Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Loui Eriksson only thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2013, 05:10 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

vCash: 500
Not sure how many of you are into the advanced analytics, but the stats rarely lie. Guess who has the best Corsi on the team? Yup, Lou.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/

Old
12-23-2013, 05:15 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
Not sure how many of you are into the advanced analytics, but the stats rarely lie. Guess who has the best Corsi on the team? Yup, Lou.

Anyone who's ever seen Loui play before can say that he's underwhelmed here so far. Trotting out CORSI numbers to does nothing to make me feel better. He's been hurt twice, started slowly, and looked somewhat decent in a small handful of games. I don't need some BS advance stat to tell me that. You sound like all the losers from Toronto who went on and on about how great a contract Tomas Kaberle was on. In other words, if this is what you have to cling to, I'd say don't.

Old
12-23-2013, 05:27 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Anyone who's ever seen Loui play before can say that he's underwhelmed here so far. Trotting out CORSI numbers to does nothing to make me feel better. He's been hurt twice, started slowly, and looked somewhat decent in a small handful of games. I don't need some BS advance stat to tell me that. You sound like all the losers from Toronto who went on and on about how great a contract Tomas Kaberle was on. In other words, if this is what you have to cling to, I'd say don't.
If your only measure of success is goal and assists, then absolutely, you're bang on. Only hockey has a lot more variables than just that. Anyone who has played or coached the game knows that too. You can do a lot with your time on the ice to be productive to your team.

Can he be better? Absolutely. But has he done all the little things right? More often than not, yes.

Old
12-23-2013, 05:28 PM
OutspokenMinority

Loui is good player who seems maybe too soft and non-confrontational for Bruins style. Hope he is healthy going forward.

That was fun. Enjoy your Loui-only thread.

Old
12-23-2013, 05:52 PM
EverettMike

The Corsi number tells us that he hasn't been bad.

All the other numbers tell us that he hasn't been good.

SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT.

He has looked like the best third line player in hockey when he has played. Is that what is okay from him? Playing like a 7th or 8th forward?

Old
12-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Bruins 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post

Proof the Corsi stats are seriously flawed.

Old
12-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Bruins 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
Corsi is always one of those things that when you're argument doesn't really hold weight...any stat that tells me Jake Muzzin was the best defender in the NHL for a long stretch this year doesn't really hold much water with me
Don't think the Loui crowd will like you turning this into a Jake Muzzin thread ....

Old
12-23-2013, 06:19 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutspokenMinority View Post
Loui is good player who seems maybe too soft and non-confrontational for Bruins style. Hope he is healthy going forward.

That was fun. Enjoy your Loui-only thread.
Agree.

I just think him and Bergeron aren't a match. Spooner and Soderberg as his linemates with Smith on Bergy's line should work.

Ryder couldn't play with BErgeron or Savard.

Loui should be buying Smith dinner every night though cause he'd be hated around here if we didn't get Reilly in that deal.

Old
12-23-2013, 06:33 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins 54 View Post
Don't think the Loui crowd will like you turning this into a Jake Muzzin thread ....
You win today's internet.

Old
12-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Hariken

get him away from marchand and bergeron...they just don't mesh...

Old
12-23-2013, 08:01 PM
kytem2

Marc-Andre Bergeron was second rated in Corsi among defencemen last season.

Care to guess who led all Bruins in 2013, and who was second in 2011-2012 ?

Old
12-23-2013, 08:02 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
If I were the Bruins I'd be super conservative now with him coming back. Maybe even wait until after the Olympics if need be.
I give the kid a mulligan this year. New team, new city, new system and getting noggin bashed is enough.

Not once but twice and fairly close together.

Old
12-24-2013, 02:51 AM
Sikhander

I wish him a good recovery. He is a great player.

Having said that I simply do not understand several of the negative posters about him - it has started to become very emotional with a lack of data to support it <scratches head>.

Old
12-24-2013, 05:58 AM
chizzler

The guy is a great player but some people don't see the stats and automatically label him as a bust. The guy is in the wrong line. Too much redundency on the Bergy line. I hope they put him with spooner when he comes back. Much more of a fit for him and he slowly gets into it. Actually, he would fit in the first line easily, but Iginla is starting to heat up. People need to calm down, he's had two concussions this year. He should be shut down the whole year IMO. One more this year and good by.

Old
12-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Fossy21
Himalayan Goal King

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
He has looked like the best third line player in hockey when he has played. Is that what is okay from him? Playing like a 7th or 8th forward?
Best 3rd liner in hockey, but still 8th forward (i.e. not best third-liner) on the team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins 54 View Post
What constitutes "the Loui crowd"? People who make excuses for him even though they don't necessarily have to, seeing as he's seen limited action, had two concussions and played largely with off linemates on a line with abundant defensive shut-down skill; or the crowd who are fans of the Boston Bruins over Tyler Seguin and don't hate on the guy anytime Rich Peverley has a successful bowel movement, like you and Kytem? I count myself to the latter, and sadly I've played the part of the former, which is obviously and exercise in futility when arguing with certain posters on here.

Old
12-27-2013, 02:36 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossy21 View Post
Best 3rd liner in hockey, but still 8th forward (i.e. not best third-liner) on the team?
Huh?

Old
12-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
Good to hear he's getting better by the day.

If (and when) he plays to his best, all of the negativity surrounding him will magically be swept away. He's a 60-70 point 30 goal scorer who puts up some great defensive play. Has he been here? No, not even close. There's no denying he's been underwhelming and CORSI doesn't do anything to change that. But he has time. Season isn't even halfway over. He has the talent to be the best forward on this team, and I still have an abundance of hope that he will be one of them come playoffs. I just think his style of game, kind of a grind-it-out kind of guy like Bergeron, will be enhanced during a 7 game series. Especially with the physicality that the entire lineup brings. We've seen flashes of his talent, but they're either brief or cut off due to his injuries.

He's the best player in the deal and I fully believe he'll reveal himself as that... Only when it matters. Like Lucic last year. Funny how he never got any more flak after his playoff run. I do think he should be separated from Bergeron and Marchand. There's no chemistry there like a lot of us thought. They need a shooter, Marchand hasn't been one so far. All three of them were pass-first, and way too patient. I always thought it should have been Iginla with them, so someone actually shoots. I say put him on the third line when he comes back, go with Soderberg-Spooner-Eriksson. Loui and Soderberg showed some chemistry, and Soderberg and Spooner have an abundance of it. That line is hardly a traditional 3rd line, he'll produce there. If he does reach his full potential, go Lucic-Krejci-Loui and Marchand-Bergeron-Iginla, then roll Soderberg-Spooner-Smith as your third... Three amazing lines, best 4th line in the league, especially if you put Kelly there.

I definitely agree, do not rush him back. We're winning, and he'll likely get off to a slow start again. Two concussions in half a season is brutal. We brought him back too quickly last time. Give him plenty of time. If anything, he'll just be more prepared and ready to produce quicker. He'll need another ~5 games to get back into it anyway.

Last edited by Dellstrom: 12-27-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old
12-27-2013, 03:00 PM
Dennis Bergkamp

Fans being critical of the players is reasonable, but the crap Loui gets here is really unwarranted. Two concussions in half a season is incredibly unlucky. Playing in a new system with struggling Marchand and offensively disappointing Bergeron (that can be excused to the injuries he had to deal with during the summer) he still had one of the better points/game in the team. Plays PK, PP and has very cap friendly contract. Solid defensively, willing to go to dirty areas. I for one am very exited to see what he can do once he gets to play more than 10 games without getting knocked out and having to gel with new linemates.

Old
12-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Cid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
Good to hear he's getting better by the day.

If (and when) he plays to his best, all of the negativity surrounding him will magically be swept away. He's a 60-70 point 30 goal scorer who puts up some great defensive play. Has he been here? No, not even close. There's no denying he's been underwhelming and CORSI doesn't do anything to change that. But he has time. Season isn't even halfway over. He has the talent to be the best forward on this team, and I still have an abundance of hope that he will be one of them once we get to the playoffs. I just think his style of game, kind of a grind-it-out kind of guy like Bergeron, will be enhanced during a 7 game series. Especially with the physicality that the entire lineup brings. We've seen flashes of his talent, but they're either brief or cut off due to his injuries.

He's the best player in the deal and I fully believe he'll reveal himself as that... Only when it matters. Like Lucic last year.
That is if he ever comes back and barring one more major concussion.

And best player in the deal? I would say possibly 3rd or 4th. Both Seguin and Smith are turning out to be the two studs in the deal. Peverley is over-achieving but sadly Loui really didn't do much in his limited action yet. And who knows if he will ever be the same, let alone come back.

This deal would sting a lot more if Smith hadn't turned out to be such a fit on this team. Hoping Loui makes a full healthy recovery but as of this moment his tenure in Boston has been anything but memorable.

EDIT: I honestly didn't mean that last comment to sound the way it did. There was no pun intended with regards to concussions. I'm not a jerk.

Last edited by Cid: 12-27-2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: PS. There was no pun intended in the original message.
Old
12-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
That is if he ever comes back and barring one more major concussion.

And best player in the deal? I would say possibly 3rd or 4th. Both Seguin and Smith are turning out to be the two studs in the deal. Peverley is over-achieving but sadly Loui really didn't do much in his limited action yet. And who knows if he will ever be the same, let alone come back.

This deal would sting a lot more if Smith hadn't turned out to be such a fit on this team. Hoping Loui makes a full healthy recovery but as of this moment his tenure in Boston has been anything but memorable.

EDIT: I honestly didn't mean that last comment to sound the way it did. There was no pun intended with regards to concussions. I'm not a jerk.
I meant on our side of the deal. Seguin was the best player in the deal, and I'd say the same if Loui had no concussions and was producing at his 60-70 point self.

Old
12-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days

I'm thinking about his future here. He has two more years after this one at a 4.25m cap hit. That's crazy good if he can gel with whomever he ends up with as line mates (I'd imagine Spooner and Soderberg for this year)

Eriksson has had some bad luck, but I have no concern that he'll get back to playing the kind of hockey we expected he'd bring when we acquired him. He's too proven and his game is too steady to suddenly drop off a cliff like some around here seem to imply it has

Old
12-28-2013, 12:58 AM
Trap Jesus

If Eriksson finds himself on the third line (which looks very likely right now), people are going to start saying the opposite about his contract.

Old
12-28-2013, 08:51 AM
Numbah4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
If Eriksson finds himself on the third line (which looks very likely right now), people are going to start saying the opposite about his contract.

Might be there the rest of this year. But, he'll be a Top 6 next year after we lose Iginla this summer.

Old
12-28-2013, 10:36 AM
vjcsmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I'm not sure why there's even a thread for the guy right now? He's not playing and won't be for quite some time. People pissed and moaned in the other thread, but at least the other pieces of the trade, whom shall remain nameless of course, are playing and by default can have their performances actually be spoken about. Loui? Can't say much other than he's out.
There was a huge thread on Savard, even after it was clear he would never play again. Err Hopefully Eriksson comes back fully healthy, and when he's ready.

Closed Thread