HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Tips?

Old
12-31-2013, 02:40 AM
Hectic

vCash: 500
Tips?

I am rather a beginner on skating. I have only skated about 2 times so far and I have my proper hockey skates. Although, I tend to fall quite a lot and I was wondering if their was a way i can get better balance. I was also wondering how log it would talk for me to get used to it and skate like those who have experience. My stick handling and shooting is fine, but my skating is just atrocious aha

Thanks.

Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 02:47 AM
SCBruCrew4

vCash: 500
First how long have these 2 on ice sessions been?

Second if I were you I would focus strictly on skating. Nothing with a stick or puck for the time being. So I'd suggest looking up public skating hours at rinks near you. Also look into Adult skating clinics.

As for balancing drills, there's a whole ton of them. Some require more skill than others but because you are so new to skating I'd suggest just getting the feel for it first then start on drills.

So just go out for a few more public skate sessions and literally get your legs under you. A good benchmark would be, when you have enough balance that you feel you need to work on stopping, then you should be ready for balance and stop drills.

SCBruCrew4 is offline   Reply With Quote