HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Martin Prusek anyone?

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2005, 10:52 AM
guzmania

vCash: 500
Martin Prusek anyone?

Martin has impressed me several times. He's still young and has NHL experience. He might be a way to go for us in the net.

I'm just thinking if we start to get interest from really big name players, and our cap shrinks by signing them, and we still have holes to fill, who are the guys in FA that can be assets but relieve our cost concern. I really don't think we're going to get Floppa and Naslund and Demitra and Holik and Thornton and Gonchar and Accoin and Palffy and Kariya, but what if? A budget is a budget.

Old
08-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmaniac
Martin has impressed me several times. He's still young and has NHL experience. He might be a way to go for us in the net.

I'm just thinking if we start to get interest from really big name players, and our cap shrinks by signing them, and we still have holes to fill, who are the guys in FA that can be assets but relieve our cost concern. I really don't think we're going to get Floppa and Naslund and Demitra and Holik and Thornton and Gonchar and Accoin and Palffy and Kariya, but what if? A budget is a budget.
First of all, The Kings would probably prefer a more veteran presence behind Garon than Prusek. Like say Ron Tugnutt or someone they can get for $1 mil or less. Secondly, the Kings will probably ping sonar on most of the names you mentioned, but I seriously don't think Kings would give up the 4 first rounders it would take to get Thornton out here (not to mention the Max contract he'd probably want). I also doubt if they'd trade top prospects in a trade for him, unless they get shut out in the UFA market.

Old
08-01-2005, 12:14 PM
Mxpunk

I wouldn't mind having Prusek, but I think a veteran with more NHL experience, especially as a starter, such as Sean Burke...He did wonders for Esche, Boucher, etc....I think he would be a fine addition and help ease Garon into the NHL....Not to mention, he's a pretty fine goalie himself.

Old
08-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
MX, Burke was a fine goalie, now he just needs to retire. The man is done.

Old
08-01-2005, 04:05 PM
jt

I actually like Prusek alot and if they can talk him into coming to LA for a reasonable salary, I'd love to see them do it. He ain't worth the ~$1.5 mil QO but he's every bit as good as Huet and I'd pay him $600-$800k...he's a potential #1...

Old
08-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Prusek's QO was only $788K. He's one of the guys I hope the Kings go after.

Old
08-01-2005, 04:51 PM
jt

Wow, then I'm pretty surprised...or maybe Emery is more ready that I thought. I could have sworn I read it was alot higher but obviously I'm wrong.

Prusek isn't young (turns 30 this December), but I always thought he was one of those guys like Gerber who could probably just step right in. But there's certainly no shortage of goalies available with Blackburn, Boucher and possibly Weekes being added to the mix...and one of these days Buffalo HAS to trade one of their guys.

Old
08-01-2005, 05:53 PM
kingsforever

one knock against prusek, is that he's uh oh injury prone has a bad back, he's a quality number 2, i've seen him a lot since i live in ottawa, don't think he's a number 1 guy not durable enough for that, likes playing for ottawa and might go back if he accepts a 2 way deal

Closed Thread