HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Del Zotto could be traded to Sens once trade Freeze lifts

Old
12-28-2013, 11:22 AM
LeTigre

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
with Boyle as an UFA, and Lindberg has not been given a chance as of yet, they will need a Boyle replacement.. Smith would be a big upgrade on the 3rd 4th line... still pass from NYR, Rangers need a bit more.. not a fan of Corvo who is an UFA... rather have Borowiecki or Gryba, maybe something like this

Smith, Borowiecki, Stone for Del Zotto and Boyle?
If we're going to make a deal, it's gotta be close salary-wise. Your proposal has Ottawa taking on 3 million while giving up AHL futures.

I don't mind constructing a Smith+ for Del Zotto + deal though; it could work. But keep in mind that Smith is locked down for sub-2 million until 2017; meaning the cost certainty adds value to the Ottawa side of the ledger. Del Zotto's next contract is a total mystery.

LeTigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Kezia
Benny

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Zib or gtfo.
for Del Zotto? Lulz

Kezia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 11:30 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
(If) It's going to be Del Zotto for a depth player/prospect + draft pick. It will be 3 pieces or less to a potential trade, and stop tossing around 1st round picks. Ottawa doesn't that theirs, so they won't trade next year's for a guy like Del Zotto, and they're not going to trade their 2nd in case they don't make the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
for Del Zotto? Lulz
You guys are fooling yourselves if you think you're getting a young, cost-controlled asset that still has potential for scraps, regardless of what non-Ranger fans think his "current perceived trade value" would be.

That logic is HF garbage and conjecture and nothing more. If Sather was intent on dealing him and couldn't get more, he'd have dealt him by now.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 11:35 AM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
You guys are fooling yourselves if you think you're getting a young, cost-controlled asset that still has potential for scraps, regardless of what non-Ranger fans think his "current perceived trade value" would be.

That logic is HF garbage and conjecture and nothing more. If Sather was intent on dealing him and couldn't get more, he'd have dealt him by now.
Rangers fans do overvalue this guy a little too much though. He's still worth something, which is why I think it should be like Wiercoch (healthy scratch, similar to what Del Zotto is facing) and another small piece for him, but he's no where near where Rangers fans are valuing. You cannot put anyone who is a healthy scratch consistently at a first no matter who they are.

Michael Del Zotto
Pick/Prospect

Patrick Wiercoch
Erik Gryba
Colin Greening

Thoughts?

SeaOfBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 11:37 AM
MAK19

Quote:
Zib or gtfo.
dude. Del Zotto doesn't even look like an NHL player.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 11:38 AM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoMapleLeafsFTW View Post
Rangers fans do overvalue this guy a little too much though. He's still worth something, which is why I think it should be like Wiercoch (healthy scratch, similar to what Del Zotto is facing) and another small piece for him, but he's no where near where Rangers fans are valuing. You cannot put anyone who is a healthy scratch consistently at a first no matter who they are.

Michael Del Zotto
Pick/Prospect

Patrick Wiercoch
Erik Gryba
Colin Greening

Thoughts?
Wiercioch > Del Zotto. Absolutely no reason for Ottawa to do that. Take him out and Ottawa will start talking

Old
12-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Kezia
Benny

Quote:

No. Zibanejad just simply has waaayyy more value than Del Zotto.

Old
12-28-2013, 11:42 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 912
Dreger is turning into Eklund

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 11:52 AM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Wiercioch > Del Zotto. Absolutely no reason for Ottawa to do that. Take him out and Ottawa will start talking
Well I included Wiercoch because he was a healthy scratch. The pick or prospect can be pretty good. That's why I left it as a wild card, just insert a pick or prospect in there, because I know, just like Del Zotto, Wiercoch isn't worth a 1st.

Old
12-28-2013, 11:53 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
No. Zibanejad just simply has waaayyy more value than Del Zotto.
Has potential, but hasn't proven anything in this league yet.

Old
12-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Kezia
Benny

Quote:
So? Still has more value.

Old
12-28-2013, 12:00 PM
officeglen

Quote:
... regardless of what non-Ranger fans think his "current perceived trade value" would be.
who is more likely to know what teams are willing to trade for him, the fans of those teams, the non-Ranger fans, or the Ranger fans?

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 12:00 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Well I included Wiercoch because he was a healthy scratch. The pick or prospect can be pretty good. That's why I left it as a wild card, just insert a pick or prospect in there, because I know, just like Del Zotto, Wiercoch isn't worth a 1st.
Sens management loves Wiercioch. If he has ''healthy scratch value'' then the Sens will certainly keep him. He has top 4 d-man ability and is already better than Del Zotto. Makes no sense for the Sens to move him.

Quote:
He's proven to be a 2nd line centre on a playoff team. this year he's played out of position on the wing because Spezza is blocking him. Zibanejad has played on all 4 lines with extensive time on the 4th line and still producing 0.5 ppg despite not playing his true position.

So you ca just gtfo with the Zibanejad talk. He's Ottawa's future #1 forward.

Old
12-28-2013, 12:03 PM
LeTigre

Quote:
36 points through 81 career games, as a 20 year old, playing all through the lineup. Look past the one assist in his 9 game audition as an 18 year old before being returned to Sweden, and he's a forward that produces every other game.

Old
12-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Swervin81
UNLEASH THE DIRTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
Dreger is turning into Eklund
I just call him Dreglund. His rumors just seem to be pulled out of his ass. Not even based on any talks or even the smallest conjecture, it seems.

Swervin81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 12:06 PM
SenateReform

A

Quote:
He's proven to be an NHL player, what more do you expect from a 20 year old? There's no way Sens consider moving a younger/cheaper player for someone who may have difficulties making our roster.

If DelZotto is coming to the Sens the a D man will need to be going back to NYR. It won't be Karlsson, Methot, Cowen or Phillips since DelZotto can't replace any of their skillsets.

As for forwards, Ottawa won't move young and cheap talent for budget sake. They also won't be moving key pieces like Ryan or Turris who make up our core. So that leaves guys like Condra and Greening.

It may not be what you want, but those are the only players Ottawa would make available for a player like DelZotto so if a deal is being made then don't expect Zib, Smith, Cowen, etc.

SenateReform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Kezia
Benny

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeTigre View Post
36 points through 81 career games, as a 20 year old, playing all through the lineup. Look past the one assist in his 9 game audition as an 18 year old before being returned to Sweden, and he's a forward that produces every other game.
and is very good defensively...

Old
12-28-2013, 12:14 PM
LeTigre

Quote:
Meh. He still has lessons to learn. But he's not clueless, no.

Old
12-28-2013, 12:17 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
So? Still has more value.
Says who, you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
who is more likely to know what teams are willing to trade for him, the fans of those teams, the non-Ranger fans, or the Ranger fans?
Neither, that's why I said it was conjecture and garbage and nothing more than that.

Quote:
Sens management loves Wiercioch. If he has ''healthy scratch value'' then the Sens will certainly keep him. He has top 4 d-man ability and is already better than Del Zotto. Makes no sense for the Sens to move him.
I didn't know he was better than a guy who scored 1 more career point than he did i his first 80 games.

Quote:
He's proven to be a 2nd line centre on a playoff team. this year he's played out of position on the wing because Spezza is blocking him. Zibanejad has played on all 4 lines with extensive time on the 4th line and still producing 0.5 ppg despite not playing his true position.
And Del Zotto has proven to be a top-4 defenseman who actually plays some very good defense when he's not being misused by his coach.

The kid finished 12th in Norris voting in a year in which Marc Staal was out for half of it and was relatively ineffective until about the playoffs.

Quote:
So you ca just gtfo with the Zibanejad talk. He's Ottawa's future #1 forward.
And you can do the same with thinking that Del Zotto will be traded for scraps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeTigre View Post
Del Zotto had 1 more point through the same amount of games as a 19 year old playing defense on a team that boasted Marian Gaborik and a bunch of support players in 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenateReform View Post
He's proven to be an NHL player, what more do you expect from a 20 year old? There's no way Sens consider moving a younger/cheaper player for someone who may have difficulties making our roster.
I'm not asking for more, I'm telling you that Del Zotto has accomplished the same things and more at that age and that you're not getting him for scraps.

Quote:
If DelZotto is coming to the Sens the a D man will need to be going back to NYR. It won't be Karlsson, Methot, Cowen or Phillips since DelZotto can't replace any of their skillsets.
WHAT???? Just a couple of weeks ago in the same threads, you guys were all taking ***** on Cowen and saying Phillips was washed up.

Make up your minds.

Quote:
As for forwards, Ottawa won't move young and cheap talent for budget sake. They also won't be moving key pieces like Ryan or Turris who make up our core. So that leaves guys like Condra and Greening.
I don't recall anyone mentioning Ryan's name in this thread.

Condra isn't a difference maker and Greening isn't playing well according to you guys and what I've seen of him this year. I was a fan of his in the past, but not liking what I'm seeing now.

Quote:
It may not be what you want, but those are the only players Ottawa would make available for a player like DelZotto so if a deal is being made then don't expect Zib, Smith, Cowen, etc.
Ok, you hold your guys in high regard, but we're chastised for doing the same things you guys do?

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Especially when you're ******** on guys like Cowen one week and then the next, propping him up.

Quote:
And someone who had a 12th place finish in Norris voting isn't, I guess.

Cool, glad you know more than the people who vote on this stuff do.

Old
12-28-2013, 12:27 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
If he's a top 4 guy, then why is he a healthy scratch? It doesn't make any sense, unless there's a reason that is not poor performance or a falling out that I can't find. I don't think the Rangers would do:

Michael Del Zotto

Eric Gryba
Colin Greening

However, maybe they are willing to do a three-way deal involving the Leafs, because there's some people we'd like and it could work:

Cody Franson
Mason Raymond

Eric Gryba
Colin Greening

Michael Del Zotto
Marek Hrivik

The way I see it is (and not all of these trades will make sense individually, but they will even out):

Mason Raymond and Colton Orr for Eric Gryba, Colin Greening and a 6th/7th round pick 2014
then
Colin Greening and Cody Franson for Michael Del Zotto and a 2nd round pick 2014
then
Michael Del Zotto, Korbinian Holzer and 2nd round pick 2014 from the Rangers for Jared Cowen OR Patrick Wiercioch and a 3rd round pick 2014.

Therefore, this is what each team gets:

Eric Gryba
Jared Cowen OR Patrick Wiercioch
3rd round pick 2014
6th/7th round pick 2014

Michael Del Zotto
Mason Raymond
Korbinian Holzer
Colton Orr
2nd round pick 2014

Colin Greening
Cody Franson

It's a little complicated, but that's the only way I really see it happening.

Old
12-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Kezia
Benny

Quote:
If he's a top 4 guy, then why is he a healthy scratch? It doesn't make any sense, unless there's a reason that is not poor performance or a falling out that I can't find. I don't think the Rangers would do:

Michael Del Zotto

Eric Gryba
Colin Greening

However, maybe they are willing to do a three-way deal involving the Leafs, because there's some people we'd like and it could work:

Cody Franson
Mason Raymond

Eric Gryba
Colin Greening

Michael Del Zotto
Marek Hrivik

The way I see it is (and not all of these trades will make sense individually, but they will even out):

Mason Raymond and Colton Orr for Eric Gryba, Colin Greening and a 6th/7th round pick 2014
then
Colin Greening and Cody Franson for Michael Del Zotto and a 2nd round pick 2014
then
Michael Del Zotto, Korbinian Holzer and 2nd round pick 2014 from the Rangers for Jared Cowen OR Patrick Wiercioch and a 3rd round pick 2014.

Therefore, this is what each team gets:

Eric Gryba
Jared Cowen OR Patrick Wiercioch
3rd round pick 2014
6th/7th round pick 2014

Michael Del Zotto
Mason Raymond
Korbinian Holzer
Colton Orr
2nd round pick 2014

Colin Greening
Cody Franson

It's a little complicated, but that's the only way I really see it happening.
Nope from the Sens.

Quote:
And someone who had a 12th place finish in Norris voting isn't, I guess.

Cool, glad you know more than the people who vote on this stuff do.
Players can regress. And Del Zotto obviously has, a lot.

Old
12-28-2013, 12:33 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Nope from the Sens.

It's the Cowen thing isn't it... I knew it! Well, I would just do like a couple of picks or like a 3rd and a decent prospect you don't mind losing for Del Zotto. Negotiate. I know the first part isn't the bad part, because that's great value for you guys.

Old
12-28-2013, 12:35 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Nope from the Sens.

Yeah, anyone who is a healthy scratch is worth very little. Look what happened to Liles. He was forced to play, but as soon as Carlyle found an excuse to take him out, he did, and his stock plummeted. He needed a game or two for rehab after an injury, but Carlyle decided to never put him back in.

Old
12-28-2013, 12:39 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Zib or gtfo.
I loled.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 12:40 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Nope from the Sens.

This is exactly how I know that you don't watch him play at all.

Because if you did, you'd know that he was being used on the wrong side and since Staal went out with the concussion that he's been put back on the left side and has been playing far better.

So much for him "regressing".