HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

More Pronger to Panthers Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2005, 12:41 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
More Pronger to Panthers Rumors

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/panther...hers_0801.html

Quote:
Sources acknowledged Sunday that Keenan has had "discussions" with St. Louis about the 6-foot-6, 220-pound defenseman, though Keenan did deny one report that a possible deal could involve Panthers defenseman Jay Bouwmeester. Keenan and Pronger have had an excellent relationship since Keenan, then the Blues' GM, acquired Pronger from Hartford in exchange for Brendan Shanahan in July 1995. Keenan then coached Pronger for the next 1 1/2 seasons.

An excellent first passer with good mobility, Pronger has been mentioned among those defensemen who should prosper most from the removal of the red line. Chances are he would be paired with Mike Van Ryn, whom he played alongside in St. Louis three years ago, and also would be asked to mentor Bouwmeester, whose progress in reaching his potential has been slower than expected.
So the deal wouldn't include Bouwmeester, but who would it include?

Old
08-01-2005, 12:46 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
novak and a 2nd

Old
08-01-2005, 07:07 AM
barnburner

Simply because Blues fans have a soft spot in our heart for Iron Mike,
we would agree to take Luongo off his hands....

Old
08-01-2005, 07:14 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Krajicek and a pick.

Old
08-01-2005, 07:53 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Take Novak

Old
08-01-2005, 08:06 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Dman pairing of Pronger and Bouwmeester

Old
08-01-2005, 08:29 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Lets be realistic here and see what we can come up with. Krajicek and Novak have been mentioned, what about both of them?

Offer up some proposals and realize that because of his salary, he isn't worth as much as most would think IMO.

Old
08-01-2005, 08:33 AM
The Plagers

I read today,that Pronger isn't going anywhere,and it still could be Weight or Tkachuck.Philly having interest Keith.But don't those 2 have no-trade clauses that they would have to wave?

Old
08-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
Dman pairing of Pronger and Bouwmeester
Panthers got Prongers good friend and ex d panther Mike Van Ryn. Youd be looking at

Van Ryn-Pronger
Hill-Bouwmeester
Karpotsev-Crains/Krajicek/Kwiatkowski/Mezei/Novak/....

Old
08-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

I do see Novak or Krajicek moving. Here's hoping it's Novak of the two. Possible deal? Novak + pick or Huselius. Although I think Huselius might be moved for Jason Arnott.

Old
08-01-2005, 09:09 AM
barnburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Plagers
I read today,that Pronger isn't going anywhere,and it still could be Weight or Tkachuck.Philly having interest Keith.But don't those 2 have no-trade clauses that they would have to wave?
Both have no-trade clauses. I suppose that with the Blues looking at what
appears to be a dismal season, because of the ownerships mandante on cutting costs, and the lack of scoring ability among the roster's forwards, that either Tkachuck or Weight might be willing to waive in order to go to a team that has a chance to win.

Old
08-01-2005, 09:15 AM
sveiglar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo
I do see Novak or Krajicek moving. Here's hoping it's Novak of the two. Possible deal? Novak + pick or Huselius. Although I think Huselius might be moved for Jason Arnott.
For a guy like Pronger and a cap situation like Florida, give Novak (useless), Krajicek, and Huselius. I doubt even that gets Pleau's attention, but you never know.

Old
08-01-2005, 09:24 AM
egger66

Quote:
Originally Posted by sveiglar
For a guy like Pronger and a cap situation like Florida, give Novak (useless), Krajicek, and Huselius. I doubt even that gets Pleau's attention, but you never know.
St Louis will have very little market for Pronger. First, why give up much for him when you can get Nidermeyer or a host of other top defeneman for nothing in the UFA market. Second, everyone knows that St. Louis has to get rid of him and can't drive a hard bargain.

Old
08-01-2005, 09:25 AM
sveiglar

Quote:
Originally Posted by egger66
St Louis will have very little market for Pronger. First, why give up much for him when you can get Nidermeyer or a host of other top defeneman for nothing in the UFA market. Second, everyone knows that St. Louis has to get rid of him and can't drive a hard bargain.
I think the offer I made qualified as little market. Krajicek is really the only piece there with any value.

Old
08-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sveiglar
With deals like this, I wonder if people are forgetting that this is supposedly a buyer's market. If a team like St. Louis needs to dump even a top guy like Pronger, they can only demand so high a price before teams look for UFAs instead. That means trade values are coming way down.

Hus and Novak and maybe a 4th or 5th rounder would likely be enough to land Pronger, IF St. Louis really wants to deal him and if they have any interest in those players. Odds are they don't, and Pronger could be headed elsewhere.

See, the question here is, what do the Panthers have to deal, and does anyone want it? The only bona fide assets the Panthers have are guys they're not going to trade, because they don't have enough of them to spare any. Novak's an exception, maybe Krajicek too, but I think Novak's stock is way down after his last season in SA. And I wouldn't wager 100% on Krajicek's availability.

Old
08-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

I'm listening to 640am, and I could have sworn I just heard them say something to the effect of "Chris Pronger's off to Phoenix." I was responding to an email at the time, so I may be wrong....anyone else hear this?

Old
08-01-2005, 12:35 PM
AlMo

If Pronger is to get traded it will be for something of signifigance. THe Blues will be looking for someone to step in and help out right now. Huselius and Krajicek may be a start along with a 1st round draft pick.

As far as I heard on the weekend, Pleau is quite prepared to hold onto Weight, Tkachuk and Pronger for the season. Right now they are about 33 million with 19 players under contract.

Pleau also knows that Tkachuk's salary decreases next so that relieves some of the payroll burden.

Maybe Pleau hangs onto Pronger unitl the trade deadline knowing that Pronger may walk at seasons end and he may have a bidding war on his hands with cup contenders.

Pronger would be a huge player to add for a cup run

Closed Thread