HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cam Ward (Recalled from Conditioning)

Old
01-01-2014, 02:25 PM
Lethargic
Cthulhu 2016

vCash: 500
Cam Ward (Recalled from Conditioning)

Ward recalled from conditioning.

Last edited by Lethargic: 02-02-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Lethargic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Clark Gillies

So with Nash out 7-10 and Elias in Sweden and we shipped off Westgarth, so we now find ourselves with only 11 forwards on the active roster.
Who gets the call? Terry? or do we dress 7 dmen to work Liles in.

Clark Gillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 03:08 PM
Lethargic
Cthulhu 2016

I think we call Rask, put him in the 3C, or call Sutter and put Manny on 3c with Sutter at 4C

Lethargic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 03:10 PM
Clark Gillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Misfits View Post
I think we call Rask, put him in the 3C, or call Sutter and put Manny on 3c with Sutter at 4C
Your right totally forgot about the Center aspect, probably because I'd like to forget with dress Nash as a C.
Would love to see Rask get an opportunity, so it will probably be Sutter.

Old
01-01-2014, 03:15 PM
DaveG
Global Moderator
How's the thesis?

vCash: 50
Awards:
I might do Sutter if only because I REALLY liked the way Boychuk-Malhotra-Ruutu was looking there as our 3rd line late in the game.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 03:18 PM
What the Faulk
Auggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
I might do Sutter if only because I REALLY liked the way Boychuk-Malhotra-Ruutu was looking there as our 3rd line late in the game.
Things you never thought you'd say 2 months ago.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 03:18 PM
TheOllieC
cajun filet

vCash: 600
I would love to see Rask therfore it will not happen

TheOllieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 03:24 PM
DaveG
Global Moderator
How's the thesis?

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
Things you never thought you'd say 2 months ago.
No kidding on that one.

But yeah, Boychuk's looked REALLY good in his callup. I'm as surprised as anyone about that.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Wolfpuck
More Skins More Wins

Ward injured, no one surprised

I'm curious to see if Rutherford finally goes out and gets a 3C in a trade, or if we call someone up from Charlotte.

Wolfpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Clark Gillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
No kidding on that one.

But yeah, Boychuk's looked REALLY good in his callup. I'm as surprised as anyone about that.
Yeah, Boychuk is playing like he wants to stay around for awhile, he has without a doubt been paying with a little edge.

Old
01-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Borsig

Again with this?

What - is ward scared to play or something? If I didnt know better, I swear he's exaggerating, or this is BS in somw way.

Guys spends more time on IR than in the net anymore. Frankly, we do just fine without him.

Borsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 10:00 PM
Moosetache

Send a message via AIM to Moosetache Send a message via Yahoo to Moosetache
Have got to get rid of Ward as soon as possible. This is going to end up being a total nightmare if he continues to get injured once a month. Just take a risk and go with Khudobin, its worth a shot. If he craps the bed, then we have another nice high pick.

Moosetache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Blueline Bomber
From the Blueline

This Ward "injury" seems more like a ploy to showcase Peters/Khudobin than an actual injury. If he returns from "injury" after this road trip (or we trade Peters/Khudobin shortly after he does), it'll be obvious this injury wasn't one.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 10:33 PM
TheOllieC
cajun filet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosetache View Post
Have got to get rid of Ward as soon as possible. This is going to end up being a total nightmare if he continues to get injured once a month. Just take a risk and go with Khudobin, its worth a shot. If he craps the bed, then we have another nice high pick.
...and still no goalie.

#logic #camwardo #satin

Old
01-01-2014, 10:37 PM
What the Faulk
Auggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
This Ward "injury" seems more like a ploy to showcase Peters/Khudobin than an actual injury. If he returns from "injury" after this road trip (or we trade Peters/Khudobin shortly after he does), it'll be obvious this injury wasn't one.
This is the third time I've seen this today and no one has made a logical reason for throwing it out there. Why would they hold Ward out to showcase those two? Start Khudobin/Peters, fine, but Ward is your backup, and he at least travels with the team. Which he didn't do.

Old
01-01-2014, 11:01 PM
Moosetache

Send a message via AIM to Moosetache Send a message via Yahoo to Moosetache
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOllieC View Post
...and still no goalie.

#logic #camwardo #satin
Well, we dont have a goalie right now thats for sure!!!

3.14 GAA and has given up 3+ goals in every game since November 24, a span of 9 starts. That is just terrible.

Moosetache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Blueline Bomber
From the Blueline

Quote:
This is the third time I've seen this today and no one has made a logical reason for throwing it out there. Why would they hold Ward out to showcase those two? Start Khudobin/Peters, fine, but Ward is your backup, and he at least travels with the team. Which he didn't do.
Unless you're showcasing both of them. Different teams might be interested in a different goaltender. Why not use this trip as a way to showcase both and get the final "best offers" from those teams?

Then trade the goalie with the best offer, use the remaining goaltender as the 1A/1B combo with Ward until one of them grabs the reins.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 11:54 PM
TheOllieC
cajun filet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosetache View Post
Well, we dont have a goalie right now thats for sure!!!

3.14 GAA and has given up 3+ goals in every game since November 24, a span of 9 starts. That is just terrible.
So you want to quit on a goalie who has been solid for over 7 years because of a 1 month sample size? O. He's overpaid but so is half the Canes roster so if anything that makes him more immovable.

Old
01-02-2014, 08:00 AM
What the Faulk
Auggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Unless you're showcasing both of them. Different teams might be interested in a different goaltender. Why not use this trip as a way to showcase both and get the final "best offers" from those teams?

Then trade the goalie with the best offer, use the remaining goaltender as the 1A/1B combo with Ward until one of them grabs the reins.
That still doesn't explain why you wouldn't have Ward be the backup in either game. You're not showcasing Khudobin/Peters on the bench opening and closing the door. You can absolutely start both, but it makes no sense to scratch Ward with a fake injury, and it makes even less sense to leave him in Raleigh. This isn't what's happening.

Old
01-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Mr Whipple
Charmin Soft

There's no need for Ward to fake an injury right now. He hasn't been put on the IR from anything I've seen, so he is still on the roster. Which means they could still take him on the trip and have him sit in the press box, play backup, or whatever. It's just there'd only be room to play 2 of the 3 goalies per night.

If he's going to fake an injury for a reason he'd have to be put on IR to free up a roster space, though they already did that when they traded Westgarth. So unless there's another trade about to go down that they're getting more back than trading away there's just no need.

Could it be possible that he was still nursing an injury and came back too soon? Don't think many here will disagree that he hasn't looked like the old Ward. May have re-aggravated whatever was bothering him.

Mr Whipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 10:04 AM
lightningbolt444

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOllieC View Post
So you want to quit on a goalie who has been solid for over 7 years because of a 1 month sample size? O. He's overpaid but so is half the Canes roster so if anything that makes him more immovable.
Personally I think Cam Ward has always been overrated by many of the fans because of his cup run performance. He had a great Cup run in 06 but in the regular season he was subpar.
He was subpar in 06-07 had an average season in 07-08 then had 4 very good seasons, Last season he was awful and this season he has been awful.

Blame the team in front of him all you want however his job is to stop pucks. Ryan Miller, Carey Price (after we just lit him up ), the Toronto goaltenders are all being asked to stand on their heads and stop the puck. For the most part they are doing it.
If this team was losing but Cam was looking good then the team in front of him excuse is very valid. However Cam at times has been the reason the team has looked bad.

I think the biggest thing here is can you with out a doubt say with Cam in net the canes win more games then with Peters or Anton in net? If you cant put all three goalies in play for trade. Whichever one brings the biggest return you trade them.

The canes dont have a ton of trade pieces because any player that is half way decent are unmovable to this franchise for some reason. Sometimes you need to make a hard choice and move a decent player.

lightningbolt444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 10:09 AM
golfpro827

Peters is by far the most obvious trade bait out there.

No chance it's not him moved.

While if this team makes the playoffs one of the top reasons HAS to be the way he played with Khudobin and Ward down, he hasn't been great since then - back to average.

If this team had confidence in him, they certainly wouldn't have signed Khudobin.

Peters' value will never be this high again. Get what you can for him.

If you get a blockbuster for Ward - say a likely top 5 pick or some young scorer, you make the move. But the same reasons we are hesitant about Ward are the same reasons trading partners will be too.

golfpro827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 10:17 AM
What the Faulk
Auggie

Clearly the only question left for Khudobin to answer is if he should get his number retired now or later.

Old
01-02-2014, 10:38 AM
GoCanes2013

I don't think Ward would agree to 'fake' an injury in order to showcase the other 2 guys. One whisper to the NHLPA (if Canes suggested this to a player) would have some ramifications, I would think?

GoCanes2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Hayley from paramore

Quote:
Clearly the only question left for Khudobin to answer is if he should get his number retired now or later.
now IMO

Hayley from paramore is offline   Reply With Quote