HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Yeo Discussion #2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-24-2013, 02:14 PM
  #51
Lapa
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Lapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 6,861
vCash: 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala View Post
1/ Fire Mike Yeo, hire Phil Housley
2/ Hire Darcy Regier as special assistant to Chuck Fletcher
3/ Start warming up the trade rumours with Koivu and Brodziak's name at the top of the list
4/ See if we can get anything for Backstrom
5/ Suck bad for Ekblad?

Lapa is online now  
Old
12-24-2013, 02:54 PM
  #52
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location.
Country: United States
Posts: 34,581
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Doubtful. Everyone, including myself, were willing to give him a free pass. The team did not have enough time to train together. There were Coyle, Granlund, Zucker, Parise, Suter, Brodin, Konopka, Rupp all coming in/or out that year. Suter looked completely lost at first. Zach even admitted this year on 93X that he underestimated the travel (we were the #1 team for flier miles last year). There was just a lot that was out of his control.

This year, we saw the spark at the start of it that this team could be something special. And the wheels have essentially fallen off.
Actually a lot of us were calling for his head near the end of last season. If you recall, the first Mike Yeo thread was created then with the title "Grab your pitchforks and torches it's time for Yeo to go!", so not everyone was willing to give him the free pass.

I wasnt. I wanted him gone at the end of last season, even before the playoffs.

Avder is online now  
Old
12-24-2013, 03:14 PM
  #53
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1 View Post
Phil Housley why would you ever want another first time head coach. Soft player he was he would fit in that way seeing as you are going for the soft side you might as well get Modo as a assistant coach. They may have put up a lot of points but they never put up a fight! NEXT
Because a) he's from Minnesota b) he has had some success with kids c) he has a lot more experience (he's an assistant for Nashville this year).

Who cares if he's a soft player. As long as he can coach...

Here's some other names:

Paul Maurice
Scott Arniel
Guy Boucher
Mike Kitchen
Mike Keenan
Dale Hawerchuk
Todd Gill
Scott Walker
Bob Boughner

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 03:18 PM
  #54
kfan22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala View Post
Because a) he's from Minnesota b) he has had some success with kids c) he has a lot more experience (he's an assistant for Nashville this year).

Who cares if he's a soft player. As long as he can coach...
There is NO WAY Fletcher would hire another first timer with his next coach if he is the one hiring the next coach for the Minnesota Wild

kfan22 is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 03:20 PM
  #55
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfan22 View Post
There is NO WAY Fletcher would hire another first timer with his next coach if he is the one hiring the next coach for the Minnesota Wild
The problem is, there isn't a lot of great coaches out on the market. I guess we could kick the tires on a guy like Paul Maurice or Laviolette but if they don't want to come? Who then? Scott Arniel? Guy Boucher?

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 03:22 PM
  #56
bear1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 355
vCash: 716
Handling a bunch of kids is a heck of lot different then coaching a bunch of Pros.

bear1 is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 03:24 PM
  #57
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1 View Post
Handling a bunch of kids is a heck of lot different then coaching a bunch of Pros.
Tell that to Patrick Roy

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 03:34 PM
  #58
bear1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 355
vCash: 716
Should have grabbed Ruff and Nill as GM that's right he didn't want the job here. Make you kind of wonder and so what if Housley is from Minny

bear1 is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 03:35 PM
  #59
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1 View Post
so what if Housley is from Minny
He knows the people, the players, the mentality.

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 03:36 PM
  #60
bear1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 355
vCash: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala View Post
Tell that to Patrick Roy
Lets see how his loose cannon act plays out. After awhile it gets tuned out.

bear1 is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 03:45 PM
  #61
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1 View Post
Lets see how his loose cannon act plays out. After awhile it gets tuned out.
Except he was one of the better coaches in the CHL.

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 08:14 PM
  #62
SphinX
YouWantSome?
 
SphinX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Why wouldnt Laviolette want to come?

SphinX is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 08:40 PM
  #63
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
Why wouldnt Laviolette want to come?
Why would he want to come?

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 08:43 PM
  #64
kfan22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala View Post
Why would he want to come?
cause he is unemployed and this isnt a bad spot to be in!

kfan22 is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 08:58 PM
  #65
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfan22 View Post
cause he is unemployed and this isnt a bad spot to be in!
Paul Maurice is unemployed. So is Guy Boucher.

He has other options.

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 09:06 PM
  #66
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location.
Country: United States
Posts: 34,581
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala View Post
Paul Maurice is unemployed. So is Guy Boucher.

He has other options.
Do you really think either of those two are better options than Laviolette?

Avder is online now  
Old
12-24-2013, 09:09 PM
  #67
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Do you really think either of those two are better options than Laviolette?
Possibly. He could head back to New York (the Islanders) if they let go of their coach, but he doesn't seem to really want to move away from the East Coast where he's from.

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
12-25-2013, 12:10 AM
  #68
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,645
vCash: 500
Going on the 5 games russo is hinting at, I'm thinking 4 of those 5 need to be convicing victories, not the type where Harding plays like a mad man on roids and we sqeek by with a ****** bounce. In all honesty the time window for where you dig your self in a big hole is narrowing (we're techincally 9th but Dallas has games in hand and are not far behing)

Can Yeo if he looses 2 of the next 5, specially if they come out with this limp dick play. He clearly can't get the job done, good coaches don't say ****, they get results. This dude has lost his team and can't get them back together.

forthewild is offline  
Old
12-25-2013, 01:24 AM
  #69
bear1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 355
vCash: 716
The sad thing is firing Yeo isn't going to solve the problem

bear1 is offline  
Old
12-25-2013, 05:49 AM
  #70
SphinX
YouWantSome?
 
SphinX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1 View Post
The sad thing is firing Yeo isn't going to solve the problem
Why wouldnt it?

It looks like he has lost the locker. He is also getting skilled players to play a grinding game..

And for Laviolette; i cant see why he wouldnt come. New job with a team that is underachieving if you look at its players. He has nothing to lose.

SphinX is offline  
Old
12-25-2013, 10:20 AM
  #71
Dee Oh Cee
Registered User
 
Dee Oh Cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Farmington
Country: United States
Posts: 7,268
vCash: 500
you have no idea what's going on in the locker room. That's just baseless speculation.

Dee Oh Cee is offline  
Old
12-25-2013, 10:34 AM
  #72
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 17,036
vCash: 1136
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1 View Post
The sad thing is firing Yeo isn't going to solve the problem
Absolutely. Firing Yeo won't solve any problems; hiring a good coach will. Unfortunately, there are no good coaches available (that we know of).

Minnesota is offline  
Old
12-25-2013, 11:07 AM
  #73
kfan22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
Going on the 5 games russo is hinting at, I'm thinking 4 of those 5 need to be convicing victories, not the type where Harding plays like a mad man on roids and we sqeek by with a ****** bounce. In all honesty the time window for where you dig your self in a big hole is narrowing (we're techincally 9th but Dallas has games in hand and are not far behing)

Can Yeo if he looses 2 of the next 5, specially if they come out with this limp dick play. He clearly can't get the job done, good coaches don't say ****, they get results. This dude has lost his team and can't get them back together.
The sad thing is the next 5 games they could very easily win 4 it isnt that tough of stretch 4 of the 5 are at home and the only roadie is Winnipeg

kfan22 is offline  
Old
12-25-2013, 11:24 AM
  #74
Loffer
Registered User
 
Loffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Absolutely. Firing Yeo won't solve any problems; hiring a good coach will. Unfortunately, there are no good coaches available (that we know of).
Yep. It all comes down to this. Firing a coach is no solution. The Wild are still vying for a playoff spot - so let it play. No reason to make panic decisions which only worsen the situation.

Loffer is offline  
Old
12-25-2013, 11:28 AM
  #75
kfan22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffer View Post
Yep. It all comes down to this. Firing a coach is no solution. The Wild are still vying for a playoff spot - so let it play. No reason to make panic decisions which only worsen the situation.
Ask LA 2 years ago if firing a coach who doesnt give his team the best shot at winning does anything for a franchise?? Heck even as St.Louis also!! Look at the turn around that franchise has had since Hitchcock took over

kfan22 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.