HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 36: Blues @ Flames 7PM CST "Danger Zone"

Old
12-23-2013, 11:57 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
I don't think I would beat up anyone on a shoot out. Even the slickest move is a breeze if the goalie somehow anticipates it. Lehtera has one of the sickest highlights, but if it failed it would've looked really bad.
Shootouts are all mind games in my experience. Other time it's just luck.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 12:06 AM
stlblues23*

Pathetic. Can't lose games like this

stlblues23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 12:13 AM
Fred Murtz

David Backes kneeing on Matt Stajan

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 12:16 AM
stlblues23*

Any video of Berglund penalty?

stlblues23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 12:36 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeisenBackes View Post
This is slightly harsh.
They didn't have a good angle on that view, but it didn't look like Backes moved his knee towards Stajan's knee. I don't think there will be any suspension.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 12:43 AM
The Grouch
Enraged

I don't see anything wrong with that Backes hit. Though I do wish for Stajan's sake it wouldn't have happened. It looks like Backes had Stajan lined up for a standard hit, once Stajan deviates from his course Backes doesn't move his lower body towards Stajan at all. It's Backes' right leg that seems to be extended, his left leg(the leg that makes contact with Stajan) is firmly underneath Backes holding the brunt of his weight.

The Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 01:28 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Blues account just tweeted that Schwartz has 16 points in his last 15 games. That kid is such a stud. That Parise comparison might not be too far off. I could definitely see him hitting 55-60 points this year.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 01:45 AM
Stopsight

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Blues account just tweeted that Schwartz has 16 points in his last 15 games. That kid is such a stud. That Parise comparison might not be too far off. I could definitely see him hitting 55-60 points this year.
the future is bright

Stopsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 01:59 AM
stlblues9

vCash: 5762
If Backes is suspended for at least one game and no one comes back from an injury, Blues are going to get smoked against Chicago.

Schwartz Berglund Oshie
Morrow Roy Stewart
MPS Lapierre Tarasenko
Jaskin Porter Cracknell

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 02:45 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Awesome. The ol' Canada collapse.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 03:25 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
He's better than Parise right now IMO. I've been on the Wartz bandwagon from day (formerly mind the gap)

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 04:00 AM
BlueDream

Backes better not get suspended. That is not suspension worthy whatsoever after some of the other plays I've seen go without any further discipline. The penalty was enough.

Also, this game was a ****** ending obviously but Brenden Morrow and Derek Roy are definitely growing on me. I like them.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 05:51 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Colaiacovo needs to be captioned "Brett" or "Mr. Bloodmobile."

Lapierre is "Big Dumb Idiot" or "Jerkins."

The Blackhawks are Barry.

I don't know which one is Rabbert Klein.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 07:02 AM
Fred Murtz

Full overtime

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 07:22 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

After reviewing both power play goals, I'm disappointed in the positioning of both forwards. I'm not sure why Oshie is cheating to the middle or the other side on the second goal, if you are playing a box. He left two people wide open on his side as he and Backes both closed on the puck handler. On the first goal, I don't understand why he is giving Giordano so much space. If you back off of him, then he has more room to make a play. As an X's and O's guy, The O needs to tighten up things a bit. Did he maybe take a shot earlier in the game that made him timid to the point man?

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 10:57 AM
ExJbeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
After reviewing both power play goals, I'm disappointed in the positioning of both forwards. I'm not sure why Oshie is cheating to the middle or the other side on the second goal, if you are playing a box. He left two people wide open on his side as he and Backes both closed on the puck handler. On the first goal, I don't understand why he is giving Giordano so much space. If you back off of him, then he has more room to make a play. As an X's and O's guy, The O needs to tighten up things a bit. Did he maybe take a shot earlier in the game that made him timid to the point man?
Our best players had terrible positioning last night defensively and No, im not calling Berglund one of our best players. X and O wise, as far as position was concernced, Petro was there, but he didn't look good at all. Normally he is doing more. Compacting his slide in the last 5 seconds with the terrible positioning of the forwards and it's why we got scored on with 4 second remaining in the game.

Our Top 3 RW's all have trouble positionally in the defensive zone. Normally it doesn't haunt us, but we did lose this one. I can't understand why a winger ever goes below the top of the faceoff circle, it makes critical breakouts that much harder.

And Backes also didn't play a smart game last night and I wouldn't be surprised to see him suspended for a game, even though it's not likely.

I'm going to be putting a post in the Berglund thread about his terrible play, why I don't think he deserves playing time and why he won't be on our team after this season. I really question people who support his play on the ice.. I'm really not sure what anyone can see that would give people a reason to believe we can't ice better lineup (when healthy) without him in it.

ExJbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 01:53 PM
bluesman11
Robert Johnson

vCash: 300
Even when they were up 3-1, I wasn't that impressed with their play. It just seems that teams with speed give them some problems. They didn't deserve to win that game, the shootout looked like the game, like they'd already had started their break.

In a game like this there's really no point to put the blame on certain individuals, because they were all pretty bad.

Also, I really hate those little guys on Calgary.

bluesman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 06:18 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Note in Ky View Post
Lot like the Winnipeg game.
This.

I could care less if the 'note have 7 regulation losses. Games like this and the October game in Winnipeg could be all the difference in winning the division and seeding in the 1st round of the Playoffs. You can't give 2 points when in both instances you have a 3-1 lead more then 1/2 way thru the ing final period.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 08:00 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExJbeck View Post
Our best players had terrible positioning last night defensively and No, im not calling Berglund one of our best players. X and O wise, as far as position was concernced, Petro was there, but he didn't look good at all. Normally he is doing more. Compacting his slide in the last 5 seconds with the terrible positioning of the forwards and it's why we got scored on with 4 second remaining in the game.

Our Top 3 RW's all have trouble positionally in the defensive zone. Normally it doesn't haunt us, but we did lose this one. I can't understand why a winger ever goes below the top of the faceoff circle, it makes critical breakouts that much harder.

And Backes also didn't play a smart game last night and I wouldn't be surprised to see him suspended for a game, even though it's not likely.

I'm going to be putting a post in the Berglund thread about his terrible play, why I don't think he deserves playing time and why he won't be on our team after this season. I really question people who support his play on the ice.. I'm really not sure what anyone can see that would give people a reason to believe we can't ice better lineup (when healthy) without him in it.
The whole team plays bad and you blame Berglund? Seriously?

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 08:35 PM
ExJbeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
The whole team plays bad and you blame Berglund? Seriously?
If you're only going to read what you want to read don't bother.

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 12-25-2013 at 01:26 PM. Reason: flame
ExJbeck is offline   Reply With Quote