HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

STHer thread

Old
01-16-2014, 03:20 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
There are people that like Barry Manilow. Which is why he's performing in an arena. Maybe Yormark should call you to find out what the next set of free tickets should be?

Best available tickets for Barry Manilow are sitting at $114 and can go up to $195 per ticket.
I dont care how much the tickets are going for, its BARRY MANILOW! Im 35 years old, I dont want to go see him, or some puppets for a couple of hours, and I bet most in my age range feel the same. For the thousands of dollars that season seat holders spend per year to see the crap that we have seen on the ice, they should be kissing your *****. OK, you dont want to give up tickets to two main events, fine, give one for Manilow or Dunham, and allow the SSOs to choose another of their liking. How much money are they really going to lose if they forfeit a pair of tickets to a Lady Gaga show, or whatever huge name is there. For as bad as this team has been for a good majority of the time in the new arena, they should be doing more for SSOs than this, that is all Im getting at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Been there View Post
You can't believe it? they have done it for years, and will continue to do it
I was a season seat holder for over a decade, so I know exactly what went on.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 04:53 PM
PSLguy

Did anyone get their Jeff Dunham tickets? My were in my account - section 401! I was told by my rep that the seats would be in the same level as my hockey seats - lower bowl.

My rep is gone for the month so I called and asked what was going on and was basically told "too bad" that all SSO's seats are in the 400 level! Tickets are still for sale on ticketmaster in the lower bowl!

I tweeted to Yormark - over 5 hours ago - and of course, no response.

I am very ticked off! No parking passes to the concerts, 400 level seats to a not sold out show, and the fourth "concert" is tickets to two games!

WTF is going on with this franchise. Can't wait for my renewal package and price increase!!!!

PSLguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 09:49 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSLguy View Post
Did anyone get their Jeff Dunham tickets? My were in my account - section 401! I was told by my rep that the seats would be in the same level as my hockey seats - lower bowl.

My rep is gone for the month so I called and asked what was going on and was basically told "too bad" that all SSO's seats are in the 400 level! Tickets are still for sale on ticketmaster in the lower bowl!

I tweeted to Yormark - over 5 hours ago - and of course, no response.

I am very ticked off! No parking passes to the concerts, 400 level seats to a not sold out show, and the fourth "concert" is tickets to two games!

WTF is going on with this franchise. Can't wait for my renewal package and price increase!!!!
Mine are in 416. My Barry Manilow tickets were in the Upper Bowl as well. I have Upper Bowl seats for the games however, so I'm not sure I was supposed to get Lower Bowl seats anyway for the other events. That is ridiculous that you're paying thousands of dollars a season to the organization and they give you nosebleeds

Last edited by FlaPnthrsPunk: 01-23-2014 at 12:10 PM.
FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 09:56 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

It would be better NOT to offer something than to offer it and disappoint.

Not sure why they don't understand that.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 09:02 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
I'm in the same boat as PSLguy, lower bowl seats (row 16) and got tics for Dunham in sect 402 row 15. I called my (new) ticket rep and it was the promoter who only released those tics to the organization cause apparently its a "high value" ticket. Not totally the organization's fault but they should've found out ahead of time whether they could get tickets from the promoter to meet the demand of their customers. My new rep even said the concert series was a good idea in theory but bad idea in practice. As ATF said, and I summarized, it actually hurt them to offer something they couldnt deliver on.

She said I was actually the nicest person she talked to so far about this so clearly a lot of people are rightfully pissed. And I mentioned that its obviously going to hurt renewals quite a bit and she agreed & knows thats coming. How many of us are actually going to renew when our packages come out in the next month or so??

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 09:09 AM
flomarilius

vCash: 515
I'm not renewing until July-August. You know that we are going to sit here and renew on promises of no cheap seats and no free jerseys etc etc, just for summer to come around and see the $7/game bus bench. No thanks man I'm waiting them out hard this time.

flomarilius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 09:20 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by flomarilius View Post
I'm not renewing until July-August. You know that we are going to sit here and renew on promises of no cheap seats and no free jerseys etc etc, just for summer to come around and see the $7/game bus bench. No thanks man I'm waiting them out hard this time.
Yes very good plan. I'm going to tell them the same thing too.

One idea I had yesterday was to actually write an open letter to Viola, Cifu, Tallon, & Yormark on behalf of the SSO's. Kinda a reverse of what Edmonton's owner did last week. It would be something to be sent to the local beat writers to hopefully publish along with several websites like LBC and I'd reach out to my friend at Puck Daddy to see if it could get some publicity that way (probably needs to be sent to the Broward County Commission as well). It needs to be something where the pressure is put on all those guys to know that their customers are not going to keep putting up with the treatment & the results.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 09:43 AM
flomarilius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Yes very good plan. I'm going to tell them the same thing too.

One idea I had yesterday was to actually write an open letter to Viola, Cifu, Tallon, & Yormark on behalf of the SSO's. Kinda a reverse of what Edmonton's owner did last week. It would be something to be sent to the local beat writers to hopefully publish along with several websites like LBC and I'd reach out to my friend at Puck Daddy to see if it could get some publicity that way (probably needs to be sent to the Broward County Commission as well). It needs to be something where the pressure is put on all those guys to know that their customers are not going to keep putting up with the treatment & the results.

The only issue is that all of their "promises" are "subject to change" which will be their defense to giving us bad seats to bad events. I'm 23 years old.... why would I want Barry Manilow seats? Thankfully I have been able to sell my pair of seats for each show to help the return on this abysmal season.

Old
01-23-2014, 06:16 PM
PSLguy

I was so ticked off I emailed Yormark yesterday. I vented with a lot of the same issues I mentioned in my previous post.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to get a response. Yormark emailed me at 4:12 this morning telling me the same thing that Coolburn wrote about all the seats were in the 400 level. He continued to ask how many tickets I needed and they would be in the lower bowl.

I responded a little after 5 and stated I only expected the two tickets due to me as I have to season seats.

He directed someone to add two tickets to my account and by noon they were there, section 118.

Needless to say I am impressed that first he answered the email and second he gave me the lower bowl seats.

Old
01-23-2014, 06:35 PM
FlaPanthers11

delete

Last edited by FlaPanthers11: 02-14-2014 at 10:44 AM.
FlaPanthers11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 10:21 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

I just ripped my Sth rep a new one ove the 401s ( I'm out of the country right now) I'm at a new low with this crap they breached the contract with this fraudulent inducement and if they want to hide behind the "subject to change clause " good luck with us renewing

I too will wait till August to renew.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 11:35 AM
flomarilius

Just saw the following line on the FL Panther press release on 2/20/2013...

"Fans will receive surveys to help determine the types of free concerts they would like to see." Anyone ever get this. Additionally, does anyone have a copy of their contract where it states concert series is subject to change? Mine makes no mention of the SSO concert series and just Larry the Cable Guy. I think we may have a fight here.

Old
01-25-2014, 09:44 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

On a tangential note, was very annoyed about stadium food last night.

$12 for a philly cheese steak which was mostly bread (and the wrong bread) cut the wrong way so that all the meat (and there wasn't much) fell out. Soggy fries that made me feel sorry for the potato that sacrificed it's life so I could eat them (pitched most of them).

I don't mind spending a bit of a premium for stadium food, but don't like to feel like I've been ripped off.

Old
01-25-2014, 12:20 PM
Benched

vCash: 157
I've never been an SSO mostly because I have friends that work for SSE and BB&T who I usually go with at a discounted rate. I was however actually debating on season tix for next season but **** like this just drives me further and further away.

First of all the acts that come here with the exception of maybe one or two a year all suck. All has beens or ****** pop acts who take advantage of the sound systems to lipsync. That's not music so no thanks. Book some better acts. Then they insult you more by giving you upper level seats to a show that isn't sold out, making a bad situation worse. It's in the same category as not letting SSOs upgrade to Club Red for free when it isn't sold out. Or having some kind of drawing that lets a group of them upgrade to Club Red. Insstead they give a random fan the upgrade during the game. Ridiculous. Every game I'm at and they run that segment I say out loud "Yay piss off the SSOs more!" I'm waiting for the game where they are honoring an SSO on the stage, Yormark goes to shake their hand, and the person stiffs him. That's what he deserves from SSOs. That and a huge finger to the face.

Oh and I won't even go in to the fact that food at BB&T costs more than both Marlins and Dolphins games. It is far and away the most expensive in this sports market. And for a team struggling to put ***** in seats. How about a dollar beer night? Or a dollar hot dog night? Or all you can eat seats? No, you want to eat you're paying 14 bucks for chicken fingers. 4 of them. And 9$ a beer. Asinine.

Yormark has no idea how to run anything associated with PR. Or he does and he's just an *******. I may get season seats for next year when it comes down to it because I'm a sucker for punishment and even though I only pay full price for a few games a year it will still be worth it to get them. That's the only reason why I will probably do it.

Last edited by Benched: 01-25-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Benched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 12:31 PM
gizmo12688

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
I've never been an SSO mostly because I have friends that work for SSE and BB&T who I usually go with at a discounted rate. I was however actually debating on season tix for next season but **** like this just drives me further and further away.

First of all the acts that come here with the exception of maybe one or two a year all suck. All has beens or ****** pop acts who take advantage of the sound systems to lipsync. That's not music so no thanks. Book some better acts. Then they insult you more by giving you upper level seats to a show that isn't sold out, making a bad situation worse. It's in the same category as not letting SSOs upgrade to Club Red for free when it isn't sold out. Or having some kind of drawing that lets a group of them upgrade to Club Red. Insstead they give a random fan the upgrade during the game. Ridiculous. Every game I'm at and they run that segment I say out loud "Yay piss off the SSOs more!" I'm waiting for the game where they are honoring an SSO on the stage, Yormark goes to shake their hand, and the person stiffs him. That's what he deserves from SSOs. That and a huge finger to the face.

Oh and I won't even go in to the fact that food at BB&T costs more than both Marlins and Dolphins games. It is far and away the most expensive in this sports market. And for a team struggling to put ***** in seats. How about a dollar beer night? Or a dollar hot dog night? Or all you can eat seats? No, you want to eat you're paying 14 bucks for chicken fingers. 4 of them. And 9$ a beer. Asinine.

Yormark has no idea how to run anything associated with PR. Or he does and he's just an *******. I may get season seats for next year when it comes down to it because I'm a sucker for punishment and even though I only pay full price for a few games a year it will still be worth it to get them. That's the only reason why I will probably do it.
The food at Marlins Park is amazing compared to at the BB&T.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 12:33 PM
Benched

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
The food at Marlins Park is amazing compared to at the BB&T.
In taste and price. Levy makes good food.

Benched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 08:11 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

With Barkov hurt, I may just burn the rest of my tickets.

There really isn't much left to watch for.

Hopefully they can eke out a few wins and maintain some dignity out there, but I just can't take the time to drive down there to suffer and do the walk of shame afterwards.

Even Panthers know it - this is the latest we've gone without renewal packages.

What is there left to promise? Who will believe anything Yorkman says?

Old
02-16-2014, 09:19 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post

Hopefully they can eke out a few wins and maintain some dignity out there, but I just can't take the time to drive down there to suffer and do the walk of shame afterwards.

Exactly.

Its why I argue on the Barkov page that he never should have been sent and I get offended by pushback by foreign fans who say "who cares we weren't making the playoffs anyway".

Old
02-17-2014, 09:55 AM
PSLguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post

From what I've been told the renewal packages will be sent out after the Olympics, around February 27th.

Old
02-17-2014, 11:00 AM
Boooooth10

Im not sure where else to put this, but Yormark was on Local 10 news the other day with the county commissioner.

http://www.local10.com/news/this-wee...eb-16/24513036

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 12:32 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
From what I've been told the renewal packages will be sent out after the Olympics, around February 27th.

Old
02-17-2014, 12:47 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
The tor-chure will probably have "Olympian Alexander Barkov" on the cover...

Old
02-17-2014, 01:55 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Anyone try to get Springsteen tkts! Lol they told us no allotment for sth. Could be last straw.

Old
02-17-2014, 01:58 PM
flomarilius

Did anyone get an email about the SSO olympic skate at the arena... which is today? Apparently they can tweet it out but not send emails?!?!!?

I'm beyond pissed

Old
02-17-2014, 02:06 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Anyone try to get Springsteen tkts! Lol they told us no allotment for sth. Could be last straw.
It really borders on the comical doesn't it.

But they gave you Barry Manilow tickets and I'm sure Yorkman will tell you that's a far more valuable ticket.