HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos / Winn

Old
12-28-2013, 09:48 AM
Sterling31
Takin' Over

vCash: 500
Bos / Winn

Marchand + Boychuk + Kelly + Khokhlachev + Morrow + 1st
for
Kane + Byfuglien + O'Dell + Olsen + Sol

-----

Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Kane - Bergeron - Smith
Soderberg - Spooner - Eriksson
Paille - Campbell - Caron
Thornton

Chara - Byfuglien
Seidenberg - Hamilton
Krug - McQuaid

--

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Marchand-Scheifele-Frolik
Kelly-Jokinen-Setoguchi
Thorburn-Wright-Tangradi

Enstrom-Bogosian
Boychuk-Trouba
Pardy-Stuart

Pavelec
Subban

Last edited by Sterling31: 12-28-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 09:49 AM
Huffer

vCash: 758
No thanks for this Jets fan.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:18 AM
don

Tempting but no thanks.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:18 AM
TOGuy14

Pretty awful for the Jets

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Sterling31
Takin' Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Pretty awful for the Jets
Gives them good proven and futures. Think it would be a decent start to a new era in Winnipeg, if they want to go down that route.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:21 AM
zaYG
Nerevarine

Byfuglien would be welcome, but I don't see the B's parting with Boychuk right now.

Marchand has been heating up a bit and PC said he isn't going anywhere.

Honestly, I don't see the Bruins having any reason to trade any of their top 12 forwards or top 6 defensemen. This team has the most depth I have ever seen them have and it doesn't make sense to really move anyone until the offseason.

Caron for Peluso would be nice though

zaYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:23 AM
Huffer

vCash: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Gives them good proven and futures. Think it would be a decent start to a new era in Winnipeg, if they want to go down that route.
The Jets could do better if they are dealing both Kane and Buff.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:31 AM
bigbadbruins1

I think boston would have to add one of either a koko/ camara type or possibly even bartkowski/spooner.

WPG and Boston would be good partners though, Boston is strong at the center and WPG is strong on the wings.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:33 AM
Seanahue

vCash: 50
That doesn't make us better now and it makes us worse in the future. Subban is a wash as we have 2 very solid goalie prospects in the system.

Seanahue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:36 AM
bruins2011

No way PC does this unless you remove Marshmellow and insert Caron and even then it's still a maybe.

bruins2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:38 AM
zaYG
Nerevarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins2011 View Post
No way PC does this unless you remove Marshmellow and insert Caron and even then it's still a maybe.
There is no way in hell that package is even close when Caron is involved instead of Marchand.

zaYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Thesaurus
Lyrical Wordsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
That doesn't make us better now and it makes us worse in the future. Subban is a wash as we have 2 very solid goalie prospects in the system.
Yup, easy no from the Jets.

Thesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 11:53 AM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

As a Bruin's fan, I like Kane a lot, and I think he would fit in well in Boston. I think he's a better player than Marchand, but the difference isn't as big as some would probably think. Buff is obviously a much better offensive-defenseman than Boychuk, but whether he is a better fit in Boston, I don't know. I might be interested to see what Buff looks like defensively in Boston's structure. But if he didn't adapt, he could find himself in Claude's doghouse pretty quickly.

Still, if the deal is around Marchand, Boychuk and then Kane and Byfuglien, then I think you stay with those four and add on Boston's end. I'm not sure what it would take for Jet's fans to want to make that deal, so I won't guess, but I don't think the Jets would need to add.

Marchand, Boychuk + + (+)?

for

Kane, Byfuglien

It would be a risky move for Chia, especially if Buff doesn't adjust well to the B's system. If he did, it could be a potential home run for Boston, and a good way to start to rebuild for the Jets.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Galbatross

Nope. Jets don't want, not a decent enough trade to grab Kane or O'dell from us. Make a different proposal for Buff

Galbatross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 12:07 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbatross View Post
Nope. Jets don't want, not a decent enough trade to grab Kane or O'dell from us. Make a different proposal for Buff
no interest seeing Buff in a Bruins uni. Bruins defense is set and I don't think Buff could give us what Boychuk does in the playoffs. Boychuk is a great fit in our system and he routinely steps up in big games. no need for the Bruins to shake up their defense.

the guy that interests the Bruins in this trade is obviously Kane. but it would probably take Marchand and Spooner as a starting point and I really don't think Kane is worth that. Marchand is heating up and beginning to play his game again and Spooner is taking the third line center spot from Kelly. Boston doesn't do it, there is no need to do this type of shake up trade for the Bruins. Winnipeg also says no I'd imagine.

After all these threads, if Kane ever does get traded I'll be real interested to see what the Jets get in return.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 03:01 PM
almostawake

The Bruin's cap situation really kills the potential for trade between these two teams IMO. Boston has a number of young assets that would be of interest to the Jets but those assets are cheap and impossible to move for Kane without sending a big contract with them. Marchand's name comes up a lot but he's far from a cap dump and strikes most fans as a guy who's style of play fits better with the Bruins than with any other team.

Replacing Byfuglien with Boychuk (plus additional assets) would be a reasonable thing for the Jets if not for the fact they already have two other top 4 RH defencemen.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 03:04 PM
Hawaiinleaf

Kane and Buff for parts lol

Start with Lucic and start adding...

Hawaiinleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 03:14 PM
NinthSpoke06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post

Lay off that stuff.

Bruins aren't blowing their team up midseason anyway.

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11MilesPerJohan View Post
As a Bruin's fan, I like Kane a lot, and I think he would fit in well in Boston. I think he's a better player than Marchand, but the difference isn't as big as some would probably think. Buff is obviously a much better offensive-defenseman than Boychuk, but whether he is a better fit in Boston, I don't know. I might be interested to see what Buff looks like defensively in Boston's structure. But if he didn't adapt, he could find himself in Claude's doghouse pretty quickly.

Still, if the deal is around Marchand, Boychuk and then Kane and Byfuglien, then I think you stay with those four and add on Boston's end. I'm not sure what it would take for Jet's fans to want to make that deal, so I won't guess, but I don't think the Jets would need to add.

Marchand, Boychuk + + (+)?

for

Kane, Byfuglien

It would be a risky move for Chia, especially if Buff doesn't adjust well to the B's system. If he did, it could be a potential home run for Boston, and a good way to start to rebuild for the Jets.
Marchand + Boychuk doesn't get you Kane, never mind adding in Buff.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Hawaiinleaf

NHL's 3rd leading D scorer who is enormous size + Kane 22 yr old power forward goal scorer for old parts and smaller less physical players is fair thats a joke

Hawaiinleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 04:55 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Marchand + Boychuk + Kelly + Khokhlachev + Morrow + 1st
for
Kane + Byfuglien + O'Dell + Olsen + Sol

-----

Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Kane - Bergeron - Smith
Soderberg - Spooner - Eriksson
Paille - Campbell - Caron
Thornton

Chara - Byfuglien
Seidenberg - Hamilton
Krug - McQuaid

--

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Marchand-Scheifele-Frolik
Kelly-Jokinen-Setoguchi
Thorburn-Wright-Tangradi

Enstrom-Bogosian
Boychuk-Trouba
Pardy-Stuart

Pavelec
Subban
For me , easily turned down . Not that you have not included nice pieces , just Winnipeg should and would get more if they traded their pieces , imo .

jetkarma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 09:31 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Marchand + Boychuk doesn't get you Kane, never mind adding in Buff.
That's why I said and add from there, and then put the three plus signs after that. But thanks for telling me what I already know.

Old
12-28-2013, 10:11 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11MilesPerJohan View Post
That's why I said and add from there, and then put the three plus signs after that. But thanks for telling me what I already know.
Generally speaking, when making a proposal, if one lists specific pieces and then "+", the best assets are the ones named, not the "+". Adding a bunch of lesser pieces to a proposal doesn't make it more valuable to a team.

Kane > Marchand
Buff > Boychuk

Unless the ++ is a top 6 F from the B's roster, then why in the world is Winnipeg interested in downgrading at 2 positions? For the privilege of adding a late 1st round pick or Jordan Caron or Bartkowski?

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:18 PM
Nazemlupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post

Since when are Marchand and Boychuck "parts". Marchand is a very useful second line 2 way player who can get under the opponents skin. Boychuk is a soilid top 4 defencemen and has a cannon of a shot.

Nazemlupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:22 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Generally speaking, when making a proposal, if one lists specific pieces and then "+", the best assets are the ones named, not the "+". Adding a bunch of lesser pieces to a proposal doesn't make it more valuable to a team.

Kane > Marchand
Buff > Boychuk

Unless the ++ is a top 6 F from the B's roster, then why in the world is Winnipeg interested in downgrading at 2 positions? For the privilege of adding a late 1st round pick or Jordan Caron or Bartkowski?
Look at the original proposal. Marchand, Boychuk for Kane, Buff are the key elements. There are a bunch of pieces in there for Boston, and also pieces coming back the other way. My point was the Jets DO NOT need to add in that situation but Boston would. I also said, Jets fans can fill in the blanks for the + + +...I have no idea what they want/need or who they like. At no point did I suggest you could swap two for two.

And why would Winnipeg downgrade at two spots? Because the group they have presently constructed has not won them anything. They have not improved. If they are going to try and retool, then getting two roster players back in addition to multiple prospects and picks would be a good way to do that. Teams routinely trade veteran players for prospects and picks in an effort to rebuild. How many picks and which prospects? I don't know. Fill in the blank.

Also, the difference between Marchand and Kane, Boychuk and Buff is there, but not as massive as you are making it out to be.