HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A plea

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2005, 10:35 PM
dedalus

vCash: 500
A plea

Now that Nieuwendyk and Roberts have signed with Florida and Adam Foote has signed with Colombus, might we please never again speak of the ludicrous idea that good players would never sign with the Rangers because they're sooooooooo awful?

Old
08-01-2005, 11:52 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Now that Nieuwendyk and Roberts have signed with Florida and Adam Foote has signed with Colombus, might we please never again speak of the ludicrous idea that good players would never sign with the Rangers because they're sooooooooo awful?
I agree with you but I certainly wouldn't use these two examples to prove my point.

Columbus is going to be a playoff team this year and likely a contender within 2-3 years, who in their right mind wouldn't want to sign there? Consider that they sell out more and more games every year and considerably expand the size of their fan base. They're the only show in town other than College ball.

Florida isn't far off from being a playoff team and a contender in a few years. They're set up extremely well for the future. You've also got the great perks of living in Florida.

Their pictures are much different from that of the Rangers. In another two seasons we'll be in the same position as these two clubs and that's when you're going to see everyone flocking to the Rags again.

Old
08-01-2005, 11:52 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674

you are making NO SENSE at all. The Rangers are just no longer interested in buying old FARTS. Forsberg and Naslund both want to come to NY but they are also both over 30 and will cost a lot. The Rangers are smart enough to wait till next year when 29 year olds will become UFA's and we can get a Thornton or Iginla.

Old
08-01-2005, 11:58 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1
you are making NO SENSE at all. The Rangers are just no longer interested in buying old FARTS. Forsberg and Naslund both want to come to NY but they are also both over 30 and will cost a lot. The Rangers are smart enough to wait till next year when 29 year olds will become UFA's and we can get a Thornton or Iginla.
If forsberg and naslund want to sign together, they have to understand they cannot both seek a lot of money. They have to expect to only get about 4-4.5 mill each. But the thing with signing in NY....Endorsements of course, endorsements and exposure.

Old
08-02-2005, 12:00 AM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1
just a question? what happens if both sign the deals on the table for them? iginla has a deal on the table that might keep him in calgary for another three years? are we supposed to sit by and watch all the players sign elsewhere? i'm not advocating signing both of these of players but who should this team sign? we cannot have all these young players playing every position besides where jagr, nylander and kasper play? so i ask all the people on here who say we can't sign him or we can't afford him? tell me who you would sign and what is your plan for this non-playoff team? this should be interesting!

Old
08-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674

the Rangers can sign anyone, they have the CAP room. They just dont want to keep signing old guys for too much money and then getting stuck with them again. I would be very happy to get someone like Darren Mccarty or Nieminen for forwards...Aucoin for defense

Old
08-02-2005, 12:10 AM
Balej20*

I'd rather be stuck with guys like Naslund and Forsberg over guys like Darren Mccarty or Nieminen. We do not need role players on this team...we need guys on the front lines to take the pressure off the kids. 2 vets on each of the top 2 lines is perfect, then you throw balej/lundmark/jessiman/immonen/whoever on the wing and all of a sudden they gain great experience with much less pressure.

Old
08-02-2005, 12:27 AM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Forsberg is a great player, but an injury prone machine. Have you not learned the Lindros and Bure lessons?

Old
08-02-2005, 12:28 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm
Forsberg is a great player, but an injury prone machine. Have you not learned the Lindros and Bure lessons?
firsberg is less of a liability then lindros and bure were. Pplus, Forsberg is actually still able to play real well even if he doesnt go insane out there trying to hit anything that moves. So if he just takes it back a notch, he'll be ok.

Old
08-02-2005, 01:32 AM
eco's bones

Nothing is guaranteed with Forsberg and his history of being injured. The reason to
me if you're going after someone like that would be the potential benefit of putting someone like Lundmark on his line and maybe seeing that player raise his game. I'm
not that jazzed about Naslund and although it might not seem appropriate to this
discussion I thought the recent comments he made concerning Bertuzzi and Steve
Moore were pathetic. It makes me wonder about his charachter. In any case it seems as if the Rangers do have some strategy in place to bring in whoever. I like say Hrdina, Skoula and Nieminen (all under 30 and I'd expect relatively cheap) but they have bigger game in mind. The problem here is what happens after you bring
in higher priced players and once again you don't make the playoffs (if that were to
happen) and you wind up picking #10 again? Rest assured however if the Rangers
have plenty of cap room whether or not they go out chasing players sooner or later
players are going to start chasing them. At the minimum I would like to see these guys on our opening night roster. Balej, Lundmark, Moore, Giroux, Tyutin, Kondratiev
and Lampman (or Pock). And Immonen (and Prucha) if he makes it here.

Closed Thread