HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jaden Schwartz

View Poll Results: How long would you like Schwartz's next contract to be?
1 Year 0 0%
2 Years 6 9.38%
3 Years 9 14.06%
4 Years 13 20.31%
5 Years 9 14.06%
6+ 27 42.19%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-27-2013, 07:34 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 500
Jaden Schwartz

I'm surprised there hasn't been much discussion on Jaden other than in the GDTs which is only along the lines of "Jaden seems to be doing well."

It's obvious right now he is having a breakout year and I thought making the thread would be a better way to track his progress and have an idea of how well he will do this and the player he will become.

We saw him make baby step improvements last year but couldn't seem to get on the scoresheet much. I think putting him on the top line last year vs the Kings really did wonders for his development. This year he is not only playing great defensively, he is also finally showing up on the scoresheet more and more.

Right now Schwartz is tied for 4th on the Blues in goals with 11 and 6th on the team in total points. He is currently on pace for 61 points in 80 games in just his first full NHL season.

So where do you guys see Schwartz ending up at? We've all talked about the Parise comparisons and right now he's on that path. Do you guys Jaden as a 60 point player? 70? Possibly even 80? I personally think he will be a consistent 70+ point 2-way player being coached under Hitch and continue to make improvements to his game. The kid works his ass off and puts his heart on the line every game.

Bluesman91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 07:45 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Called this one. He was my pick to breakout and hit 60 points. He has game-breaker ability and will be a ppg+ player at his best when it is all said and done. His speed and tenacity has been there, but his shot has made the difference this season.

Last edited by bleedblue1223: 12-27-2013 at 07:54 PM.
bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 07:50 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

I think you're understating the amount of praise that Schwartz has received, from what I've seen he gets a lot of recognition from Blues posters (which is warranted obviously, given his play).

I think 65-70 points will be the general vicinity for Schwartz's points, which a few 75+ point seasons sprinkled in there. He does play a grittier style for his size which can potentially lead to injuries, but it shouldn't be too much of a concern. I absolutely love his tenacity, he's like a bloodhound whenever the puck is around him. He senses it and goes for the kill (or takeaway).

Oberyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 08:13 PM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 133
I was called dumb in the playoff gdts last year for saying he looked like our best forward

ManyIdeas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Federko

I love schwartz and believe he has top six potential.

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Viper View Post
I think you're understating the amount of praise that Schwartz has received, from what I've seen he gets a lot of recognition from Blues posters (which is warranted obviously, given his play).

I think 65-70 points will be the general vicinity for Schwartz's points, which a few 75+ point seasons sprinkled in there. He does play a grittier style for his size which can potentially lead to injuries, but it shouldn't be too much of a concern. I absolutely love his tenacity, he's like a bloodhound whenever the puck is around him. He senses it and goes for the kill (or takeaway).
I just felt that while he was getting a lot of good praise, I thought he was deserving of much much more and not just from the fans but from St. Louis media as well. We see a lot about Tarasenko but not as much about Schwartz even with the season he is having this year.

Old
12-27-2013, 08:17 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyIdeas View Post
I was called dumb in the playoff gdts last year for saying he looked like our best forward
It was him and Steen AINEC.

Old
12-27-2013, 08:18 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federko View Post
I love schwartz and believe he has top six potential.
I would say he has already established himself as a top six NHL player. I would say the next step is establishing himself as a true first line player.

Old
12-27-2013, 08:19 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
I just felt that while he was getting a lot of good praise, I thought he was deserving of much much more and not just from the fans but from St. Louis media as well. We see a lot about Tarasenko but not as much about Schwartz even with the season he is having this year.
Not an active board and media doesn't care about hockey. We don't really talk about the positives of players here and media doesn't talk about anyone much. There really isn't much about Tarasenko either.

Old
12-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Not an active board and media doesn't care about hockey. We don't really talk about the positives of players here and media doesn't talk about anyone much. There really isn't much about Tarasenko either.
I'm not sure what you're getting at? While there isn't much hockey talk in STL media there is still some and it's usually about the season Steen is having or some excerpt about Tarasenko. All I was saying is that I don't think Jaden has received the attention he is deserving of from Blues fans outside of this board.

Old
12-27-2013, 08:34 PM
DoubleK81

Jaden actually gets quite a bit of recognition on NHL network radio. Its rare that the Blues are talked about, and Jaden isn't brought into the conversation

DoubleK81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Steve Doan
RIP Oscar

I made a thread and a poll last season about who had more potential, schwartz or Tarasenko, the overwhelming response was Tarasenko, I was one of the few who took schwartz

Edit- http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1397411

Steve Doan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Ah, I see what you mean. I think lately we've seen more praise for Schwartz than Tarasenko, mainly due to Schwartz being hot and Frank being cold. I do agree that he deserves a lot of recognition for his play lately, and I believe there was an article on the front page of NHL.com about Schwartz.

Old
12-27-2013, 08:49 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Doan View Post
I made a thread and a poll last season about who had more potential, schwartz or Tarasenko, the overwhelming response was Tarasenko, I was one of the few who took schwartz

To be fair, Tarasenko was the #1 prospect in the whole world just prior to the season and he showed flashes of brilliance throughout the year. Schwartz didn't get much exposure as he was relegated to mainly 4th line duties. I think the poll was lopsided because we Blues fans hadn't seen much of Schwartz, so it was hard to choose him over a guy we saw a lot of in Tarasenko.

Old
12-27-2013, 09:04 PM
bigsick

Do most Blues fans feel he will still be a better player than Tarasenko in 3 years time?

bigsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 09:19 PM
Kasparov

This kid has future captain written all over him. The way he executes on the ice is amazing and his tenacity on the puck is mind blowing. He never gives up on a play. Ever. I love seeing him play. His ability to create a turnover out of nothing is just astounding. As a hockey player myself, he seems to be the kind of person you just hate to play against.

Kasparov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 09:20 PM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsick View Post
Do most Blues fans feel he will still be a better player than Tarasenko in 3 years time?
Yes. Schwartz will be the better overall player.

Tarasenko will be the better pure scorer though, especially if we can pair him with a true playmaker. With his release, it's only a matter of time.

illninofan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 09:48 PM
Bluesnatic27

Quote:
I love Schwartz, but I really want Tarasenko to be the better player because I want the Blues to have that all-star scorer and Tarasenko has that potential.

I don't think we need that all-star to win the cup, but I just like the idea to have one again. But to answer your question, yes, I do think Schwartz' all around play is and will be better...although lately I've been impressed with Tara's defensive play so anything's possible at this point

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 09:58 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

I want Schwartz and Tarasenko to be on the same line and find magic together.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 09:59 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I want Schwartz and Tarasenko to be on the same line and find magic together.
If we do end up getting another center I want them in between these 2.

Old
12-28-2013, 03:13 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
I would say he has already established himself as a top six NHL player. I would say the next step is establishing himself as a true first line player.
He's a first line player. No question. He's a play maker, he takes the puck away from guys n the corner and creates his owns pays and he has a sick wrister. It's not talked about enough...his release fools goalies.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 03:15 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Doan View Post

People don't now squat about hockey. They see sizzle in Tara, but I see steak in Schwartz. I was called a retard for saying Schwartz would be the better player.

Old
12-28-2013, 03:17 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
I hope so. Schwartz is much better is all aspect including skill.

Old
12-28-2013, 03:28 AM
BlueDream

Schwartz is an amazing player. It's actually kind of amazing to me how much better I think he is than Tarasenko because of his overall game.

Tarasenko has the potential to be a better sniper, but I don't think the gap is as wide as some people act like. Schwartz's shot is underrated. He does it all really.

BlueDream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 07:06 AM
Rizzo90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop12 View Post
People don't now squat about hockey. They see sizzle in Tara, but I see steak in Schwartz. I was called a retard for saying Schwartz would be the better player.
Agreed.... As a smaller player. he's no Macdonald or Marty St Louis, speed run& gun kinda player... I too was laughed & scoffed at on this very board but I STILL see an Yzerman kind of player here..... pure grit & determination to beat that guy to the puck... to make the effort to what seems is beyond his means but he keeps doin it.... he's gonna end up with similar career #'s too with the assists, and he's gettin it done in similar fashion. I see him being a captain somewhere someday.

Rizzo90 is offline   Reply With Quote