look in the direction of Safronov + Stefan for Comrie.
What do you know about Safronov. I've heard the name, but don't know anything else about the player.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:27 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofa
What do you know about Safronov. I've heard the name, but don't know anything else about the player.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_b...25&hubName=ATL

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=397

That's really about all I know and he did not make the starting roster in Atlanta this year but is expected to get some call ups hes not as good as Exelby and is from Russia as opposed to Saksatchewan. Still a good prospect although he won't have an immediate impact here but we should not have to give up more than Comrie and possibly a low pick for him and Stephan. U will also notice that tsn states he is not a power play quarter back but hockey futures states he is.

I would not mind a trade of Kurtis Foster + 1st pick for Comrie which if Atlanta has a bad season will get us in the Ovechkin derby.

P.S. Kurtis Foster his best known for his size(6ft5) and he is supposed to have a howitzer of a shot.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:32 PM
Oilhitch

Safronov is 22. He's 6-2 225lbs. He was a prospect in the Pheonix organization. he only played 32 games with Atlanta last year. He does skate well, which fits into Edmonton's game.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:54 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by chit94
Safronov is 22. He's 6-2 225lbs. He was a prospect in the Pheonix organization. he only played 32 games with Atlanta last year. He does skate well, which fits into Edmonton's game.

Hmm a 6'2 225 pound 22 year old d-man who was good enough to bea 1st rounder seems pretty good to me. I noticed that except for last year with Atlanta he was a + player in every season which seems pretty good to me. How about Stefan and Safronov for Comrie. We get 2 players who can step in and play for us right now and who are young with potential. I like this idea.

Old
09-30-2003, 09:56 PM
GorillazXL

that's a cool avatar Jofa... Good 'ol Alpha Flights.

GXL

Old
10-01-2003, 05:50 AM
hunter orange

I've been plugging this deal for a long time...Comrie and Henrich will not fetch Stefan and "X" and shouldn't. With Heatley out, Atlanta will likely be looking to add offensive depth, but at what price to their defence? Stefan is their best 2-way player up front and "X" looks like he'll be a good one and a lock on the 2nd or 3rd pairing.

If Comrie and __?___ does land us Stefan and Exelby, we'll have to throw in a guy with a bit of experience and a solid two-way game. Moreau appeared to be the right guy, but his new contract is evidence that Lowe has long term plans for Ethan. Chimera has decent trade value and could be a good match for this deal, but his defensive liabilities would make him an unattractive prospect for Atlanta.

Enter Pisani or Rita... Either one of these guys could and should attract Atlanta in a Stefan/Exelby deal. Should Atlanta insist on Rita, we'd likely get a pick along with the duo coming back to Edmonton.

Realistic suggestions:

Comrie & Pisani ------ for ------ Stefan & Exelby

Comrie & Rita ------ for Stefan, Exelby, 4th (or a 3rd if we're lucky)

Comrie & Reasoner ------ for Stefan, Exelby & 3rd

** I do, however, see little chance of the Oil parting with Reasoner in the third proposal.

Old
10-01-2003, 06:42 AM
jofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillazXL
that's a cool avatar Jofa... Good 'ol Alpha Flights.

GXL
Thanks GorillazXL - Just changed to the new avatar yesterday, so I think I'll keep it a while. Maybe I'll keep the theme and switch over to Puck and Northstar after a while! Ah, good ol' Alpha Flight.

Old
10-01-2003, 06:54 AM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter orange
I've been plugging this deal for a long time...Comrie and Henrich will not fetch Stefan and "X" and shouldn't.
Hmm... I might be the only one, but if Comrie alone doesn't get us both, I don't do it. There's no way I'd throw in Reasoner, Pisani, or especially Rita on top. I think Stefan could do pretty well in Edmonton, but I don't see how his trade value would be all that high. Exelby would be nice too, but with the way MacTavish likes Ferguson so much, I'm not sure how much he would play. It seems like an okay deal for Comrie, but personally, I'd stop there.

Old
10-01-2003, 11:28 AM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_b...25&hubName=ATL

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=397

That's really about all I know and he did not make the starting roster in Atlanta this year but is expected to get some call ups hes not as good as Exelby and is from Russia as opposed to Saksatchewan. Still a good prospect although he won't have an immediate impact here but we should not have to give up more than Comrie and possibly a low pick for him and Stephan. U will also notice that tsn states he is not a power play quarter back but hockey futures states he is.

I would not mind a trade of Kurtis Foster + 1st pick for Comrie which if Atlanta has a bad season will get us in the Ovechkin derby.

P.S. Kurtis Foster his best known for his size(6ft5) and he is supposed to have a howitzer of a shot.
Even if Atlanta wouldn't end up with the 1st-round pick (say it's 3rd or 4th overall instead), Lowe could still flip that high pick + someone to get 1st overall, perhaps... (??)

Bart

Old
10-01-2003, 11:56 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by barto
Even if Atlanta wouldn't end up with the 1st-round pick (say it's 3rd or 4th overall instead), Lowe could still flip that high pick + someone to get 1st overall, perhaps... (??)

Bart
Not likely unless it was a Lindros style trade Ovechkin is getting tons of hype and is supposed to be the one of the best to ever come from Russia. here two clippings for u

[Ovechkin is a big, fancy skater with spectacular stickhandling skills. He has exceptional maturity and understanding of the game for a kid his age.
According to a scout, "Alex is a player who could be unreal. He makes defenses get that deer in the headlights look everytime he touches the puck". He also adds, "(Ovechkin) likely will adapt better than any of the others. Talent-wise, he is in the top 5 in the world... so far. He can score at will. He also has size, and could grow to 6'4" before he is drafted. Just a great combination of a player. I guess he is a more rounded and filled out version of Joe Thornton. (Ovechkin) will get lots of attention and could go first or second overall."]

[It is interesting to point out that Ovechkin, at 16, is already contributing in the Superleague, as Kovalchuk dominated with Spartak Moscow of the High League last year. And it is no secret that the two leagues don't even compare in playing style. The High League to the Superleague is like the AHL to the NHL.]

That last ones real scary how could he be that much better than Kovalchuk who is one of the best in the league at only 16yrs. old?

Closed Thread