HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Claim Heerema and Heins

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2003, 12:50 PM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Rangers Claim Heerema and Heins

Wow I love this move Heerema is gonna be a really good scorer. Although its shocking move, Heerema is 23 years old, maybe barnaby is out. http://www.newyorkrangers.com

Old
09-30-2003, 12:54 PM
#37-#93-#27*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaCouture39
Wow I love this move Heerema is gonna be a really good scorer.
Yea that's why he was left unprotected.

You seem to have a fetish for sucking underachievers.

Old
09-30-2003, 01:00 PM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Yea that's why he was left unprotected.

You seem to have a fetish for sucking underachievers.
The unprotected waiver list comes out tomorrow, I bet they tried to send him to minors and he has to go through waivers to get sent down so Rangers claimed him. I like this move alot.

Old
09-30-2003, 01:06 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
seems like a depth move for Hartford if you ask me, since Lampman is injured and the forward depth isnt the strongest in Hartford

Old
09-30-2003, 01:15 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
seems like a depth move for Hartford if you ask me, since Lampman is injured and the forward depth isnt the strongest in Hartford
I think it's an upgrade for Jakopin maybe even Purrinton.

Old
09-30-2003, 01:18 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Heins was having a good camp I heard.

Hereema? I thought he still had some promise? The only thing I know about his current game is that he has some wheels & he scored his first NHL goal last year against Marty Brodeur. Also, I think he's the cousin of Eric Staal, Carolina's first rounder from last June.

Old
09-30-2003, 01:45 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
I think it's an upgrade for Jakopin maybe even Purrinton.
Herema is a foward. D LaC, i wouldnt say hes gunna be a "really good goal scorer" he obviously wouldnt be on waivers if so.

Old
09-30-2003, 01:49 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nYr LunDmArK 26
Herema is a foward. D LaC, i wouldnt say hes gunna be a "really good goal scorer" he obviously wouldnt be on waivers if so.
Heins is not.

Old
09-30-2003, 01:54 PM
AvsGuy

Heerema is a bum. the guy was picked immediately before Alex Tanguay in the 1998 draft, so there's no reason they shouldn't be at the same level career-wise. Heerema has yet to play a full season in the NHL, heck, i don't even think he's played 1/2 a season.

Old
09-30-2003, 01:57 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
The Rangers certainly stole a player from Carolina today. Jeff Heerema is a speed demon winger that has great hands and nice touch around the net. He only recently recieved his first chance at NHL action last season and he produced pretty well before breaking his wrist. He was a late bloomer and struggled pretty badly in his first few pro years after being drafted but bloomed two seasons ago with Lowell of the AHL. He scored 33 goals and added 34 assists that season and was on pace to put up numbers just like that before his call up.

He was NHL ready at the end of the season before last but Carolina simply didn't have room. When given his big shot this year he hurt himself and that cost him his place with Carolina. He's going to thrive in New York and become the Nelson Emerson clone I always thought he was going to become here. Great pickup for the Rangers.

Old
09-30-2003, 01:59 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever
The Rangers certainly stole a player from Carolina today. Jeff Heerema is a speed demon winger that has great hands and nice touch around the net. He only recently recieved his first chance at NHL action last season and he produced pretty well before breaking his wrist. He was a late bloomer and struggled pretty badly in his first few pro years after being drafted but bloomed two seasons ago with Lowell of the AHL. He scored 33 goals and added 34 assists that season and was on pace to put up numbers just like that before his call up.

He was NHL ready at the end of the season before last but Carolina simply didn't have room. When given his big shot this year he hurt himself and that cost him his place with Carolina. He's going to thrive in New York and become the Nelson Emerson clone I always thought he was going to become here. Great pickup for the Rangers.
thanks for the info, i do like him as hes young, and of coruse always a CHANCE he could be something good.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:14 PM
aki

Low risk, high upside move. The kid hasn't exactly set the world on fire the last couple seasons but he is still young and does have some upside. Sure has wheels but a bit Fata-like at times with his head and hands being slower than his feet.

Old
09-30-2003, 03:18 PM
Edge

I like Heerema personally. He's got wheels and though he's not likely to justify his position in the 98 draft i think there is still some hope for him. He hasnt performed horribly in the AHL the past few seasons and until he got hurt last year seemed ready to make the jump.

Worst case scenario is it's another Rico Fata situation and he serves as callup material.

But i'm not ready to rule Heerema totally out yet.

Old
09-30-2003, 03:24 PM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

Wasn't Heins the guy that had a 106 mph slap shot at the AHL skill Competition a couple of years ago?

Old
09-30-2003, 03:35 PM
Edge

ironically the rangers tried signing him as a young free agent many moons ago. he chose san jose.

Old
09-30-2003, 05:03 PM
Edge

personally i think it makes sense. Lampman is four weeks away and assuming leetch comes back, that means Tjutin is heading to the ahl. Personally i'd prefer to have Tjutin get settled in the AHL without having to constantly be recalled and sent back down several times.

That and i have a feeling Purinton's day might be numbered at this point.

Aside from Lampman and Tjutin there aren't any other ready prospects who are being blocked.

Old
09-30-2003, 05:04 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
Why the hell did we get this Heins guy? Not only do our prospects have no spots on the Rangers, but now they will get less icetime because of some useless players like Heins.
You just answered your own question. How can our prospects get less ice time when they have no spots on the Rangers in the first place???

Dont read too much into this. Heins and Heerema are both Hartford-bound and, at this time, are behind Moore, Murray, Stals, Tyutin, and Lampman in the call-up list. It would take a massive amount of injuries to see these guys on Broadway anytime soon.

Old
09-30-2003, 05:30 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
personally i think it makes sense. Lampman is four weeks away and assuming leetch comes back, that means Tjutin is heading to the ahl. Personally i'd prefer to have Tjutin get settled in the AHL without having to constantly be recalled and sent back down several times.

That and i have a feeling Purinton's day might be numbered at this point.

Aside from Lampman and Tjutin there aren't any other ready prospects who are being blocked.
I agree. Heins is an upgrade over Purrinton in my opinion.

Old
09-30-2003, 05:38 PM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

I imagine Heins will take Pisa's spot in Hartford since Pisa signed to play in Russia...

Old
09-30-2003, 05:42 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger
I imagine Heins will take Pisa's spot in Hartford since Pisa signed to play in Russia...
Pisa never played in Hartford and Heins is waiver elligable. I think he's here to stay as a #7 or until Leetch is back.

Old
09-30-2003, 05:56 PM
Edge

i'd like to believe that the rangers are going into the season with carter,kovalev, lundmark and heerema as the rw's with barnaby playing lw again and simon being waved.

{as the Everly bros. classic "Dream" plays over the loud speaker}

Old
09-30-2003, 06:10 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Picking up Jeff H. was fantastic. That made my day.

Old
09-30-2003, 06:20 PM
Dorthmall

Send a message via AIM to Dorthmall
Yep, picking up Heerema was a great move.

I like him better than Lacouture and Petro, plus he's still pretty young and can still breakout.

Old
09-30-2003, 06:50 PM
LeServ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger
Wasn't Heins the guy that had a 106 mph slap shot at the AHL skill Competition a couple of years ago?
that's the guy. he's also got good size and is pretty tough.

Old
09-30-2003, 07:01 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

my spin on this is that the rangers hardly give their own prospects a shot at the big club, let alone someone like Heerema. The only way he is going to see broadway is if someone goes hurt, or is traded to make space for him.
If that were the case I would prefer to see Murray, Moore or perhaps even wiseman. Then again maybe Heerema can bring his quicks to the PK. Unlike Fata however, Jeff Heerema seems to lack the bulk to muck it up much.
I certainly wish him the best, as he now wears a rangers err wolfpack sweater.
If Heins can ever get his first few strides up a notch or two (hello power skating clinics) he could find time as a #6 in the NHL. His heart and shot clearly have sufficient ability to make the big club.

Closed Thread