HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Who? Habs lose 4-1

Old
12-29-2013, 08:06 PM
GoHabsGo312711*

vCash: 500
Francis Bouillon is very, very, very bad defenseman.

GoHabsGo312711* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 08:07 PM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Guys just think how good we could be in 2 years. No briere or gionta hopefully, galchenyuk,price,gallagher with acouple more years under their belt. Some of our high end prospects making the jump. This year has sucked pretty bad but the future looks exciting.
Desharnais' here for another 3 years.

Smokey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jigger77

Quote:
Ha well maybe I should rephrase that but without price I don't think we would be In a playoff position
Nope. But he's a product of this team. There's a reason they drafted him 4th overall in one of the strongest drafts in recent history. And so far it looks like they've done well developing him too.

The last two cups were won because of goaltending. The banners on the rafters still count as far as I know.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Their coach is impressive.

I also have to listen to the out of towners. I had to chuckle when DD and Gionta were at the net on the PP (when Gionta was flattened) and the Panthers announcers called them "Jockeys at Gulfstream".

Gulfstream Park is the horse track in Miami.

It was a funny but sad chuckle though.
ALl of the out of town guys make fun of our size. lol.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Willis Jenks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Could you see a difference in the way the Panthers played the game on offense and the Habs approach?

Same for defense?

Did you notice that we were hemmed in the entire 2nd period WITHOUT A SCAPEGOAT PLAYER to blame it on? It was the entire team playing Therrien's system.

Therrien is the new Jacques Martin. Ensuring Canadiens mediocrity one game at a time.
No scapegoat player = scapegoat coach ? How about we turn no one into a scapegoat. This team definitely needs a shakeup of some sorts because there hasn't been any offense for a while now. Maybe a trade to bring some forwards in and to send away some passengers? This team is 3rd in the division after all and you can hate on Therrien all you want but he deserves credit for our standing. Contrary to popular belief, there isn't as much talent on this team as you think. Therrien basically turned a mediocre team into a top team in the conference. He's done this two years in a row now. You guys must of forgot but we were dead last before he came in and without many changes we are at the top with his help. You think Boucher or whoever can turn this into a first place team? Please. This team is overachieving and there's no doubt about it.

Therrien has done such an excellent job in making a very mediocre team into a top player in the conference and the first slump this team goes through we're calling for a new coach. This board is an embarrassment. Just a bunch of fair weather uneducated fans.

Willis Jenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PhysicX

vCash: 755
Quote:
So??
So there's nothing to be excited about. It's not like the rest of the league will remain stagnant.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Nope. But he's a product of this team. There's a reason they drafted him 4th overall in one of the strongest drafts in recent history. And so far it looks like they've done well developing him too.

The last two cups were won because of goaltending. The banners on the rafters still count as far as I know.
5th overall in a rather weak draft actually.

Old
12-29-2013, 08:09 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
I'm not a MT fan, never was he isn't putting some of the dmen in positions where they can excel, but the rest of it falls on the players he doesn't play the game, way too many mediocre players on this team, frustrating to watch. But we are still what 3rd in the eastern conference? Not to bad at all
I agree. Players play. Coaches coach.

When you see the same tired PP with no creativity and no attempt to put a player in the crease area, that falls on the coaching.

When you see a perimeter offense with forwards not looking for the opening in the slot (or hell, even skating in the slot), then that falls on the coaching.

One of two possibilities exist.

Either the coaching staff is not attempting to correct these mistakes (or even acknowledge that players are making mistakes).

Or

The players have tuned Therrien out.

Neither scenario is good and both point to getting Therrien out of Montreal.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 08:10 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 284
This season feels like 2011-12 in many ways. First the team can't score. Second they are frustrating to watch and they look lifeless for many parts of games. The big difference is though we are getting really good goaltending this time and we have a healthy lineup (as of now).

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 08:10 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Rodgers
Beast mode engaged.

Old
12-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
5th overall in a rather weak draft actually.
Sorry 5th.

Still if I recall it wasn't the "obvious" choice at the time. But it sure turned out to be a good one no?

Old
12-29-2013, 08:12 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:

5th overall actually . But we can hardly score goals against bottom feeding teams let alone big playoff teams. If we make the playoffs price will have very little margin for air. If he lets in 2 goals in playoffs there is a strong possibility they lose the game.

PricerStopDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 08:13 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis Jenks View Post
No scapegoat player = scapegoat coach ? How about we turn no one into a scapegoat. This team definitely needs a shakeup of some sorts because there hasn't been any offense for a while now. Maybe a trade to bring some forwards in and to send away some passengers? This team is 3rd in the division after all and you can hate on Therrien all you want but he deserves credit for our standing. Contrary to popular belief, there isn't as much talent on this team as you think. Therrien basically turned a mediocre team into a top team in the conference. He's done this two years in a row now. You guys must of forgot but we were dead last before he came in and without many changes we are at the top with his help. You think Boucher or whoever can turn this into a first place team? Please. This team is overachieving and there's no doubt about it.

Therrien has done such an excellent job in making a very mediocre team into a top player in the conference and the first slump this team goes through we're calling for a new coach. This board is an embarrassment. Just a bunch of fair weather uneducated fans.
I believe Price deserves some credit doesn't he? He has played lights out all year.

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 08:17 PM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
Sorry 5th.

Still if I recall it wasn't the "obvious" choice at the time. But it sure turned out to be a good one no?
He was touted as goaltender with elite potential going into the draft IIRC. I've been a Price supporter from day 1 and yea it's turned out to be a good choice, but 2005 wasn't one of the deepest drafts in recent history.

Old
12-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Willis Jenks

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
I believe Price deserves some credit doesn't he? He has played lights out all year.
Obviously but i don't think you're getting the point. Take away price and what do we have? A god awful team. What's a new coach gonna do that Therrien isn't doing? Nothing because there's simply no talent on offense other than pacioretty, just a bunch of over achievers that are slumping. This whole calling for Therrien's head is the dumbest thing that this board believes.

Willis Jenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 08:19 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis Jenks View Post

Sorry man. This is not a mediocre team. Look at the talent that we have on this team offensively. Pleks, Gionta, Gallagher, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Eller and even DD. Add to that Subban and Markov.

And we are lucky to score one goal from Prust of all players on the team.

When you try to turn a team of smallish forwards that should excel at puck possession into a grinding dump and chase team, do you expect any other results?

This falls on coaching. We can blame (if we need to play the blame game) Markov or Emelin for two or three goals.

Who is the scapegoat for the lack of offense?

Watch this game again if you can. Watch how the Panthers have players in the slot on every shift. And then watch where our forwards are IF, and its a big IF, we can regain control of the puck after dumping it in.

Old
12-29-2013, 08:20 PM
Kirk Muller

The most disturbing thing I find is that it seem MT is content with what he sees and believes they are just unlucky or something.

The team can't score and gives up a buttload of chances and are saved by there goalies. It's a twin killer at some point.

And he just refuses to try a different approach.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 08:21 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
5th overall actually . But we can hardly score goals against bottom feeding teams let alone big playoff teams. If we make the playoffs price will have very little margin for air. If he lets in 2 goals in playoffs there is a strong possibility they lose the game.
Can't disagree there. They are having a rough time scoring for sure.

But that doesn't automatically mean you have to fire the coach is what I'm saying. MT will be the first to tell you they aren't scoring enough. His theory is you have to score 3 goals minimum to win a game in the NHL. That's a quote from him.

Does that mean he's always right and can't change certain aspects of his coaching? Of course not. I'm saying it's everyone's responsibility.

I don't understand where all of a sudden Habs fans adopted the white flag mentality. Where the second the team struggles (a 23-14 team no less) we have to immediately jump to harsh conclusions. We're not in 1978 anymore where we're going to plow though everyone in the league. And if we are going to become contenders, it's not going to happen overnight and it won't happen without some sort of stability. I.E sticking with the plan through highs AND lows.

Old
12-29-2013, 08:21 PM
rafal majka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Mon Amour View Post
#GuyBoucher2014
Guy Boucher probably incorporates fancy stats as part of his coaching strategy. That isn't going to wash with the dinosaurs in Habs management.

rafal majka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
He was touted as goaltender with elite potential going into the draft IIRC. I've been a Price supporter from day 1 and yea it's turned out to be a good choice, but 2005 wasn't one of the deepest drafts in recent history.
Yeah granted. 2003 was the draft we ****ed up at. But that's another can of worms.

My point is Price is part of the team. So it's a bit irrelevant to say we're relying on goaltending. Of course we are he's our Crosby, our Getzlaf, our Toews/Kane etc. He's a product of the Habs and they're building around him like those teams have is what I mean.

Old
12-29-2013, 08:25 PM
rafal majka

Quote:
Desharnais' here for another 3 years.
He's got a contract that can be easily moved.

rafal majka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent_lowlife View Post
And he's far from being the crutch in the wheels, despite what popular opinion may be.

Old
12-29-2013, 08:28 PM
NewHabsEra*

We werent mentally ready to play this game plain simple.. Too many passengers on this team.. Did I say that I couldnt stand Rene Beurk?

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 08:28 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
The teams they beat in those games disagree.

They hit 3-4 posts last night and had two disallowed goals on a back to back tonight. Perspective man, perspective.

Can things be improved? Always, but embarrassing? Please.
that.

Seriously.

Anyone really expected the team to do better in the first half of the season than that?

Our core is incredibly young. Name me one player that regressed from last season. Team will get better year and after year.

I think our window for contender will really open in two season when Gionta, Brière contracts will be off the hook and DD shipped somewhere else. Then Subban, Eller, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Price, Tinordi... will be in their prime.

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 08:30 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent_lowlife View Post
You are obviously not in MB' shoes..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote