HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins moving a defenseman

Old
12-27-2013, 12:29 AM
Flames rebuilder

vCash: 500
What about Boychuk for Glencross?

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 12:32 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
What about Boychuk for Glencross?
McQuaid and Caron sounds better

Not terrible value but I wouldn't trade boychuk one for onw for glencross

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 12:48 AM
bruins2011

JB pretty much Untouchable unless some sort of overpayment

bruins2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 01:12 AM
DontgoZiggy

What would the bruins be looking for from the Kings for McQuaid?

DontgoZiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 01:41 AM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintersej View Post
Boychuk would be an offseason deal and would require something like Kristo or Miller and a first I would think.

What's up with Callahan's contract situation? If it gets to him being in the market as a rental, I could see Boston floating Koko, a conditional first and McQuaid.
Callahan hasn't resigned and has been quiet about it, which to me screams he wants a deal Glen Sather isn't willing to do. If there was a reasonable deal offered, he'd have signed by now.

That package is alright, would be enough to get him. But I don't see why the Bruins would want him? Your RW depth is fine as is.

12-27-2013, 09:15 AM
wintersej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Callahan hasn't resigned and has been quiet about it, which to me screams he wants a deal Glen Sather isn't willing to do. If there was a reasonable deal offered, he'd have signed by now.

That package is alright, would be enough to get him. But I don't see why the Bruins would want him? Your RW depth is fine as is.
Depends on Eriksson's health.

wintersej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 09:21 AM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

I can't see Boston moving anyone this year.

I think they rather keep the bodies for depth come playoffs... we have seen how some teams can be ravaged by injuries and having depth on blue line is key.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:31 AM
OConnellsProtege

Colton Orr for Jordan Caron?

OConnellsProtege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:57 AM
Taz#24

Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
Niklas SVEDBERG recalled from Providence?

Both RASK and JOHNSON are healthy. Could be nothing but why did they call SVEDBERG up? Showcase for possible deal? If it is, I can see Bruins dangling him, maybe a D-man (probably Matt BARTKOWSKI), Jordan CARON and possibly a pick for a top six winger.

Ideally
1. Evander KANE (Cap hit would be an issue unless Bruins use LTIR (Marc SAVARD and maybe Loui ERIKSSON))
2. Tomas VANEK (ditto as in KANE)
3. Michael RYDER (SVEDBERG and CARON)

Taz#24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 12:04 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz#24 View Post
Both RASK and JOHNSON are healthy. Could be nothing but why did they call SVEDBERG up? Showcase for possible deal? If it is, I can see Bruins dangling him, maybe a D-man (probably Matt BARTKOWSKI), Jordan CARON and possibly a pick for a top six winger.

Ideally
1. Evander KANE (Cap hit would be an issue unless Bruins use LTIR (Marc SAVARD and maybe Loui ERIKSSON))

The Bruins have no need for Ryder.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 12:05 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
McQuaid and Caron sounds better

Not terrible value but I wouldn't trade boychuk one for onw for glencross
What sort of a plus would be fair. Calgary isn't exactly in a position to be giving up futures. Boston is one of the few teams I could ever imagine GlenX waiving his NTC to, if he wanted a shot at the cup. I think he'd be a good fit but that being said, I doubt the Bruin's would want to head into the playoff's without Boychuk.

Old
12-27-2013, 12:12 PM
wintersej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
What sort of a plus would be fair. Calgary isn't exactly in a position to be giving up futures. Boston is one of the few teams I could ever imagine GlenX waiving his NTC to, if he wanted a shot at the cup. I think he'd be a good fit but that being said, I doubt the Bruin's would want to head into the playoff's without Boychuk.
Yeah, I don't think there is a match for these teams involving Boychuk. Boston would be most interested in futures (or packaged with Marchand for an upgrade) if they were to deal Boychuk this offseason (dealing him in season isn't an option). That isn't what Calgary would be wanting to give up.

Old
12-27-2013, 12:14 PM
CodeE

Quote:

Ideally
Vanek for Subban, a stay-at-home defenseman like McQuaid, and a pick?

I really don't see Subban getting a fair chance with the Bruins, especially with Rask's new contract and level of play.

CodeE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 12:32 PM
wintersej

Quote:

Ideally
NYI just gave up a lot for Vanek, won't be flipping him for that package. WPG fans wouldn't do Marchand+ for Kane, nevermind a #6D with #4 upside, a 13th forward and a late 1st round pick for Kane.

Old
12-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintersej View Post
Yeah, I don't think there is a match for these teams involving Boychuk. Boston would be most interested in futures (or packaged with Marchand for an upgrade) if they were to deal Boychuk this offseason (dealing him in season isn't an option). That isn't what Calgary would be wanting to give up.
You're probably right. I love Boychuk, he should bring back a nice return, if you guys decide to move him.

Old
12-27-2013, 01:22 PM
cneely

The Jets are desperate for decent goaltending.

How about something like Svedberg, Marchand, Mcquaid for Kane? I hate these quantity for quality deals, how does that sound from the Jets perspective?

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 02:12 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

I actually could see the Blues trading for McQuaid in the next few days. Polak just broke his ankle and Leopold isn't due back til mid January. That means Carlo Colaiacovo is suiting up every night for awhile, and that is rough.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 02:18 PM
qc
Dare to Dream

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I actually could see the Blues trading for McQuaid in the next few days. Polak just broke his ankle and Leopold isn't due back til mid January. That means Carlo Colaiacovo is suiting up every night for awhile, and that is rough.
I was sort of thinking this myself. I love Quaider and want to keep him, but he'd be a great fit in St. Louis. Hitchcock would fall in love with him.

qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
I don't think McQuaid is available now. Best bet would be Bartkowski.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Bruinsfan70

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
So much depth on this team...

Here's how I'd love to see the lineup, Smith and Spooner have proven NHL ready and should stay IMO:

Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Soderberg - Spooner - Eriksson
Campbell - Kelly - Paille

That's a very nice set of forwards. Thornton, Caron, Fraser, Johnson spare pieces. For depth, we still have Koko and Knight in Providence if someone goes down.

Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - Boychuk
Krug - McQuaid

Bartkowski, Warsofsky, Miller spare pieces but obviously depth for injuries is a very good thing.

So, the question becomes where do we need and upgrade? I just don't see it.
I agree with you if they stay healthy no one will beat them GO BRUINS.

Bruinsfan70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 02:50 PM
Huffer

vCash: 958
Quote:
The Jets are desperate for decent goaltending.

How about something like Svedberg, Marchand, Mcquaid for Kane? I hate these quantity for quality deals, how does that sound from the Jets perspective?
How is Svedberg somehow the answer to the Jets goaltending woes? And a depth D with one year left on his deal?

If the Jets are open to moving Kane, they can get better pieces back than that.

You've got all of your Bruin's gear on when making that deal.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 02:54 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
How is Svedberg somehow the answer to the Jets goaltending woes? And a depth D with one year left on his deal?

If the Jets are open to moving Kane, they can get better pieces back than that.

You've got all of your Bruin's gear on when making that deal.

lol

Trying to be fair, after all I'm a Bruins fan, but live in Winnipeg and follow the Jets as well.

I'm not sure if Svedberg is the answer, but Marchand is a nice piece and could replace a lot of Kane's scoring. Need more, or different?

How about some youngsters, Spooner, Koko?

Old
12-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Huffer

vCash: 958
Quote:
lol

Trying to be fair, after all I'm a Bruins fan, but live in Winnipeg and follow the Jets as well.

I'm not sure if Svedberg is the answer, but Marchand is a nice piece and could replace a lot of Kane's scoring. Need more, or different?

How about some youngsters, Spooner, Koko?
Don't worry, I knew you were a Winnipeger who's a Bruins fan. I consider you a pretty level headed poster.

I just don't see a good fit for the Jets if they traded Kane to Boston. Seguin would have been the logical fit for Winnipeg. Otherwise, I think there would be other teams that have pieces that fit Winnipeg better (centres, LHD, wingers - in that order of importance) that are of similar age and potential to Kane.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 03:18 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Don't worry, I knew you were a Winnipeger who's a Bruins fan. I consider you a pretty level headed poster.

I just don't see a good fit for the Jets if they traded Kane to Boston. Seguin would have been the logical fit for Winnipeg. Otherwise, I think there would be other teams that have pieces that fit Winnipeg better (centres, LHD, wingers - in that order of importance) that are of similar age and potential to Kane.
Fair enough. FWIW, I think Kane gets a bad rap, and would love to see him on the Bruins for a fair price.

Old
12-27-2013, 04:28 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
can't see the Bruins trading McQuaid. the young kids have looked good in their limited games with the Bruins but McQuaid is a perfect fit as a bottom pairing defensemen in the Bruins system. he's a big part of our identity and short of an overpayment it doesn't make much sense to trade him.

the guy I think that will be moved is Bartkowski. it sucks because I think he will eventually a be better all around defensemen then Krug, Morrow and Miller, but I'm definitely in the minority in that opinion amongst fellow Bruins fans.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote