HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#38 - 12/23/13 | Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-23-2013, 04:45 PM
  #76
Machinehead
Don't Krei
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Corsi Nerd Thinktank
Country: United States
Posts: 61,989
vCash: 50
We played tough against the Flames and won and we didn't take any **** last night either and won. We didn't let Pitt push us around and we got a point.

Aside from Dorsett, we didn't show up physically against the Islanders and lost.

We need to bring the body tonight, it makes us a different team.

__________________

Pump it up Puempel!!
Machinehead is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 04:57 PM
  #77
Wolfy*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 4,605
vCash: 500
One more concussion for Nash, and his career might be over. I guess thats why he's being very "careful" these days.

Wolfy* is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 05:00 PM
  #78
nikonsniper*
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I'm not big into discussing "intangibles" in sports, but I think you're right. In 11-12 guys like Girardi and Cally led the team, by example and in the locker room. This year it just doesn't seem like they have the same impact.
What do Ryan Callahan, Dan Girardi, and Henrik Lundqvist have in common? Besides their poor play?

They all have young chlidren/babies at home.

I blame the kids. Dump the kids and they will be better focused on what is really important: hockey.

nikonsniper* is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 05:19 PM
  #79
KingStian
Registered User
 
KingStian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 985
vCash: 500
Fun fact about Zucc and tonights game. Today marks the three year anniversary of Zucc's NHL debut against Tampa Bay, which also means it's the three year anniversary of his first shootout goal.

KingStian is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 05:20 PM
  #80
SKS
Registered User
 
SKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikonsniper View Post
What do Ryan Callahan, Dan Girardi, and Henrik Lundqvist have in common? Besides their poor play?

They all have young chlidren/babies at home.

I blame the kids. Dump the kids and they will be better focused on what is really important: hockey.
One of the more politcally incorrect observations, but it may very well have some truth to it.

SKS is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 05:23 PM
  #81
Idlerlee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 145
I'm inclined to feel that I'd like to see Dorsett with the A and McDonagh with the C. A case can be made for Zucc as well obviously, but Dorsett steps up and takes one for the team more often than not

Idlerlee is online now  
Old
12-23-2013, 05:27 PM
  #82
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
One more concussion for Nash, and his career might be over. I guess thats why he's being very "careful" these days.
I feel like its Lindros Part 2 when it comes to nash. I thought after getting out of Columbus after all those years of losing he would be more motivated in a better hockey enviornment

JCrusher* is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 05:30 PM
  #83
Clausewitz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Country: Israel
Posts: 786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
One more concussion for Nash, and his career might be over. I guess thats why he's being very "careful" these days.
My sentiments exactly.

Still, though I'm not accusing you of suggesting this, being cautious does not warrant taking some shifts off -- which he seems to do. If he wants to help this team win -- and I'm sure he does -- he needs to adjust his style to his new circumstances. Granted, it's far easier said than done, but he needs to accept that he needs to adapt; opponents won't accommodate his situation. And it's not like he doesn't have the tools to adjust: he handles the puck well, skates well, and reads the game well. In other words: he would still make a solid finesse or (with work) two-way player.

Clausewitz is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 05:31 PM
  #84
theFiGS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 500
Leafs only have one more win than the rangers. I think we win this one 4-3
Goals by
Richards
J Moore
Boyle
Del zotto ( yeah I know )

theFiGS is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 05:33 PM
  #85
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clausewitz View Post
My sentiments exactly.

Still, though I'm not accusing you of suggesting this, being cautious does not warrant taking some shifts off -- which he seems to do. If he wants to help this team win -- and I'm sure he does -- he needs to adjust his style to his new circumstances. Granted, it's far easier said than done, but he needs to accept that he needs to adapt; opponents won't accommodate his situation. And it's not like he doesn't have the tools to adjust: he handles the puck well, skates well, and reads the game well. In other words: he would still make a solid finesse or (with work) two-way player.

I dont wnat the guy to get any permanent head injuries but he can still play physical without anything bad happening to him. I mean zucc kreider macdonough play physical all game and are fine. nash is so gifted that if he would put some extra effort he could score or get assists every game

JCrusher* is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 05:36 PM
  #86
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theFiGS View Post
Leafs only have one more win than the rangers. I think we win this one 4-3
Goals by
Richards
J Moore
Boyle
Del zotto ( yeah I know )

richards maybe but the other 3 have 5 goals combines do not sure about that lol

JCrusher* is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 05:42 PM
  #87
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlerlee View Post
I'm inclined to feel that I'd like to see Dorsett with the A and McDonagh with the C. A case can be made for Zucc as well obviously, but Dorsett steps up and takes one for the team more often than not


he wore it on the Jackets..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 05:46 PM
  #88
theFiGS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
richards maybe but the other 3 have 5 goals combines do not sure about that lol
Boyle always scores against the leafs for some reason. And I dunno why I picked the other 2

theFiGS is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 05:47 PM
  #89
Fire AV
CK is good at Hockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 20,270
vCash: 420
A few weeks ago people wanted Dorse waived.

Fire AV is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 05:48 PM
  #90
BlueshirtBlitz
Oscar Limburger
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 21,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nils2317 View Post
A few weeks ago people wanted Dorse waived.
He's not that good and I can't imagine he's that vocal in the locker room. I don't know how people think he should wear an A.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now  
Old
12-23-2013, 05:52 PM
  #91
theFiGS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
He's not that good and I can't imagine he's that vocal in the locker room. I don't know how people think he should wear an A.
I'm curious how vocal Richie is with the team. I feel like the most vocal one would be staal or Girardi besides hank obviously

theFiGS is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 05:53 PM
  #92
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Rangers win 5-3


Phaneuf knocks Nash out with a hit and the players just skate to the bench.. refs call too many men on Rangers..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 05:54 PM
  #93
I Am Classless
Registered User
 
I Am Classless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Falkland Islands
Posts: 3,137
vCash: 500
The polar ice caps melt, the oceans rise, the earth is bathed in fiery death, a single tear drips down God's cheek. Benoit Pouliot wears a letter.

I Am Classless is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 06:06 PM
  #94
Clausewitz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Country: Israel
Posts: 786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
I dont wnat the guy to get any permanent head injuries but he can still play physical without anything bad happening to him. I mean zucc kreider macdonough play physical all game and are fine. nash is so gifted that if he would put some extra effort he could score or get assists every game
You are absolutely right. Perhaps I should have clarified that by "playing physical game" I meant "throwing big hits" -- not just working along the boards. I'd expect any player with a frame like Nash's to work hard along the boards. For that matter, his initiating hits doesn't worry me; rather, it's the prospect of retribution that concerns me.

Clausewitz is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 06:10 PM
  #95
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikonsniper View Post
What do Ryan Callahan, Dan Girardi, and Henrik Lundqvist have in common? Besides their poor play?

They all have young chlidren/babies at home.

I blame the kids. Dump the kids and they will be better focused on what is really important: hockey.
It wouldn't be the first time that a conflict between work and family resulted in reduced productivity from a worker.

If that is the case, well, it's hard to blame them. I know for every person I've ever met, that their family comes first. It could be rough adapting to the lifestyle with a kid at home?

Grasping, I know.

Callagraves is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 06:11 PM
  #96
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagel Bites View Post
The polar ice caps melt, the oceans rise, the earth is bathed in fiery death, a single tear drips down God's cheek. Benoit Pouliot wears a letter.
I will vomit, literally, everywhere. It will cover the earth.

Callagraves is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 06:20 PM
  #97
TheTakedown
Puck is Life
 
TheTakedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 9,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post


he wore it on the Jackets..
Cally captain for sure

I could see Dorsett and Zucc with A's... Richards should keep his A. Could also see McD with an A, although I'm not sure how that would affect his play. He already runs the defense on his own

Nash absolutely does not deserve it

TheTakedown is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 06:20 PM
  #98
TheTakedown
Puck is Life
 
TheTakedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 9,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Rangers win 5-3


Phaneuf knocks Nash out with a hit and the players just skate to the bench.. refs call too many men on Rangers..
Maybe then Nash can rot on the LTIR and never come back?

TheTakedown is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 06:21 PM
  #99
Thirty One
k.
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,243
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by nils2317 View Post
A few weeks ago people wanted Dorse waived.
And last year people wanted to strip Richards of the A and give it to Nash...

Thirty One is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 06:26 PM
  #100
Idlerlee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by nils2317 View Post
A few weeks ago people wanted Dorse waived.
I was one of those that wanted Dorsett far away from this team during the first season games when he took stupid penalties like free money. He's made a massive turnaround though. Imo at least

Idlerlee is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.