Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2014, 12:31 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number8 View Post
That's all fair enough and I think right on target. There is no doubt that LE has not been what we hoped or expected.

My only issue is the all caps statements to the effect of "he blew the game" -- and the similar sorts of things you can read about here (he sucks, we got fleeced, etc., etc.,)

That's overdramatizing things and grossly oversimplifying things. Was it a good pass? No. Was it the worst error made by a Bruin last night? No. Was it the sole reason the Bruins lost? No
His play didn't lose the team the game. It was hyperbolic of me to say that. His mistake resulted in the game winning goal happening, and that's a more fair statement, even if it doesn't sound much different (it is though, very much so). There are plenty of people who contributed to the loss, and a lot went wrong for that to happen. Loui's miscue is the one that sticks out mainly because it was the last one, and the game ended because of it.

Old
02-27-2014, 12:33 PM
Number8

I've figured it out. Johnson is not to blame for the goal because the sequence started well before him. Same with Chara. In fairness, the same should be true for Loui....but, apparently that's not the case. To help clarify things here's what really happened, and why we should be all very worried. Bad ***** is coming.....

1) Butterfly flaps its wings in Mexico.
2) Polen gets in nose of tourist going to see the Monarch butterfly migration.
3) Tourist gets a cold, gets on plane, and that cold (after 30 extra steps) ultimately ends up in Chia's nasal passages.
4) Chia feels ill, gets grouchy and decides he's had it with TS19's bulls**t.
5) Makes a rash, ill advised trade.
6) Meanwhile, John Scott beats the pi** out of Shawn Thornton -- making ST22 woozy and angry.
7) John Scott then hatchets LE21 -- making everyone angry.
8) Brooks Orpic (I like spelling his name wrong -- pisses of Pens fans) hatchets LE21. Making everyone angry. None more so than ST22 who is still a bit woozy but really really angry.
9) ST22 attacks Orpeek and has to do practices with LE21 while they serve the respective suspension/quiet time.
10) ST22 and LE21 become buds. During one of their bud sessions, ST22 says "ZC33 is the man... the absolute best..... covers up any mistake on the ice. Go to the bank on that."
11) LE21 suddenly remembers this during OT in game against Buffalo and makes a risky, crap pass to Chara.
12) Goal scored, Bruins lose to Buffalo and LE21 is single handedly named as responsible for losing the game.
13) LE21 is pissed off about this and makes it his goal in life to kill every butterfly in creation.
14) But the lack of butterflies, means less pollen breezes and less colds -- specifically a cold in Eastern European country leader who, instead of staying home in bed, gets all jiggy and flexes his Jingoist muscles.
15) Putin, who is bored now Olympics are over, says "screw that" and masses his troops on the border.
16) LE21 gets blamed for unrest in Balkans, and is now really pissed off.
17) LE21 follows the cycle back and then decides to attack every tourist in the world who appears to have irritated nasal passages........ things get very ugly on a global level.......

Jesus, and I thought it was just a bad pass in what was, overall, not a very good game for the Bruins! Go figure.

BY THE WAY, I'M JUST BORED AND SCREWING AROUND....... NOT HAVING A GO AT ANYONE REALLY. JUST WANT TRADE DEADLINE TO GET HERE!!!

Old
02-27-2014, 12:35 PM
Number8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
His play didn't lose the team the game. It was hyperbolic of me to say that. His mistake resulted in the game winning goal happening, and that's a more fair statement, even if it doesn't sound much different (it is though, very much so). There are plenty of people who contributed to the loss, and a lot went wrong for that to happen. Loui's miscue is the one that sticks out mainly because it was the last one, and the game ended because of it.
I'm with you LSCII -- I do agree that LE has not been as good as we'd hoped. I see signs that he is improving and really like him with Soderstein (or whatever it was that Anson Carter called him last night ).

I think he'll be ok.

That said, it was a crap pass. I actually thought it was a crap game overall.

Old
02-27-2014, 12:36 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
I've figured it out. Johnson is not to blame for the goal because the sequence started well before him. Same with Chara. In fairness, the same should be true for Loui....but, apparently that's not the case. To help clarify things here's what really happened, and why we should be all very worried. Bad ***** is coming.....

1) Butterfly flaps its wings in Mexico.
2) Polen gets in nose of tourist going to see the Monarch butterfly migration.
3) Tourist gets a cold, gets on plane, and that cold (after 30 extra steps) ultimately ends up in Chia's nasal passages.
4) Chia feels ill, gets grouchy and decides he's had it with TS19's bulls**t.
5) Makes a rash, ill advised trade.
6) Meanwhile, John Scott beats the pi** out of Shawn Thornton -- making ST22 woozy and angry.
7) John Scott then hatchets LE21 -- making everyone angry.
8) Brooks Orpic (I like spelling his name wrong -- pisses of Pens fans) hatchets LE21. Making everyone angry. None more so than ST22 who is still a bit woozy but really really angry.
9) ST22 attacks Orpeek and has to do practices with LE21 while they serve the respective suspension/quiet time.
10) ST22 and LE21 become buds. During one of their bud sessions, ST22 says "ZC33 is the man... the absolute best..... covers up any mistake on the ice. Go to the bank on that."
11) LE21 suddenly remembers this during OT in game against Buffalo and makes a risky, crap pass to Chara.
12) Goal scored, Bruins lose to Buffalo and LE21 is single handedly named as responsible for losing the game.
13) LE21 is pissed off about this and makes it his goal in life to kill every butterfly in creation.
14) But the lack of butterflies, means less pollen breezes and less colds -- specifically a cold in Eastern European country leader who, instead of staying home in bed, gets all jiggy and flexes his Jingoist muscles.
15) Putin, who is bored now Olympics are over, says "screw that" and masses his troops on the border.
16) LE21 gets blamed for unrest in Balkans, and is now really pissed off.
17) LE21 follows the cycle back and then decides to attack every tourist in the world who appears to have irritated nasal passages........ things get very ugly on a global level.......

Jesus, and I thought it was just a bad pass in what was, overall, not a very good game for the Bruins! Go figure.

BY THE WAY, I'M JUST BORED AND SCREWING AROUND....... NOT HAVING A GO AT ANYONE REALLY. JUST WANT TRADE DEADLINE TO GET HERE!!!
I'd say bored is an understatement...

Old
02-27-2014, 12:39 PM
Fossy21
Himalayan Goal King

Quote:
It's Ohprick.

Quote:
Now you're being fair, melikes.

Old
02-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Number8

Quote:
I'd say bored is an understatement...
ha ha..... No kidding. I just re-read it and thought "holy **** do I sound like a lunatic!".

Come on trade deadline..........

Hope Montreal makes another monumental Gomez/McDonagh trade!

Old
02-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

vCash: 571
Quote:
I'm with you LSCII -- I do agree that LE has not been as good as we'd hoped. I see signs that he is improving and really like him with Soderstein (or whatever it was that Anson Carter called him last night ).

I think he'll be ok.

That said, it was a crap pass. I actually thought it was a crap game overall.
Hahaha I was walking away from my TV when I thought I heard that but I figured it was just me cause I was kinda far from my TV and I had a few at that point lmao.

Old
02-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Hali33

Quote:
Well that I can agree with.

Old
02-27-2014, 12:44 PM
bearcountry17

vCash: 873
Quote:
Why was Chara in the position to botch that play? Causation. One thing doesn't happen without the other happening first.
Why the hell were we in OT with ****ing Buffalo? What caused that? 4 goals should be enough to put away the Sabres, well unless your goaltender has a poor performance and lets in 5 goals on 26 shots against the worst offence in the league. Loui made a bad play, chara made a bad play, johnson let in his 3 or 4th weak goal of the night. It's ok though,Im sure you'll shut up if Loui plays good in the playoffs for us just like you did when Soderberg came over after you were so busy telling people they were delusional for thinking he was coming. We get it, you like rowing against the tide, good for you.

Old
02-27-2014, 01:09 PM
qc
#TeamClode

vCash: 69
Rowing against the tide is a pretty good workout though.

Old
02-27-2014, 02:01 PM
bearcountry17

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC View Post
Rowing against the tide is a pretty good workout though.
Especially when at any time that fits you, you can turn around and go the other way.

Old
02-27-2014, 02:13 PM
THE ARS*

This ****ing guy.

That play was just brutal.

Good Lord, $4.5m for the worst player on the team.

Old
02-27-2014, 02:22 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcountry17 View Post
Why the hell were we in OT with ****ing Buffalo? What caused that? 4 goals should be enough to put away the Sabres, well unless your goaltender has a poor performance and lets in 5 goals on 26 shots against the worst offence in the league. Loui made a bad play, chara made a bad play, johnson let in his 3 or 4th weak goal of the night. It's ok though,Im sure you'll shut up if Loui plays good in the playoffs for us just like you did when Soderberg came over after you were so busy telling people they were delusional for thinking he was coming. We get it, you like rowing against the tide, good for you.
Did I hurt your feelings by calling your kid ugly, tell your wife her cooking is terrible, or kick your dog at some point? Get a grip, buddy. Carrying that much animosity around over something like this isn't good for you. Have a blessed day.

Old
02-27-2014, 02:31 PM
qc
#TeamClode

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ARS View Post
This ****ing guy.
My thoughts exactly.

Old
02-27-2014, 02:51 PM
bearcountry17

Quote:
Did I hurt your feelings by calling your kid ugly, tell your wife her cooking is terrible, or kick your dog at some point? Get a grip, buddy. Carrying that much animosity around over something like this isn't good for you. Have a blessed day.
I think everyone can agree with me as to who needs a grip, and don't you worry I'm not the one running to the computer at any chance to bash a player who plays for the team I root for. To me, that seems as someone who is carrying around a little animosity.

And, for the record, my GF could **** up a bowl of cereal so you're free to bash her cooking all you want. Although im not sure you would send me a blessed day if I happened to be from a certain country geographically placed between Norway and Finland

Old
02-27-2014, 02:53 PM
Fossy21
Himalayan Goal King

Quote:
My thoughts exactly.
I (think) I see what you did there. If you did what I think you did there, that was pretty clever.

Old
02-27-2014, 02:56 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcountry17 View Post
I think everyone can agree with me as to who needs a grip, and don't you worry I'm not the one running to the computer at any chance to bash a player who plays for the team I root for. To me, that seems as someone who is carrying around a little animosity.

And, for the record, my GF could **** up a bowl of cereal so you're free to bash her cooking all you want. Although im not sure you would send me a blessed day if I happened to be from a certain country geographically placed between Norway and Finland
So you're against critical thought and analysis? Makes complete sense. We can only talk about the positives going forward. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Here's the issue I have with your post. You give no insight, you offer no view other than not liking me being critical. Instead, why not tell me why I'm wrong about the player? If you really wanted to have a discussion (which I'm pretty sure places like this are used for) about the player, why not counter my argument that Loui Eriksson has not been a particularly good player for the Bruins so far? Seems like that would have been a better point to make rather than getting angry that I've been critical, doesn't it?

Old
02-27-2014, 02:59 PM
qc
#TeamClode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossy21 View Post
I (think) I see what you did there. If you did what I think you did there, that was pretty clever.
Not sure what you're talking about.

Old
02-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Fossy21
Himalayan Goal King

Quote:
Not sure what you're talking about.
Does the smiley mean that you _do_ know? Or am I just reading into too much stuff?

Old
02-27-2014, 03:20 PM
EverettMike

Felger just called out Fluto, and it was basically the exact same conversation you guys are having in here, with Lonnie in the Felger role.

Felger was super sarcastic though.

Old
02-27-2014, 03:21 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Felger just called out Fluto, and it was basically the exact same conversation you guys are having in here, with Lonnie in the Felger role.

Felger was super sarcastic though.
I am willing to ratchet up the sarcasm, if you think it would help me...

Old
02-27-2014, 03:23 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
I am willing to ratchet up the sarcasm, if you think it would help me...
Nah. It was repetitive and lost its impact after he said it the first time anyway. It was the same joke 14 times.

Old
02-27-2014, 03:25 PM
qc
#TeamClode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossy21 View Post
Does the smiley mean that you _do_ know? Or am I just reading into too much stuff?
Let's just put it this way..

3:13 pm - turd, meet punchbowl.

Old
02-27-2014, 03:26 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Nah. It was repetitive and lost its impact after he said it the first time anyway. It was the same joke 14 times.
Has Cam gone on yet? He claimed yesterday he was going to bring up draft history and how he thought Fluto's story about them not trading the pick was crazy.

Old
02-27-2014, 03:27 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Has Cam gone on yet? He claimed yesterday he was going to bring up draft history and how he thought Fluto's story about them not trading the pick was crazy.
On now. Hasn't come up yet. Talking ticket increase right this second.

Closed Thread