HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anaheim/Chicago/Edmonton 3-Way Trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2005, 02:08 AM
Cerebral

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
$3.116 million. Not bad, but at the same time, not good. He's UFA the year after, so if he liked Edmonton, they could potentially get him back for less $$$.

Also, while money can't be traded in the deal, can parts of contracts be aten by other teams(like Anaheim eats a fair bit of Sykora's deal)? And if so, does it count against the cap?
I'd actually debate making a move for Sykora at that price if Edmonton is unable to grab Demitra. He's still pretty young at 28 and he's the goal scorer that the Oilers really need. 3 million is pretty steep but it's not terrible if the price is only a mid-round pick...

Old
08-01-2005, 03:02 AM
caliamad

well smirnov is a UFA now anyways... anaheim didn't qualify him...

I'd like the ducks to get Daze, but they should be happy to hold onto Smirnov...

knowing Burke, he'd probably send Sykora + 2nd round pick for Daze...

Old
08-01-2005, 03:48 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

I'd do the deal from an Oilers perspective. Then sign a UFA centerman plus a puckmoving defenseman and the sky's pretty much the limit:

Smyth - UFA - Sykora
Torres - York - Hemsky
Moreau - Horcoff - Dvorak
Isbister - Stoll - Pisani

Brewer - UFA
Smith - Semenov
Staios - Bergeron

Old
08-01-2005, 08:42 AM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishinator05
Sykora is more physical than Daze. Daze's nickname should be Charmin for more reasons than one.
Hawk fans affectionately call him Daisy

Old
08-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Lanny MacDonald*

Why is Edmonton involved in this deal at all? They give up nothing and get a very good player back in return. Mean while the other two teams get boned. This makes no sense at all.

Old
08-01-2005, 10:42 AM
dougd

Daze physical? He's one of the biggest wuss of the NHL, a 6'6" guy who play like a pansy 5'8" kid.

I guess Bob Dailey was a big wuss as well
I guess Jean beliveau was a big wuss
I guess P Nedved's a big wuss

and the list goes on

Yea, I am defending Daze. he never was a fighter or a guy seeking out a hit. He however is a pure sniper, willing to pay the price by going hard to the net, doesn't get bowled over easy and is still relatively hard to handle when positioning in front. Yes, he is more a opportunist when finding position in front or around the net ( as in perimeter), so does that make him a wuss.

I guess Bossy and Kurri were as well.

How do you think Daze suffered his back injury? Playing badminton?? or perhaps turning too sharply away from a looming big time hit from someone coming for him in the corner? ( It'll be interesting to see some of the scenario's portrayed)

I've always said that let players play with their strengths and Daze's is as a pure sniper and as long as he does that well, surround him with the other intangibles who will take care of the bashing and banging.

Sorry Wayne, Marcel, Gilbert, Steve Shutt, Peter Sykora......unless you are willing to fight, crunch bodies you can't play for me. The first five are HOF I know, but I believe you get the point.

Old
08-01-2005, 07:13 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
It'd be because Anaheim cuts salary, Chicago doesn't need Sykora, and I'd like a team like Edmonton to get him. Also, the conditions are that if Sykora craps out, Edmonton gives up a lesser pick for him.

As for Daze being physical, well, maybe not, but he's bigger. That's a start. He's also a much better talent than Sykora.
then why not just seperate it into ana/edm and ana/fla...

just doesn't make sense to me that's all

Closed Thread