HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Non-Ranger FA Signing and Trade Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
$3.6 million per year? Sounds like a lot...what was he getting as a Ranger?
It was a little over $4M, right?

I hate Malakhov as much as anybody, but under Robinson and the new rules, he could earn that $3.6M.

Old
08-04-2005, 08:12 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Domi resigns with TO. Would have liked him in NYR blue again. 1.25 a season for 2 years.

Old
08-04-2005, 08:33 PM
Fletch

Interesting on Lou and Nieds...

I read $6.8 million per. Lou hasn't been quoted and thus neither source is reliable. I tend to think that Jersey didn't offer $7.8 million, though. I can't see someone signing for that much less and no uproar from agents, etc., for setting the bar low. It makes little sense.

from nj.com http://www.nj.com/devils/ledger/inde...oll=1#continue

Old
08-05-2005, 12:41 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Lou's amazing. Great signings. Both Malakhov and Rafalski could thrive under the new rules.
Rafalski did pretty well under the old rules too! And maybe, finally, Malakhov will live up to his potential.

Old
08-05-2005, 01:17 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.

I hate Malakhov as much as anybody, but under Robinson and the new rules, he could earn that $3.6M.
I agree. New Jersey incorporates players into their system. And Robinson is a good coach. Malakhov has good skill and skates well. I think he'll do well. I'm not sure about McGillis though.

Old
08-05-2005, 11:25 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Khabibulin signs a 4 year deal with the Hawks

http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/

Old
08-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Melrose_Jr.

EDM shores up the defense with Igor Ulanov. Markkannen signs on to be a victim of Ulie's gaffes.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=132522

Old
08-05-2005, 02:12 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.

Ah, sweet memories:

"When Sather took over on June 1, 2000, he chose not to re-sign Mathieu Schneider to a one- or two-year deal for $2 million per, in order to ink Malakhov to a four-year deal at $3.5 million per with an option for a fifth."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-149787c.html

Old
08-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Fletch

$3.5 million per...

for Malakhov pre-cap and $3.6 million post-cap? Is there a number I'm missing? Something seems a bit odd to me.

Old
08-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Rafalski did pretty well under the old rules too! And maybe, finally, Malakhov will live up to his potential.
why are "new rules" going to let malakhov live up to his potential? his problem never had anything to do with obstruction, or lack of a legal two line pass...his problem has always been inconsistancy in his play that is a direct result of his effort level. somehow new rules are going to make him try harder? pfft

Old
08-05-2005, 03:22 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
Ah, sweet memories:

"When Sather took over on June 1, 2000, he chose not to re-sign Mathieu Schneider to a one- or two-year deal for $2 million per, in order to ink Malakhov to a four-year deal at $3.5 million per with an option for a fifth."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-149787c.html
And Schneider's still making less than Malakhov.

Old
08-05-2005, 05:29 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Jason Allison signed with TOR.

According to Stan Fischler he was a LOCK for the Rangers, a cant miss signing. Could it be!!???.... Could it possibly be that Stan Fischler was wrong!??!?! oh my god!!! This has to be the first time HE"s ever made a mistake! Who am i gonna take advice from now if Stan Fischler starts getting things wrong!??! oh noo!!! what am I gonna do!!!!???

Stupid idiot, he was never coming here and i didnt want his migraine infested play either.

Old
08-05-2005, 05:36 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Kariya signs 2 year - $9 MM deal with Nashville:

http://www.canada.com/sports/hockey/...a-d412c957d057

Old
08-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
why are "new rules" going to let malakhov live up to his potential? his problem never had anything to do with obstruction, or lack of a legal two line pass...his problem has always been inconsistancy in his play that is a direct result of his effort level. somehow new rules are going to make him try harder? pfft
I could forgive the defensive shortcomings of guys like Malakhov and Poti if they were generating the kind of offense we expect. They're deft passers with good offensive smarts that may be able to exploit the lack of redline. Doesn't mean they'll be players to admire, but if they're putting up 50-60 points, at least they'll be earning their keep and make a positive contribution.

Old
08-05-2005, 07:26 PM
charliemurphy

Ovechkin signs 3-Year Deal

Just wondering what everyone thinks about the Caps signing Ovechkin to a 3 year deal.
I'm sure Washington will try and lock him up down the road to a long term deal but does anyone think that Ovechkin will try and test the market in three years?
If so and depending how he plays and justifies everything that has been reported about his talent...do you think the the Rangers or Sather for that matter have their (his) sights set on a player such as Ovechkin?
I like the signings so far. It seems as if Sather is committed to the rebuild. I'm sure he sees that next year's FA market will have more talent so setting up the salary space for next season's market seems like the right thing to do in terms of the future of the Rangers.
But anyway...just wanted to get everyone's thoughts/comments on Alex O. and the possibility of him being targeted in a few years if/when he hits the market. He's definitely be a player that I'll try and keep an eye on this season.

Old
08-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Onion Boy

Ovechkin should be an RFA after this contract expires. He should become UFA in 7 years (so will Crosby).

Old
08-05-2005, 07:32 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemurphy
Just wondering what everyone thinks about the Caps signing Ovechkin to a 3 year deal.
I'm sure Washington will try and lock him up down the road to a long term deal but does anyone think that Ovechkin will try and test the market in three years?
If so and depending how he plays and justifies everything that has been reported about his talent...do you think the the Rangers or Sather for that matter have their (his) sights set on a player such as Ovechkin?
I like the signings so far. It seems as if Sather is committed to the rebuild. I'm sure he sees that next year's FA market will have more talent so setting up the salary space for next season's market seems like the right thing to do in terms of the future of the Rangers.
But anyway...just wanted to get everyone's thoughts/comments on Alex O. and the possibility of him being targeted in a few years if/when he hits the market. He's definitely be a player that I'll try and keep an eye on this season.
HUH ?????????

Good he signed look foward to seeing him in the NHL, what do you expect people to say....

Old
08-05-2005, 07:33 PM
charliemurphy

Does being a RFA mean that he can't test the market? or can the team trade a RFA if they know he has no intentions of resigning with them?

Old
08-05-2005, 07:34 PM
charliemurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Aim 4588
HUH ?????????

Good he signed look foward to seeing him in the NHL, what do you expect people to say....
Huh ???????????????

Old
08-06-2005, 02:12 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemurphy
Does being a RFA mean that he can't test the market? or can the team trade a RFA if they know he has no intentions of resigning with them?
Teams can trade the rights to an RFA--an RFA can also sign with another club, but the team losing him gets compensation in the form of draft picks from that club--the higher the salary, the more draft picks (don't know what the formula is under the new CBA though). An RFA can also sign outside North America, but his team in NA still controls his rights over here.

Old
08-06-2005, 08:39 AM
Fletch

I don't think...

that that's the right way to go, Charlie. But, we'll know more in three seasons. Maybe Tyutin, Pock, Liffiton, Kondratiev, Taylor, Baranka and Staal all turn out to be solid NHLers, and top four guys. If so, they may become expensive as a group and one or two may be packaged. And maybe the Rangers get lucky with guys at forward too, and there can be a package to get someone like Ovechkin (assuming there's cap space). This is highly unlikely, but that's the only way I see it going down.

Old
08-06-2005, 12:13 PM
eco's bones

It should be several years before any of the above have the leverage to command a big contract no matter how well they do. It might be a very good situation 3 or 4 years from now.

Old
08-06-2005, 03:21 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Jesus, Pens just signed another star to there lineup..a guy named Ziggy Palffy!

3 Years/13.5 Million

Funny all this money just turned up to spend on players but last season they were crying about going bankrupt. I doubt Crosby brought in 40 million bucks with him.

Last edited by FLYLine24: 08-06-2005 at 03:31 PM.
Old
08-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Balej20*

So do you think Palffy turned down the Rangers too? I heard they were pretty hot on him.

Old
08-06-2005, 03:29 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
So do you think Palffy turned down the Rangers too? I heard they were pretty hot on him.

Were they hot on Ziggy? The only person that said they were was E****. I didnt hear anybody else reporting that.

Closed Thread