HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jason Ward is gone...

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2005, 10:11 PM
GilleZ

vCash: 500
I have nothing wrong to say about poor Jason. One of my favorite last season, but there was no place for him in the future. So I think its better for him to try to find a job elsewhere because he would have been shipped to hamilton anyway.

Good Luck Jason!

Old
07-31-2005, 10:27 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
Finally some good news after having wasted a fifth pick on a goalie.

Now, lets get rid of Sunny.
ok ! you don't like this draft choice and you don't like this goaler and you don't like the fact that they didn't take Brulé ....well , that is your opinion and we respect it ...bravo !

the first time you said it , we already understand it ....so may be you can stop to give your opinion about that

Old
07-31-2005, 10:31 PM
deandebean

Quote:

Stefan, why do you think it's wasted? You don't like the kid? Have you really seen him play as often as Timmins and the others? Just asking.

Old
07-31-2005, 10:50 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
I gonna miss Jason , he is a good player and i will always remember the penalty shot goal on Raycroft . Personally i would have keep him around , but if this was needed to open a rooster spot for Higgins im all for it .

Old
07-31-2005, 10:52 PM
EaGLE1

Not sure if it's a good move. Were SMALLISH!

We need a couple of big players. I hope Gainey will work on this.

Old
07-31-2005, 11:58 PM
turnbuckle*

Quote:

Not that you're hard to disagree with, but three things to dispute in a sentence and a half - that's even impressive for you. I'm not going to bother arguing with you as I get the impression that you're a little too hardheaded to alter your opinions.
Obviously you're an expert on the draft as you already know we made a horrible pick, obviously you're a fan of fairy-type hockey if you think letting Ward go was a positive move on a team with one other physical forward entering the 2004-05 season, and obviously you know little about the defensive part of the game and Gainey if you think Montreal will let Sunny go even though he hasn't played a single game with the club since they re-signed him after the 2003-04 season.

Old
08-01-2005, 03:10 AM
NewHabsEra*

I always loved Ward's heart... He is a good guy with a good work ethic but to be realist, he never took back the game he played when called up at the end of the 2003? season where he made things happen offensively even if he was used on the fourth line... The year after he desapointed alot at the training camp and never played with the same confidence he brought from the minors.. If you look at his last AHL season, he took time to be useful for the young team, was quite uneffective in the 15-20 first games but started to play better as the season gone.. But has never never been the shadow of the dominant player he was when Habs farm joined Oilers' one...

I did'nt like Ward's game last NHL season, played with intensity most nights but his game was just not effective... His lack of quickness, first step, skating, agility hurt him a big time... Ward is'nt solid on his skates, looks often out of balance and just cant play an effective grinder role...

As I said, I really liked the person and I wish the better of the chances for him...

On another side, this open another door for one of our kids... We will see what Gainey will do on the UFA and trade market now..

About Dagenais and Sundstrom... Their turn will come in time.

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 08-01-2005 at 11:23 AM.
Old
08-01-2005, 05:09 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstract
The Habs didn't make an offer...

(Sports 30 mag- RDS)
Kind of hard to give up on a high pick like this. But younger players like Hossa needs the chance. If he was a fighter we would have kept him as a role player.

Ward will hook up somewhere and go on to a long NHL career.

Old
08-01-2005, 06:32 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
No sir, I don't like it... I liked Ward and thought he did a good job on the 4th line with Boom Boom! If Bob wanted to create holes to plug the kids into, Sundstrom and Dagenais should be the first to get the boot.

Ahh well, good luck Jason Ward!
Ward brought nothing to the team. Sundstrom brings good defence/forechecking while Dagenais brings a good shot on the powerplay. Not to mention Sundstrom is also a much better scorer than Ward is, and Sundstrom if you haven't noticed doesn't score much.

Old
08-01-2005, 06:34 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie Morenz
Let's get rid of a hard worker like Ward and keep 1 million dollar Sundstrom amd roadrunner Dagenais.
as I've already said, Ward may work hard, but contributes absolutly nothing. At least Sundstrom and Dagenais bring something to help the team.

Old
08-01-2005, 08:17 AM
Marksman

I wish there was room for Ward... but wish guys like Hossa, Plekanec, Perezhogin and Higgins have better chances making the cut. Even with Perreault, Juneau, Dackell and Dowd gone we had couple forwards too many (assuming other RFAs plus Kovalev/someone equivalent signed).

Old
08-01-2005, 08:26 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle
Not that you're hard to disagree with, but three things to dispute in a sentence and a half - that's even impressive for you.
What's impressive on your part is that you are replying to my post.....

Quote:
Obviously you're an expert on the draft as you already know we made a horrible pick, obviously you're a fan of fairy-type hockey
A fan of hockey bar none. Habs can find puck dumpers like Ward pretty much any where on the planet.

Quote:
... if you think letting Ward go was a positive move on a team with one other physical forward entering the 2004-05 season,
Well, Bob "Your Hero" Gainey thinks just like me be electing to let him go.

Quote:
.... and obviously you know little about the defensive part of the game and Gainey if you think Montreal will let Sunny go even though he hasn't played a single game with the club since they re-signed him after the 2003-04 season.
We all remember one of his last game in Montreal.....That's enuff.

Old
08-01-2005, 09:37 AM
Habsaku

Good move, I was expecting this. Ward was a good guy but very ineffective. Hopefully, we can show the door to Sundstrom, Dagenais and maybe even Bulis. I'd personnally keep them as fillers.

Old
08-01-2005, 09:38 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Good move, I was expecting this. Ward was a good guy but very ineffective. Hopefully, we can show the door to Sundstrom, Dagenais and maybe even Bulis. I'd personnally keep them as fillers.
No way should the habs get rid of Bulis. He is a very effective player on the third line and is a very versatile player to play in different situations during a game. A good skater with tenacious checking.

Old
08-01-2005, 09:41 AM
Guriken

Quote:
[...]
We all remember one of his last game in Montreal.....That's enuff.

Hehe, tu parles de la mauvaise sortie de zone qui avait coûté un but c'est ça? ouais... je m'en rappelle mais faut pas être trop rancunnier non plus il a fait de la bonne job quand même depuis qu'il est avec nous.

He is mobile, makes good decisions with the puck and brings experience on a young roster, that's why I would keep him. Though not necessarily for the entire season...

Old
08-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Guriken

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
No way should the habs get rid of Bulis. He is a very effective player on the third line and is a very versatile player to play in different situations during a game. A good skater with tenacious checking.

Hmm, Bulis is the kind of player that makes me frustrated. He is good offensively but doesn't have the tools to finish plays. I know he is becoming better as a role player but he's not a player I want to keep. If you can trade him, do it.

Old
08-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
If by tenacious checking you mean scared of hitting then I agree.

Old
08-01-2005, 09:57 AM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
If by tenacious checking you mean scared of hitting then I agree.
Bulis has been throwing his weight around a bit more last season. I don't think he's afraid to hit. Remember, he was still fairly young in his last seasons (24-25).

Old
08-01-2005, 09:58 AM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
as I've already said, Ward may work hard, but contributes absolutly nothing. At least Sundstrom and Dagenais bring something to help the team.
I disagree, I would have kept Ward over Sundstrom any day of the week. Sundstrom's a soft floater who can't score in an empty net.

Old
08-01-2005, 10:01 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
I disagree, I would have kept Ward over Sundstrom any day of the week. Sundstrom's a soft floater who can't score in an empty net.
I would take Ward over Sunny as well.

Old
08-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Subban Fan

With Ward gone, could we see Chipchura in the lineup??? I dont think so...

Old
08-01-2005, 10:03 AM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
No, but would be nice

Old
08-01-2005, 10:04 AM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
I think Chippy is at least 2 years away still. He'll play again in the WHL and prove his worth, then will play one year in the AHL to adjust to pro speed/strenght and then he'll make Montreal's lineup on the 3rd/4th as a starting point.

Old
08-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
.... who can't score in an empty net.
Same could be said about Bulis.

Old
08-01-2005, 10:17 AM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Same could be said about Bulis.
Bulis has twice the scoring ability that Sundstrom has. Imo in Bulis's case he was lacking confidence. At times he has looked like a legit goal scorer, he just seems to scramble most of the time though. On the other hand, Sundstrom hardly ever shoots the puck, is the softest player I've seen in a while, and he's 3 years older than Bulis. Plus, at least Bulis averages over 10 goals/year since 2000, something Sundstrom couldn't even do.

Since Bulis was only 25 during his last season in Montreal, I feel he can still develop (and in Europe, he improved) and I don't really mind keeping him to see what he can do in his prime. At least, even when he's not scoring, he can create scoring chances, give some hits and he can shadow an opponent. Sundstrom at 30 years old is now past his prime and he can't even do that.

Closed Thread